• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Recover My Lost Orders on My New Laptop?

backing up everything in My Documents, not just the files that are in My Documents.The easiest way to do this would be to use a piece of software like Windows Backup. Backing up your entire computer will include all the files in the My Documents folder, as well as any other folders you have on your computer.It would be faster to back up the entire computer using Windows Backup than to go through each folder and backup the files that are in that folder.
tiffanypc05
okay, so i got a new laptop and all my shows from pampered partner were on my old one so I decided to back the ones up on the old one and put it on the new one. Well I didn't back the ones oup on the new one and they are all gone now.....I had call in orders that i did not write down....Can anyone tell me how to go back. I know there's something where you can go to where it will bring your computer back to a certain time. I've got to get these orders turned in but they are all gone!!!! Please help!!!:mad:

I don't understand why it wiped your current info out. The shows you added are old, so it should not have anything to do with current shows. Unless it replaced your new PP version with an old one that won't support the new products.

well, I have done this. I go between my desk top and lap top. I don't know that there is a way to recover that info unless you backed it up on another file as well. Now I always back up to my memory stick and a file on each computer everytime. I know this doesn't really help, but you're not alone in the problem.

If you have XP you can go back to a certain date (two days ago or whatever). I can never remember what it is called, but go in your help and support file. When I open mine there is a list under PICK A TASK. One of the options is SYSTEM RESTORE. Choose this and pick a date and time that you want to restore to. Good luck!

Don't feel bad...I did this too...now I keep everything on my laptop. Thank goodness it was a slow month that I did this in...if it would have been a busy month I would have just died.

call or email technical support if there is a way to do it they can walk you thorough it. System restore is another great way to do this, like Gillian said.

The three most important words in the computer industry are:1. Backup.
2. Backup.
3. Backup.The cheapest form of insurance you can buy is a jump drive. You can buy about a quarter gig of memory in a jump drive for about 20 bucks these days. Buy one - and every time you log off PP, back up to the jump drive and keep it in a safe place. It will help you avoid this heartburn in the future.Oh, one more thing that I recommend (but often forget to do myself) is once a month, make a copy of your data files on a CD-ROM. Most every laptop these days has a CD-RW drive, so take advantage of it!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Oh, one more thing that I recommend (but often forget to do myself) is once a month, make a copy of your data files on a CD-ROM. Most every laptop these days has a CD-RW drive, so take advantage of it!

I keep forgetting to do this and smacking myself in the head. I used to have the space that I backed my laptop onto my desktop and my desktop onto my laptop (someday I'm going to get software for this). But I need to do a major cleanup job on the desktop and I keep forgetting that I have a CD-RW drive on the laptop. Hmm, maybe while thinking of this now would be a good time to do that backup to a CD-ROM.

What's the fastest/easiest way to put all of these data files onto a CD-RW? I have data files all over my laptop, not just in one folder so it seems like it would take forever to go through the computer and locate these files! Help!

Most CD-RW drives have some kind of burning software. I've got Nero Burning ROM software which is idiot-proof enough that even I can use it.The software will figure out if you are using CD-R or CD-RW media and format it accordingly. It will have two windows, one with your local drive and one with the CD-R drive. Copy & paste or click and drag the folders (and/or files) you want to copy to the CD window and when you have it the way you want it, click BURN and the CD will be created with your files.

What I mean is, without going through every folder on my computer to locate a data file, is there an easier way? They are not all in one folder so it would take forever to go through each one and drag and drop onto the CD-RW folder.

Just backup the entire folder rather than pick and choose individual files. If you try to backup My Documents, you're probably going to try to copy more than the CD has capacity for. If that is the case, and you have things scattered around so much that you're not sure what is where, you might want to rethink your filing strategy.PP will automatically backup your PC data files in a place you can specify. Make sure you back up that folder, too!

I did the system restore twice and it changed my other files on my pc BUT not my pampered partner ones. I e-mailed pampered partner support to see what they say. Thanks for all the replies.

Related to How Do I Recover My Lost Orders on My New Laptop?

1. What is "I've Made a Huge Mistake!"?

"I've Made a Huge Mistake!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for everyday meals.

2. Who is the author of "I've Made a Huge Mistake!"?

The author of "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" is Chef John Doe, a renowned chef and recipe developer who has been working with Pampered Chef for over 10 years.

3. Are the recipes in "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" are designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking experience.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" are common and can be found in most grocery stores.

5. Does "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" offer any dietary restriction options?

Yes, "I've Made a Huge Mistake!" includes options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets, making it suitable for a variety of dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann