• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Can I Make My First Open House a Success?

In summary, the conversation revolved around marketing tips for an open house being held at a large nursing home. The event was marketed as a ladies night with various direct sales companies represented, along with food and beverages. Suggestions were given to focus on holiday gifts and recruiting promotions, as well as offering door prizes and raffles. The conversation also included recommendations for using mini holiday catalogs, tri-fold brochures, and mystery host shows to attract customers. Tips were also shared for printing materials at Office Max and saving time by using their folding machine.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
I'm doing my first open house and I'd love some advice. This is being held by a large nursing home, open to the public, and it's marketed as a ladies night to "shop, mingle, and giggle with a little jingle." They are having all kinds of direct sales companies represented, along with some munchies, and wine and cheese.

How could I best market myself there? I'm thinking focus on holiday gifts and the recruiting promo. I may not have any of my supplies in time (it's Thursday) so I might have to beg, borrow, and steal to get anything to have for a display. And she'd like me to have a door prize as well.

I'm open to ALL suggestions!

Thank you!

Any booth thing I"ve done so far, I've handed out the mini holiday catalogs with the label I found on CS that says if they visit your website within 48 hours, they get a gift.....etc I don't know if you have mini catalogs yet. Do a "free cooking show" raffle. I've also started promoting the 12 Days of Christmas thing I'm doing at booths too, but they can't have a free show AND that.

I also printed up the gift set ideas tri-fold brochure from CS and had them copied at Office Max and had those available at my booth too. Oh and if people actually do order, I also do it as a mystery host show if I get enough orders to make it a show. Last one I had BARELY qualified as a show, so it won't be much but someone can at least get a 60% off stone!

Good luck!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Any booth thing I"ve done so far, I've handed out the mini holiday catalogs with the label I found on CS that says if they visit your website within 48 hours, they get a gift.....etc I don't know if you have mini catalogs yet. Do a "free cooking show" raffle. I've also started promoting the 12 Days of Christmas thing I'm doing at booths too, but they can't have a free show AND that.

I also printed up the gift set ideas tri-fold brochure from CS and had them copied at Office Max and had those available at my booth too. Oh and if people actually do order, I also do it as a mystery host show if I get enough orders to make it a show. Last one I had BARELY qualified as a show, so it won't be much but someone can at least get a 60% off stone!

Good luck!!!

Becky, would you please email me those documents? There are so many on CS, I have no idea which ones you're referring to. Thanks!!!

yeah, post them here!

Ok, I'm finally on my computer that has Word, so I can retrieve these files and post them. One is a file of the labels I am putting on stuff I hand out at booths and the other file is the tri-fold gift set ideas that I found on CS. I forget who came up with it, but THANK YOU because it's awesome. Although I do have to say that lately at least at shows, people really don't seem to be using it as a guide for gift shopping. Many only seem to be shopping for themselves anyway.

Oh, I tried to do the tri-fold thing on my own all in one printer and it cut off margins. But I took it to Office Max and they did a great job. They also have a machine that trifolds them and saves SOOOO much time. For $3 extra, they folded all 100 of my copies (I've gotten them done twice) in about 10 seconds.

Good luck!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Ok, I'm finally on my computer that has Word, so I can retrieve these files and post them. One is a file of the labels I am putting on stuff I hand out at booths and the other file is the tri-fold gift set ideas that I found on CS. I forget who came up with it, but THANK YOU because it's awesome. Although I do have to say that lately at least at shows, people really don't seem to be using it as a guide for gift shopping. Many only seem to be shopping for themselves anyway.

Oh, I tried to do the tri-fold thing on my own all in one printer and it cut off margins. But I took it to Office Max and they did a great job. They also have a machine that trifolds them and saves SOOOO much time. For $3 extra, they folded all 100 of my copies (I've gotten them done twice) in about 10 seconds.

Good luck!!!

Will Office Max also do the labels?

I don't have any idea about the labels. For me, those are easy to print up. I just use the 30-to-a-page labels for that.

pamperedbecky said:
I don't have any idea about the labels. For me, those are easy to print up. I just use the 30-to-a-page labels for that.

Yea, they're easy for me too.....when I actually have a printer! LOL! :approve:

Debi said:
Yea, they're easy for me too.....when I actually have a printer! LOL! :approve:
Oh yeah, that would help! I know you're able to send other print jobs to Office Max, but I'm not sure if they'd do labels. Maybe they would??

could you bring the doc on a flash drive or email to your local store and then have them do it there after you buy a box of labels?

DebbieJ said:
could you bring the doc on a flash drive or email to your local store and then have them do it there after you buy a box of labels?

I think I might try that! I hate to use someone's printer for all this stuff and, again, my stuff still isn't here. (Did I mention I have a TV, a card table, two chairs, and an air mattress. Yea, that's it. Since Nov 2 so far. Sucks!)

Debi said:
I think I might try that! I hate to use someone's printer for all this stuff and, again, my stuff still isn't here. (Did I mention I have a TV, a card table, two chairs, and an air mattress. Yea, that's it. Since Nov 2 so far. Sucks!)

When is all of your stuff expected to arrive??? Oh my gosh, that's so hard! I hope there's an end in sight soon.:pray:

pamperedbecky said:
When is all of your stuff expected to arrive??? Oh my gosh, that's so hard! I hope there's an end in sight soon.:pray:

(You ready for this....) By Dec 8th.

Debi said:
(You ready for this....) By Dec 8th.

Oh man, that sucks!:(

Aw Debi!! I can't wait to hang out with you again at Leadership! I hope your Open House is a HUGE success!

Chef Kearns said:
Aw Debi!! I can't wait to hang out with you again at Leadership! I hope your Open House is a HUGE success!

Ditto! And thank you!

1. What should I serve at my open house?

It's always a good idea to offer a variety of appetizers and small bites for your guests to enjoy. Some popular options include cheese and fruit platters, finger sandwiches, and vegetable trays. You can also showcase some of Pampered Chef's products by incorporating them into your menu, such as using the Quick Slice to make fresh fruit skewers or using the Deluxe Air Fryer to make crispy appetizers.

2. How can I set up my space for the open house?

It's important to create a welcoming and inviting space for your guests. Consider setting up different stations throughout the room to showcase different products. You can also use Pampered Chef's colorful tablecloths and stands to add a pop of color to your display. Don't forget to have plenty of product catalogs and order forms available for guests to browse through.

3. How do I promote my open house?

Social media is a great way to spread the word about your open house. Create a Facebook event and invite your friends and family, and ask them to share it with their networks. You can also send out personalized invitations to your contacts and include a special offer or incentive to encourage attendance. Don't forget to use hashtags and tag Pampered Chef's social media accounts to reach a wider audience.

4. What are some fun activities or demos to do at the open house?

One idea is to do a cooking demonstration using your favorite Pampered Chef products, such as the Quick Cooker or the Rockcrok. You can also have guests participate in a game or raffle to win a prize, or have a DIY station where they can make their own seasoning blends or infused oils. Another popular activity is to have guests try out different products and provide feedback on their favorites.

5. How can I make my open house stand out?

One way to make your open house unique is to theme it around a specific product line or cooking technique. For example, you can have a "Grilling Extravaganza" or a "One-Pot Wonder" event. You can also offer exclusive discounts or promotions for open house attendees. Don't forget to create a warm and friendly atmosphere and have plenty of samples and demonstrations to engage your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies