• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make homemade lemonade for my Mom & Kid party?

In summary, the conversation is about making lemonade for a Mom & Kid party. The person asks for measurements for water, sugar, and lemons, and also asks for advice on using a citrus press or a juicer. Another person suggests using a mandoline to slice the lemons and using a citrus press for the kids. The conversation also includes a recipe from a Quick-Stir Pitcher Use and Care card and a warning about letting the lemonade sit too long. It is recommended to use a juicer or citrus press for safety when making lemonade with children.
lilscrapmama
I've decided one of the stations for my Mom & Kid party will be making lemonade & adding fresh strawberries.

So, I have never made homemade lemonade before.

Can someone post exact measurments for water, sugar, and lemons.

Also, should I use the citrus press (love it!) or borrow my moms juicer (PC, of course) Which would be best for the kid show?

When I make lemonade, I use the Mandoline.

Slice 3-4 lemons (I know that's not exact, but some are juicier than others) with the v-shaped blade, into the QSP. Pour 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar over the slices. Let sit 10 minutes. Fill pitcher with water and plunge to combine.

For kids, I'd use the citrus press and press 3 lemons into water, then add sugar. If you're using frozen sweetened strawberries, reduce the sugar by about 1/4 cup.

That's so scientific. :rolleyes: Sounds like you might need to make a pitcher to test the recipe ahead of time. :)

Here is the recipe from the QSP Use and Care card:

Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade
Ingredients:
6 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
3-4 medium lemons

Directions:

1. Place water and sugar in Quick-Stir® Pitcher. Mix well with plunger until sugar is dissolved. Zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/2 cup juice. Add zest and juice to Pitcher. Mix well with plunger.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint and slice of lemon.

Yield: 7 (1-cup) servings

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

The mandoline and quick stir pitcher work very well for a fresh, fragrant lemonade. If for any reason you let it sit, take out the lemons or it will get funky. It happens after about and hour.

That's from the essential oils leeching into the water from the peels. It can get very nasty if they're in there a long time. :yuck:

Even though the mandoline is much safer than the US&G, I don't think I would use it with children.......I'd juice the lemons with the juicer or the citrus press (or let the kids use both!) to be safe.

Related to How do I make homemade lemonade for my Mom & Kid party?

1. How do I make homemade lemonade using Pampered Chef products?

To make homemade lemonade using Pampered Chef products, you will need the following items:
- Pampered Chef Citrus Press
- Pampered Chef Juicer
- Fresh lemons
- Sugar
- Water
- Ice
First, use the Citrus Press to juice the lemons. Then, use the Juicer to extract any remaining juice from the lemons. In a pitcher, mix together the lemon juice, sugar, and water. Adjust the sugar and water amounts to your desired level of sweetness. Serve over ice and enjoy your refreshing homemade lemonade!

2. Can I use other citrus fruits besides lemons to make lemonade?

Yes, you can definitely use other citrus fruits to make lemonade using Pampered Chef products. The Citrus Press and Juicer can also be used to juice limes, oranges, and grapefruits. You can even mix different citrus fruits together for a unique and delicious twist on traditional lemonade.

3. How can I make homemade lemonade without a juicer?

If you don't have a juicer, you can still make homemade lemonade using Pampered Chef products. Instead of using the Citrus Press and Juicer, you can simply hand-squeeze the lemons to extract the juice. You can also use a fork or potato masher to help extract the juice. Just be sure to strain out any pulp before mixing the juice with the other ingredients.

4. Can I make a large batch of homemade lemonade using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can easily make a large batch of homemade lemonade using Pampered Chef products. The Citrus Press and Juicer are designed to make juicing large quantities of citrus fruits quick and easy. You can also use the Pampered Chef Quick-Stir® Pitcher to mix and serve your homemade lemonade for a crowd.

5. Are there any tips for making the perfect homemade lemonade?

To make the perfect homemade lemonade, be sure to use fresh lemons and juice them right before mixing the lemonade. You can also adjust the amount of sugar and water to suit your taste preferences. For an extra burst of flavor, try adding in some fresh herbs or berries when mixing the lemonade. And don't forget to serve over ice for a refreshing summer drink!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
chefkitty
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila