• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I calculate sales tax for out-of-state shipments using Ppp Zip Code?

In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with calculating sales tax for an out-of-state shipment in PPP. The solution involves manually entering the tax rate by following the prompts on CC and checking the tax behind CC. The tax rate for WV is 6%, with a separate rate of 3% for food, and changes periodically.
Cape_PC
I live in NY and I have someone who wants something shipped to WV for her sister. When I put the zip code in PPP nothing happens, it just keeps telling me $0 for the sales tax. Then I get an error on the finishing screen that the tax is incorrect. When I put in a NY zip code everything auto-populates, but not anything out of state. Can someone tell me how to do this so I can get this woman her total? Thank you.

You can seach for it...
In PPP, click on "look up rate" under the tax info, and follow the prompts on CC, then manually enter the tax rate under the person in PPP.

Is this order on a show? If so, ship to: click on "Direct to contact address" fill in contact info, address, city & zip and should come up with the tax for WV. Hopefully this help:)

I *think* that P3 ony calculates the tax if it within so many miles (of the host's address??).

When I started, that confused me too. Why it would work for some and not others.

As coriatc states, follow the link to look it up on CC and manually enter it in.

When you open P3, it downloads the tax rates for the zip codes within 100 miles of the consultant's address. Can you imagine how long it would take to download for every zip code in the country??

You'll need to enter the city and state; as others have noted, P3 only enters the info for you if it's close to home.

FWIW, General sales tax in WV is 6%, and on food it's 3%. WV is in the process of dropping the sales tax on food, so it changes periodically; best bet it to check it online when you set up a show. In P3, right under the area where sales tax shows is a link "lookup rate" (you need to check the "set manually" button to enter the sales tax rate by hand).

You have to check the tax behind CC and enter it manually.

1. What is a PPP Zip Code?

A PPP Zip Code is a unique five-digit number assigned to a specific geographical area by the U.S. Postal Service. It is used for the efficient delivery of mail and packages to that area.

2. How does a PPP Zip Code affect my taxes?

A PPP Zip Code does not directly affect your taxes. However, if you are a business owner who received a PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) loan, you may need to report it on your tax return.

3. What are the tax implications of receiving a PPP loan?

If you received a PPP loan, the amount you used for eligible expenses (such as payroll, rent, and utilities) may be eligible for forgiveness. This forgiveness is not considered taxable income. However, any amount of the loan that is not eligible for forgiveness will need to be repaid and may be subject to regular income tax.

4. Can I use my PPP loan to pay for taxes?

No, PPP loans cannot be used to pay for taxes. They are intended to provide financial assistance to businesses for eligible expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic.

5. What should I do if I have trouble with my PPP loan or taxes?

If you are experiencing trouble with your PPP loan or taxes, it is recommended to seek advice from a qualified tax professional or contact the lender or government agency that provided the loan. They will be able to provide guidance and assistance with any issues you may be facing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Back