1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

Can you mail a catalog without an envelope?

Discussion in 'Customer Care and Service' started by susanr613, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susanr613

susanr613 Gold Member

A potential host wants to look at the new fall catalog (not the mini) so she can get psyched about hosting. Can we mail a catalog by putting an address and stamps on it, or do we have to put it in an envelope?

Thank you!

2. I think if you don't put it in an envelope, it will get really really mangled. I don't trust the USPS that much. :)

3. JAE

JAE

If you do send it w/o an envelope, use the sticker tape to close all the open sides. KWIM? I should send one to myself to see what will happen.

4. susanr613

susanr613 Gold Member

muchos gracias! i'll put it in an envelope with lots of stamps :)

5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Gold Member

Yes, as stated, you'd have to seal the sides and preferably mark it to be handled by hand and not through machinery.

I'd go with the envelope!

6. laurichef

laurichef Gold Member

I have seen it mailed as is, with just the pages stapled together. 3 stamps will cover it.
    Don't know how it looks when it gets there....

7. ChefJWarren

ChefJWarren Gold Member

I mailed several catalogs today in envelopes. They were all $1.51 each.

8. ChiefWorden

ChiefWorden Gold Member

Just an FYI and heads up. I was just on the USPS website and rates are set to increase in May - again! :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.