• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make a Fundraiser for a Large Church Super Attractive?

In summary, Cyndi recommends a five-k payout for a church fundraiser, including a donation of commission back to the project, and a multi-faceted, approachable approach. She recommends working with a team, preparing a cooking demo, and being patient with attendees.
CyndiWilliams
Hi Everyone!

I have just joined Chef Success and this is my first post.

You guys are amazing...especially when multiple minds work together. I am hoping you might be interested in helping to come up with something to help my church. ;-)

I attend a relatively large church, and right now they are in the process of raising $7.5 million by Jan 2010 for their new church building.

I have a meeting with the Pastor's wife next week (whom I already have a good relationship with) and really want to present something to her that is very attractive. She will not be the ultimate decision-maker, so I am thinking I should have something put together that she can take and share with the others that will say "yay" or "nay" and it will have to be convincing.

The one thing I don't want to do is come to them with a plan for raising a just few hundred dollars...I just don't feel like that will speak to them. If I can show them how they could raise $5000, I think that would be better received. And if it turned out better, that would be really great too!

Additionally, I expect that there will be a good amount of participation, so I need to try to keep it as simple as possible.

Has anyone had success with a fundraiser for a larger church? And do you have any tips or suggestions for me?

Looking forward to everyone's feedback!

Cyndi

Welcome Cyndi! I have not done a fundraiser yet as I am fairly new also but I wish you all the luck!

Hi, Cyndi!Congratulations on your new business! One way to get significant participation and to make others feel great about your fundraiser, is to donate some or all of your commission to the effort. Then, include that in your advertising with a line like, "please be generous - our consultant Cyndi is donating 95% of her commission back to our building project. Secondly, you need to have a multi-faceted approach. To do this with a 5K payout for the church, you need help - both of PC consultants you know and of the church members to pass catalogs along. Some of the biggest numbers in Kitchen Consultant news are generated by doing "megashows" where you have multiple hostesses responsible for getting 15-20 guests on their own. Other facet ideas...
Catalog show presales - give a core team from the church catalogs to pass to their friends, and leave a stack of catalogs at the church with an order flyer. INDICATE on the order flyer ALL ORDERS DUE BY a final closing cooking demo show you doOnline presales and sales - consider doing this next Spring, and having an online presale during the Fall selling season. If you want to do it sooner, open the online the day you announce it to the church and tell everyone you see to go to your website and order under FIRST NAME St.Mary's LAST NAME Church or whatever you setup.Browsing boutique - get as much product as you can and organize it on themed decorated tables like
red checks - outdoor products & BBQ - Chilzanne
blue/red/yellow - kid friendly products
orange - stoneware, baking products
white - bridal, all cookware, stainless bowls
appropriate colors - upcoming holiday like Thksgvng, Christmas, Valentines, Easter... and show Simple Additions with appropriate linens (PC if you can, even from past years)
... etc. you set this up for the day of your cooking demo either in the church fellowship hall or at a nearby open space. When I did it I used plastic tablecloths from a dollar store in the themed colors; very effective. People walk around and browse with an order form and a catalog. Oh - have nibblets of food at almost every table like veggie platter in the chilzanne / brownie bites in at the baking table / colored M&M's at the seasonal table, etc. You don't need a large quantity of food if you have a little at each table.Cooking Demo - this is really important b/c you will be sharing PC with so many who have never seen it or anything like it before. One ultra-top seller used to make a pineapple upside down cake in a large family skillet and have it all cut and portioned, then helpers would bring it out and serve it after his demo. I did a chocolate turtle skillet fudge cake - once most ladies hear Chocolate Demo they show up.Working with a team
you need a great hostess who will coordinate orders and double-check your entries as you send them in; have at least 1 or 2 other PC reps at the large event to help you collect orders and get people their total and out the door quickly.Real $$ with bingo
One thought to consider is a single event bingo game - check with gaming requirements in your state. People pay to play, something like $5/2 cards or $20 for as many as you want up to 10. Donate items to be used as prizes, or reserve some of the kitty to be smallish prizes ($100 toward your order, $50 toward your order, $35 toward your order) and the rest goes STRAIGHT TO THE ORGANIZATION. This is how you can get to a 50%+ profit on the show [understand: you're not actually generating the 50%+ profit from the show, but at the show - contact me from my website /scottcooks for more info. Truly to get a 5K payout, you and they will need to work pretty hard for it. I had a 3300 show and the group got 800 in proceeds.Good luck, and God Bless You!

Scott,Thank you so much for all your input! This is fabulous!!!So, now I need to strategize a little.I know it can be done...it's just breaking it down into bite-sized pieces.If anyone else has other suggestions to add, please feel free to do so. I will definitely be sure to upload my final info pack here for everyone to use/share/give feedback.Cheers,
Cyndi

Here's another question...If I am doing a kitchen show for the fundraiser, won't that be difficult with 50+ attendees? And what about ingredients, supplies, etc. That will cut into the profits.What has been everyone's experience? Do you have better overall totals for fundraisers with or without kitchen shows?What about bookings? Doesn't the organization get $4 for every show booked from the fundraiser? With that, I could potentially recommend the smaller kitchen shows for those who are interested in demos of the products/recipes.Thoughts? Feedback?:-D
Cyndi

I am crunching my numbers now, and am wondering.... Is my personal commission the same for fundraisers as it is for a regular show? I can't seem to find it documented anywhere.

You are paid 15% for fundraisers.

When you reach $15,000 in career sales, the amount goes to 17%.

Ah Ha!Thank you Lisa.I didn't think it would be the same. Do you know where I can find Fundraisers "spelled out" more clearly? What came in my kit didn't explain them in too much detail.Thanks again,
Cyndi

Hi again everyone!First, I want to encourage anyone who is wanting information on doing a fundraiser... If you dig around, you can find LOADS of ideas and answers here in CS! You guys are absolutely amazing!I am really getting excited about the package that I am putting together for my church.I can't wait to share it with you all! Because, without each and every one of your ideas, I couldn't have come close to what I am going to present.Now, I have a basic question, that I am still not fully understanding. Will you help me clarify this? What "hostess" benefits would the organization get for submitting this show in August 2008? I can see that they get the 60% off products (which, by the way, I am going to use a cookware set for a raffle item to raise extra money), but do they also get free product of their choice too? We will definitely be over $1000 (targeting $5000), so I am trying to figure out how much free product they will get that we can also raffle off or use as prizes.Oh this is SOOOOOOO FUN!Thank you all!Hugs,
Cyndi

CyndiWilliams said:
Hi again everyone!

First, I want to encourage anyone who is wanting information on doing a fundraiser... If you dig around, you can find LOADS of ideas and answers here in CS! You guys are absolutely amazing!

I am really getting excited about the package that I am putting together for my church.I can't wait to share it with you all! Because, without each and every one of your ideas, I couldn't have come close to what I am going to present.

Now, I have a basic question, that I am still not fully understanding. Will you help me clarify this?

What "hostess" benefits would the organization get for submitting this show in August 2008? I can see that they get the 60% off products (which, by the way, I am going to use a cookware set for a raffle item to raise extra money), but do they also get free product of their choice too? We will definitely be over $1000 (targeting $5000), so I am trying to figure out how much free product they will get that we can also raffle off or use as prizes.

Oh this is SOOOOOOO FUN!

Thank you all!

Hugs,
Cyndi

No they will not get free products. With fundraisers you get the donation check in lieu of free products, but they do get the host 60% off item that you can definitely use as a raffle prize. Hope this helps. Also if you pretty much do the math for them, set out a plan for them on a paper, that will make this plan more realistic.
15% of total sales - $5,000 goal = $33,500 in sales
# Participants - Amount Collected - Avg. # orders
50 $670 per person 20/$33.50 per
100 $335 per person 10/$33.50 per

So you see with as few as 50 people we can reach our $5,000 goal, and the possibilites are endless with a vision, a goal in sight and hard work. If we each do our part, we can raise a considerable amount of money for this building fund. And these products will be used by your friends, family and church members for years to come! Pampered Chef products are trusted and a popular household name!

Debbie :D

How To Make Fund-Raisers AwesomeFund-raisers are an awesome way for you to bring customers into your cient base that are unrelated to family and friends. The fund-raiser for the church can be a profitable venture. The secret to a terrific fund-raiser is for you to believe in it and to get someone/the leader of the fund-raiser at the church also t believe in it. The Pampered Chef products are products that people can use every day and are top quality. It is not like most fund-raisers where you are just ordering something for support of the organization. The Pampered Chef catalog has something for everyone as well as gift certificates for those who are not sure and still want to support the cause.

The secret to huge fund-raisers is to get everyone excited and involved. I do a fund-raiser every March for a high school band. The total is usually around $6000 and the return to the band is over $1000 with the bonuses that I add and show booking perks. The band leader is totally committed to the event. I transfer excitement to him and he transfers it to the moms and band members. The goal is to get every band member/church member to come to the live show with catalog orders from their friends, family and neighbors. I offer a prize such a free stone to the person who brings the most paid-for orders to the show. Almost every person that comes to the show brings a couple hundred dollars worth of orders to the show. Basically, you want each member of the church to be conducting their own catalog show from their personal connections and turning that into the church for the fund-raiser.

Fund-raisers are a terrific way to help others and grow your business!

CyndiWilliams said:
Here's another question...

If I am doing a kitchen show for the fundraiser, won't that be difficult with 50+ attendees? And what about ingredients, supplies, etc. That will cut into the profits.

What has been everyone's experience? Do you have better overall totals for fundraisers with or without kitchen shows?

What about bookings? Doesn't the organization get $4 for every show booked from the fundraiser? With that, I could potentially recommend the smaller kitchen shows for those who are interested in demos of the products/recipes.

Thoughts? Feedback?

:-D
Cyndi

The organization gets $3 for each booking, held within 6 months of the fundraiser.

What bothers me on fundraisers is having the $$ for that many catalogs! Does anyone have a flyer they make up for the fundraiser in lieu of giving every participant a catalog?

scottcooks said:
Real $$ with bingo
One thought to consider is a single event bingo game - check with gaming requirements in your state. People pay to play, something like $5/2 cards or $20 for as many as you want up to 10. Donate items to be used as prizes, or reserve some of the kitty to be smallish prizes ($100 toward your order, $50 toward your order, $35 toward your order) and the rest goes STRAIGHT TO THE ORGANIZATION. This is how you can get to a 50%+ profit on the show [understand: you're not actually generating the 50%+ profit from the show, but at the show -

Scott, it looks like there was a little more information that was cut off (I bolded it). Could you please add that. All of the ideas in your post are great information!! Thank you.

I did look at your website and didn't see anything about this on there...

Real $ with bingoREALLY Long post - get your coffee!:rolleyes:

I have had some unique life experiences, and one of them was involving a bingo game.

It is your responsibility to check with your state gaming commission as to the parameters and expectations regarding reporting and taxes. I have found them very lenient for a one-time fundraiser event.

You can get bingo supplies at a Party store, or online at theboosterDOTcom or do an online search.

These games are intended to raise funds for an organization. The game is for adults, and you need a significant number of players to make it truly fun - and most profitable to the group. I would not offer this without less than 20 in attendance. If there were less than 20, I would do a Show & Sell Product Bingo game instead. See next post.

Bingo cards should be marked with pen - you can invest in the bingo Daubers if you choose, but a ballpoint works fine...make some labels with your PC contact info and mark those pens! Another option is marking off the used spots with sticky dots

Bingo Games are conducted by using a B-I-N-G-O cards with a free space in the center, and some type of ball mechanism for calling the winning spaces. But more than just the straight line bingo, you can have additional winners playing in the same game, so you can have the game go longer... saves you on materials, and a little more fun for the players.

Limit the playing of any games to 45-60 minutes. People don't want to spend all afternoon or all evening at this; remember to keep it PC themed.

Bingo - any 5 spaces in a line - 5 spaces covered
Postage Stamp - 3x3 block in any corner of your board - 8 spaces plus free space covered
Little 0 winner - one-in-from the outside - 8 spaces covered
X winner - 2 diagonal crossing lines as an X - 9 spaces covered
+ winner - all of the N column and the 3rd row - 9 spaces covered
# winner - all of the I and G columns, plus the 2nd and 4th rows -16 spaces covered
Big O winner - entire outside ring - 16 spaces covered
Blackout - all 25 spaces covered

You'll want to have some diagrams to show people about the X + # and O ideas so they can truly understand.

Give people 2 cards to play for $5, or all they want for $20 (very hard to play more than 4 cards...limit them to 9 cards max). The $5 or $20 goes right to the fundraising group.

Have two people in charge of rolling the ball carrier/selecting the balls, KEEPING TRACK of balls called, and verifying winning cards.

Calling numbers is done only once - no going back to repeat numbers already called; that is the responsibility of the player.

Every winning card needs to be verified by two staffers, then signed on the back by the 2 staff and the winner.

In case of ties, you HAVE to award the prize to both people.

Bingo with PC product prizes
You or your team / your director donate prizes of significant value. You can add value by adding PC recipes or Season's Best to anything less expensive. Suggestions:
A) An 8" Saute pan - either stainless or exec - you choose.
B) A Deep Covered Baker
C) A Large Round Stone & Woven Selection Round Tray
D) A Collapsible Serving Bowl & Season's Best
E) A Food Chopper & Season's Best
F) Knife w/ Sharpening case & cutting board
G) Any gift set
H) A trifle bowl
etc.

Bingo with Cash-off purchase prizes
Offer $$ from the "pot" to various winners applied to their PC purchases at the show. This keeps your purchases high, and $$ flowing back to the organization.
Suggestions:
A) $60 off their order (maybe do this 1-2 times all evening)
B) $35 off their order (maybe 4-5 times all evening)
C) $20 off their order (maybe 10-12 times)
D) $5 off (maybe 15-20 times)
E) no tax on their order (just do it once - you or the "pot" pays tax)
F) no shipping on their order (maybe 4-5 times - you or the "pot" pays)

Do NOT offer bingo where winners get cash. This is gambling and you need a license, training, and there are big tax implications.

Show & Sell BingoThis is a fun activity for a cluster meeting, a show (perhaps before all the guests arrive) or as an alternative to the above $$ bingo game. Materials:
Home-made bingo cards
pens
Show & Sell Audio or Video from current or recent season
assistant to write order of items shown & verify winnerMake bingo cards that have recent products. remember to leave N3 as a "Free Space".
It doesn't have to be complicated - here is a pattern idea to help you keep track of what you're making. The deal is, the columns need to be different - you could possibly have 2 cards with the identical N column, or O column, or B column - but recognize if you do you have the potential for a double win!Pattern idea for making bingo cards.For B, I, G and O columns, you need about 25 products - in a list.
N column needs 20 products in a list.pretend each list is labeled
a
b
c
d
e
f
etc.Imagine each spot on the card is
B1, I1, N1, G1, O1, then
B2, I2, N2, G2, O2, then
B3, I3, fs, G3, O3, then
B4, I4, N3, G4, O4, and
B5, I5, N4, G6, O5.B1 might be item a from your B list.
B2 might be item d form your B list.
B3 might be item g from your B list
B4 might be item j from your B list.
B5 might be item m from your B list.then resume for your I, N, G, and O lists.Card #2 might go something like
B1 might be item b from your B list
B2 might be item e from your B listetc.Have your guests/team mark each spot as it is announced. (rewards guests who come early/on time!) Offer a free season's best or scraper or twixit to winner. If anyone is desparate and gives me about a week, I will gladly make a set of bingo cards for you for $$. Contact me privately and we'll work it out.Here's a sample card:.....B...............I...............N...............G...............O.....
avacado.....master........grill it quick...collapsible....dots 16pc
peeler........scraper.......recipe coln....servng bwl..dinnerware
....................................................................................
clr ctd.......oven...........grt grllng.......nylon.........windowpane
paring knf...pad............ssng &rcpe....knife..........placemat set
....................................................................................
grapefrt.....10" saute.....- FREE -........bar brd......dots 10oz
knife..........pan exec.....-SPACE-........& knfe.......cups
clr ctd.......sqr slttd.......BBQ grill.......microfbr......wndowpane
bread knf...spoon..........basket.........twl & dshcl..placemat set
.....................................................................................
towel &......stainless.....outdoor.........outdoor......dots salad
twixit set....cleaner......plate caddy....party sticks.plates...then play the CD and sit back and do your prep work to start you show/cluster meeting

Last edited:
Fund-raisers are an awesome way to bring customers into your business that are totally unrelated to your existing client base. Fund-raiser shows are essential to the ongoing success of every business. The fact that the commission is less is irrelevant. Just be excited, explain the program in simple terms to the organizer and get them excited. You could say something like: "When you host a catalog show you will receive 15% back on your sales plus extra credit for any shows scheduled. At a $5000 fund-raiser you can expect to make about $750 plus extra for all the shows we schedule." Keep it simple and get them excited. Don't give the small print... (under $600) just make sure it is a good show! FYI: If you are serious about doing bingo for a fund-raiser or a party game show, I recently posted a bingo form on my website along with a bingo game to play at shows.

1. How can I make a fundraiser for a large church more attractive?

There are a few key ways to make your fundraiser more attractive to potential donors. First, make sure you have a clear and compelling mission or cause that people can get behind. Next, offer a variety of products or services for sale, so that there is something for everyone. Additionally, consider incorporating fun and engaging activities or events into your fundraiser to make it a memorable experience for attendees.

2. What types of products or services should I offer for a church fundraiser?

Consider offering a range of products that are both practical and desirable. For example, kitchen gadgets and cookware from Pampered Chef are always popular options for fundraisers. You can also offer services such as car washes, bake sales, or even a silent auction. Don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box!

3. How can I get more people to attend our church fundraiser?

To attract more attendees to your fundraiser, utilize social media and other forms of marketing to spread the word. Encourage members of the church to invite their friends and family as well. Additionally, consider offering early bird discounts or special promotions to incentivize people to attend.

4. How can I involve the whole community in our church fundraiser?

To involve the entire community in your fundraiser, consider partnering with local businesses or organizations. They can help promote the event and even donate products or services to be sold. You can also reach out to community leaders or influencers to help spread the word and attract more attendees.

5. How can I ensure a successful fundraiser for our large church?

To ensure a successful fundraiser, it's important to have a well-organized plan in place. Set clear goals and targets for fundraising, and make sure everyone involved is aware of them. Utilize a variety of marketing tactics to promote the event, and don't forget to express gratitude to all donors and volunteers for their contributions. Lastly, have fun and make it a memorable experience for everyone involved!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarah
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies