• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Help my Friend Promote Her Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, Becky sent herself a booking email and then forwarded it to her contacts. However, she put a note about sharing the email. When she sent the email, she deleted all her information and replaced it with the information from her PWS.
amy07
Remember my "patience tester" with the DCB story:grumpy:. Well, I know that she is now trying to get something going. She copied me on an email that she sent to her contacts:

I SO EXCITED !!!!! THAT WHY I WRITING YOU!!! I WANT TO SHOW YOU ALL OUR GREAT PRODUCT'S WITH PAMPERED CHEF. HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ,BY COOK AT HOME FOR LESS.
SO CALL ME TODAY SO WE CAN GET TOGHTER. I'LL SHOW HOW. HURRY I'M BOOK'S ARE FILLING UP QUICK!!!

Bless her heart! I know that she has good intentions and I am trying desperately to help her (there's that relater part again) but I don't know how to approach this without it coming across as condescending.

I thought about having her send me her emails prior to her sending them out, kind of like proofing. But in reality, do I really want to do that? I don't think she has a website yet ($$$ issue) so I can't even suggest that she send our preformated emails. Help me please!!!!:pray::pray:

Ooooh boy, that's a tough one. And it's that type of thing that just drives me crazy, so I know you just want to try to help. Maybe just say "hey, since you're just starting out, I just want to make myself available if you ever want any ideas/help/suggestions about sending out emails or letters. I know others have liked having some input like that to either use it or not and I just wanted to throw that out there." Or something like that. It's hard to come right out and say "well, you know, I noticed some issues in your email....."

Yikes. Any other suggestions??

That's tough. She IS trying. Maybe you could tell her that the idea is great. And then tell her that you noticed a few typos. Tell her that we all get excited and forget to proof our emails. I'd also mention that, while she probably thinks shows excitement, is actually looked at as yelling.

Maybe you could suggest that you send her a couple of examples of what she could do to make such messages make everyone just have to call her.

thanks Becky & Beth!
What do you think about this? I sent myself the booking email from my PWS. I then forwarded it to her. But first I deleted ALL of my information and put in hers as I am sure she will just hit forward.

I put a note, "Hey, I thought you might like to see some of the email choices we have available thru our PWS. Let me know if and when you are ready to set up your own site. I'll be happy to walk you thru the process."

amy07 said:
thanks Becky & Beth!
What do you think about this? I sent myself the booking email from my PWS. I then forwarded it to her. But first I deleted ALL of my information and put in hers as I am sure she will just hit forward.

I put a note, "Hey, I thought you might like to see some of the email choices we have available thru our PWS. Let me know if and when you are ready to set up your own site. I'll be happy to walk you thru the process."

That is exactly what she did. But unfortunately, I put a note about sharing this email instead. She didn't delete that either:cry::cry:

amy07 said:
That is exactly what she did. But unfortunately, I put a note about sharing this email instead. She didn't delete that either:cry::cry:

LOL!! Oh no~~ You must hold her hand for awhile but then you don't want to start that trend either! Ugh, your damned if you do and damned if you don't!:rolleyes:

Related to How Can I Help my Friend Promote Her Pampered Chef Business?

What is "Help Me to Help Her....."?

"Help Me to Help Her....." is a fundraising program created by Pampered Chef to support women and families in need. It allows individuals to host a cooking show or purchase products with a portion of the sales going towards a designated charity or organization supporting women.

How does "Help Me to Help Her....." work?

To participate in "Help Me to Help Her.....", you can either host a Pampered Chef cooking show and choose a charity or organization to support, or you can make a purchase from a Pampered Chef consultant who is participating in the program. A portion of the sales from the show or purchase will go towards the designated charity or organization.

Which charities or organizations can I support through "Help Me to Help Her....."?

Pampered Chef has selected four national charities to support through this program: Feeding America, A21, Girls Inc., and Ronald McDonald House Charities. However, if you have a specific local charity or organization in mind, you can also select them as your beneficiary as long as they meet Pampered Chef's guidelines for participation.

Can I still earn host rewards if I participate in "Help Me to Help Her....."?

Yes, as a host, you can still earn all the regular host benefits from hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show, such as free and discounted products and exclusive host specials. In addition, you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that a portion of your show sales will go towards helping women in need.

Can I participate in "Help Me to Help Her....." as a consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can choose to participate in "Help Me to Help Her....." by offering your customers the option to support a charity or organization through their purchases. You can also choose to donate a portion of your commission to a designated charity or organization. Please note that participation in this program is voluntary for consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies