• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I set up a system for tracking business expenses in Excel?

This sounds like what I need - Janet, I PM'd yaI'll see what I can do for you Carolyn...I think I have one made up that I did for my DH's business.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am trying to set up a way for DH to keep track of all his business expenses...much like how we can keep track of income/expenses on PP...anyone know how I can set up something like that? Maybe in Excel?

You could set up a simple spreadsheet for him to just enter in a list then add autofilters so you can search by category and summarize.If you know what you want to record, I could make you a sample.

(You could get fancy and add boxes and macros but I usually don't bother to that level for most things).

It would be pretty easy in Excel. In fact, I think a clustermate of mine uses Excel to track her expenses instead of using PP. She has a sheet for each category, and enters a line item for each expense. Columns include date, reason (like a specific show), amount, and notes.

chefann said:
It would be pretty easy in Excel. In fact, I think a clustermate of mine uses Excel to track her expenses instead of using PP. She has a sheet for each category, and enters a line item for each expense. Columns include date, reason (like a specific show), amount, and notes.

I do that with some things, but found having it on one sheet in order by date and making use of filters and subtotals works awesome too.

With a click or two I can bring up subtotals by month, category, cost, etc...

janetupnorth said:
I do that with some things, but found having it on one sheet in order by date and making use of filters and subtotals works awesome too.

With a click or two I can bring up subtotals by month, category, cost, etc...

This sounds like what I need - Janet, I PM'd ya

I'll see what I can do for you Carolyn...

I think I have one made up that I did for my DH's business. I will check when I get home and let you know. You can PM me to remind me if I forget. ;)

1. How do I set up my accounting system with Pampered Chef?

To set up your accounting system with Pampered Chef, you will need to create a login for our Consultant's Corner website. From there, you can access our accounting software and enter all of your business transactions, such as sales, expenses, and inventory. Detailed instructions can be found in our Consultant's Corner user guide.

2. Can I link my Pampered Chef accounting system to other accounting software?

Yes, you can link your Pampered Chef accounting system to other accounting software through our integration with QuickBooks Online. This will allow you to streamline your financial processes and keep all of your business transactions in one place.

3. How do I track my inventory in the Pampered Chef accounting system?

To track your inventory in the Pampered Chef accounting system, you will need to enter all of your product purchases and sales. Our system will automatically update your inventory levels and give you the option to set re-order alerts when inventory levels are low. You can also run inventory reports to track your best-selling products and make informed purchasing decisions.

4. Can I view my financial reports in the Pampered Chef accounting system?

Yes, you can view a variety of financial reports in the Pampered Chef accounting system, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. These reports will give you a clear understanding of your business's financial health and help you make informed decisions for the future.

5. How do I reconcile my bank statements in the Pampered Chef accounting system?

To reconcile your bank statements in the Pampered Chef accounting system, you will need to enter all of your bank transactions, such as deposits and withdrawals. Our system will then match these transactions to your bank statement, allowing you to easily identify any discrepancies. Detailed instructions can be found in our Consultant's Corner user guide.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erittner
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • PamperedK