• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent How Do You Advertise the Outlet to Your Customers?

In summary, the conversation revolved around promoting the outlet section of a website to generate more sales. Ideas were shared on how to effectively advertise the outlet and tips were given on creating an email newsletter or flyer to promote the outlet. There were also discussions on linking to the outlet and the importance of keeping outlet emails separate from regular newsletters. The conversation ended with friendly banter between two members with similar website names.
MissChef
Gold Member
I marked urgent because I'm running out of time!
I want to send out something announcing the outlet stuff. Trying to still drum up those June sales! Anyone have a flyer/newsletter you created and wouldn't mind sharing??
TIA

Gosh, last time I tried it, everything sold out so fast when all the new cool stuff came out.
I advertise on my newsletter that Joy does ( Tasty Tidbits) and I check the outlet often and if I see new stuff is added I send a mass e-mail out, but that can backfire if everything sells out. I mark in bold that things go fast etc... but boy people get mad if they go to buy it and it is sold out b/c they weren't quick enough.You could make up a cute flyer to send out, someone might have one from here. I don't think I was much help, sorry :(

I sent out an email to everyone on my monthly newsletter list stting that the Outlet had changed...go check it out! They did! I had over $200 in outlet orders last month!

I'm adding this to the free-form section of the "Hot New Products for Summer" email from my PWS/Customer Connection:

And check out the GREAT DEALS on my OUTLET! Tons of discontinued products at DEEP DISCOUNTS! To get to the outlet:

- Go to /cathyskitchen
- Click on "Order Products"
- Select Option 2 - "not invited to a show" - and click on "Place an Order"
- Click on "Outlet Specials" at the bottom left-hand side of the page

Happy Shopping!

I'll let you know how it goes after I send it out on July 1!

123byrequest just started sending out an outlet email. It's also in the monthly newsletter I get.

Okay, as for what you send via e-mail, do you create a newsletter, or a flyer or what? I would love to have a copy, because otherwise I will spend forever trying to put it together, and I just don't have "forever" right now. if someone would forward me their e-mail that they send out to [email protected] or post it here, I would be sooooo grateful!

Cathy - I just forwarded the Customer Connection email that I test-sent to myself for my July newsletter. I keep mine short and sweet, and find I get more orders and responses from them. HTH!

Cathy - that is exactly what I did this afternoon and have 5 orders from it. As I said in another thread - just type out the directions how to do it - do not give them the link to the Outlet (it will direct them to the generic website, as I learned this afternoon)

cathyskitchen said:
Cathy - I just forwarded the Customer Connection email that I test-sent to myself for my July newsletter. I keep mine short and sweet, and find I get more orders and responses from them. HTH!

Thanks Cathy! BTW, I love your name! ;):p LOL!!! ROTFLMBO!!! :D:D
I'll go check out my email!

stefani2 said:
Cathy - that is exactly what I did this afternoon and have 5 orders from it. As I said in another thread - just type out the directions how to do it - do not give them the link to the Outlet (it will direct them to the generic website, as I learned this afternoon)

Thanks Jenna! Which other thread are you talking about?

"You have GOT to be kidding me" - LOL - I didn't know what else to call it that was appropriate :blushing:

I remember they told us not to do that and I stopped immediately (it was a while back - 2 years ago maybe?). I used to do my own email newsletter (before Customer Connection) and linked every page that I referred to in my newsletter. I didn't want to risk not getting orders credited to me anymore, so I just send them to my PWS address and instruct them on where to go to find what they need. Your situation was definitely weird, Jenna!!

MissChef said:
Thanks Cathy! BTW, I love your name! ;):p LOL!!! ROTFLMBO!!! :D:D
I'll go check out my email!

I know - we have great moms who have great taste in names, huh? ;) I felt like I was sending an email to myself when I emailed you! LOL! :D

Thanks for sending me that Cathy! I notice our website is simular!! I'm /cathyscookin !!!
How fun! I just love making new friends on this board!:thumbup:;)

My 'situations' are always wierd :confused:

I think Outlet Emails need to be sent out SEPERATELY from your Newsletter if you want them to get TONS of attention - K.I.S.S. - People LAB

MissChef said:
Thanks for sending me that Cathy! I notice our website is simular!! I'm /cathyscookin !!!
How fun! I just love making new friends on this board!:thumbup:;)

Yep - two Irish Cathys :) - we clearly think alike! I'm way too addicted to this board - I should have gone to bed 30 min. ago, but had to stop here and now I'm going to be VERY sleepy tomorrow - oops! :indif:

I copy and paste the pics, prices and descrption in the Outlet into Outlook. At the top of that I give stp by step instrutions on how to find the Outlet on my website and give them my website address. I putting the pics and prices in it really get them to go to the Outlet when they actually "see" what is in it before they get there.

cathyskitchen said:
Yep - two Irish Cathys :) - we clearly think alike! I'm way too addicted to this board - I should have gone to bed 30 min. ago, but had to stop here and now I'm going to be VERY sleepy tomorrow - oops! :indif:

Quick question, Cathy, is Murphy your maiden name or your married name? Meehan is my married name, but do you want to know just how Irish I really am!?! My birth last name was Kilpatrick!! Then, later on I took on my step-dad's last name, which was Warner. But I am Irish by birth and by my married last name!
Yeah, I know what you mean by addicted to this board, I really need to quit posting so much and work more often! I think NC is going to give me the kick I need! Again, thanks!:love::D;)

jrstephens said:
I copy and paste the pics, prices and descrption in the Outlet into Outlook. At the top of that I give stp by step instrutions on how to find the Outlet on my website and give them my website address. I putting the pics and prices in it really get them to go to the Outlet when they actually "see" what is in it before they get there.

Thanks for you help Jennifer!! You are great!:thumbup:

cathy, can you email me a sample of your newsletters? PLEASE!!

[email protected]

thank you.

stefani2 said:

So, does this mean if I put my website address in my newsletter and they click on it, it will not link them directly to my site? :confused:

You can put your PWS in your newsletter, but you cannot put a link that goes directly to the outlet. HO indicated a while back that any links to PWS pages other than home pages would direct to the corporate site (lead system).

1. How can I advertise the outlet to my customers?

There are several ways to advertise the outlet to your customers. You can post about it on your social media accounts, send out email newsletters, or include information about the outlet in your product catalogs.

2. What types of deals and discounts can I offer through the outlet?

You can offer a variety of deals and discounts through the outlet, such as discounted or discontinued products, special promotions, or bundle deals. Get creative and find ways to entice your customers to check out the outlet!

3. Can I use images and graphics to promote the outlet?

Yes, using images and graphics can be a great way to grab your customers' attention and promote the outlet. You can use product images, sale banners, or even customer photos to showcase the products available in the outlet.

4. How often should I promote the outlet to my customers?

It is important to strike a balance when promoting the outlet to your customers. You don't want to overwhelm them with constant promotions, but you also don't want them to forget about the outlet. We recommend promoting it once a month or during special occasions.

5. Are there any specific guidelines or rules for advertising the outlet?

Yes, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind when advertising the outlet. Make sure to accurately represent the products and discounts available in the outlet, and avoid using misleading or false information. Additionally, be sure to follow any branding guidelines provided by Pampered Chef for consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ConniePC