• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Make Mom's Apple Crisp for Kids?

In summary, to make Mom's Apple Crisp for Kids, you will need 6 apples, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 stick of butter, and 1/2 cup of oats. You can also use different types of fruit such as peaches, berries, or pears, and adjust the amount of sugar and spices accordingly. This recipe can also be made gluten-free by substituting the flour and oats with gluten-free alternatives. To make it healthier, you can use less sugar, add in chopped nuts or seeds, and use whole wheat flour or oats. Additionally, this recipe can be made ahead of time by assembling it and storing it in the fridge or
jcwarr
please help me find the recipe - i can't find the thread and i know it has been discussed!! the threads i find only talk about it but don't give the recipe. also - is this done in the oven or micro? i'm looking for an easy apple crisp idea for a kids' party. thank you!!!

Here you go......

Attachments

• Mom's Apple Crisp.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 322
Its also on Page 99 of All the Best. Its my FAVORITE show recipe this time of year!

jcwarr said:
please help me find the recipe - i can't find the thread and i know it has been discussed!! the threads i find only talk about it but don't give the recipe. also - is this done in the oven or micro? i'm looking for an easy apple crisp idea for a kids' party. thank you!!!
It really can be done in both. If you're already using the oven for a recipe at a show, it's easy to stick this in the microwave. I've only used it by baking it in the oven and that's quite tasty, although the microwave is good too. It just may not get as crispy on top. But if you're serving it with ice cream it really wouldn't matter since that will make it soggy anyway. It's SO good! Matter of fact, the last show I made it at reminded me how awesome it is so I came home from that daytime show and made for dessert for my family!:)

Mine is alwasy crispy in the microwave. That's what amazed me at first. Hmm... Maybe I should try to bake it once just to see...

Related to How Do I Make Mom's Apple Crisp for Kids?

1. How do I make Mom's Apple Crisp for Kids?

To make Mom's Apple Crisp for Kids, you will need 6 apples, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 stick of butter, and 1/2 cup of oats. First, peel and slice the apples and place them in a greased baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the dry mixture. Mix until it becomes crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

Yes, you can use different types of fruit for this recipe. Some great alternatives to apples are peaches, berries, or pears. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices to match the sweetness of the fruit you are using.

3. Can this recipe be made gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe can be made gluten-free by substituting the flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You can also use gluten-free oats if needed. Just make sure to check all of your ingredients to ensure they are labeled as gluten-free.

4. How can I make this recipe healthier for my kids?

To make this recipe healthier, you can use less sugar or substitute it with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. You can also add in some chopped nuts or seeds for added nutrients and texture. Additionally, using whole wheat flour or oats can increase the fiber content of the dish.

5. Can this recipe be made ahead of time?

Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time. You can assemble the apple crisp and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it with foil or plastic wrap. Alternatively, you can freeze the unbaked crisp for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, let it thaw in the fridge overnight before baking as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
time2cook
  • its_me_susan