• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I update contact info from PWS to P3 without creating a new contact?

In summary, "Contact Update From Pws to P3" is a process that transfers contact information from the PWS system to the P3 system. It is important for accurate and efficient management of contact information and is the responsibility of both system administrators and users. The process involves exporting and importing contact information, and there may be limitations and compatibility issues to consider.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
When I copy a web order for a show to P3 and it's an existing contact, how can I get the new contact info that they entered on the web to update in P3 without having to create a new contact? For example:

Joan ordered in the past while living on Lakeview Terr. I want to keep all of her order histories under one contact name. She orders with a show but her contact info now has her on Maple Ct. I copy the PWS order and do the hour glass search to link her into her old orders. BUT by doing that P3 pulls her old address. I have to manually update the address. Any way for this to happen automatically?

A techie I am not.

You can sync to the website. What that will do is create 2 separate contacts for Joan. Then, at the end, it will ask if you'd like to clean up the duplicates. If you say yes, choose the option to match the same names. Then you'll have a chance to choose the contact info that will be used when those 2 contacts merge into 1.That isn't as complicated as it sounds. There are detailed instructions along the way.

Thanks, Rae, but I'm very, very afraid to sync P3 and my PWS. I have over 1500 contacts on my PWS. A few years ago I did something with syncing and it gave me a horribly long list of people with dup. contacts. It seemed like it was asking me to verify every person. I guess manually entering changes is the price I pay for not syncing.

What is "Contact Update From Pws to P3"?

"Contact Update From Pws to P3" is a process that allows for the transfer of contact information from the PWS (Personal Web Server) system to the P3 (Personal Property Protection) system.

Why is "Contact Update From Pws to P3" important?

"Contact Update From Pws to P3" is important because it ensures that all contact information for individuals and properties is accurately and efficiently updated in the P3 system, which is essential for effective property protection and management.

Who is responsible for "Contact Update From Pws to P3"?

The responsibility for "Contact Update From Pws to P3" lies with the administrators of the PWS and P3 systems, as well as the individuals and organizations using these systems to manage their contact information.

How does "Contact Update From Pws to P3" work?

The process of "Contact Update From Pws to P3" involves exporting contact information from the PWS system and importing it into the P3 system. This can be done manually or through automated processes, depending on the capabilities of the systems and the preferences of the users.

Are there any limitations to "Contact Update From Pws to P3"?

There may be limitations to the types of contact information that can be transferred from PWS to P3, as well as potential compatibility issues between the two systems. It is important to ensure that both systems are regularly updated and maintained to minimize any potential limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• huskerlissa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • Mark Kilby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kdangel518