• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I handle low RSVPs for my party?

In summary, the conversation discusses a situation where the host is having difficulty getting guests to attend her Pampered Chef party. The person seeking advice is wondering if they should still go through with the party or make it a catalog show instead. Suggestions are given to contact the host and try to get more guests to attend, but ultimately it is up to the host to put effort into inviting people. The importance of setting clear RSVP expectations and not wasting time and money is also emphasized. Tips are shared from previous experiences with similar situations.
lisacb77
You all always have such great input, I'd like to know what you would do!

I've had some challenges with my host this Sunday. It took me a few calls to get my first host coaching. The second was fine but she pretty much had no response to her invites. She only sent 12 evites and never did tell me exactly how many postcards.

I tried to call her tonight at the time we agreed, she wasn't home. She left me a msg a few hrs later (we had company so I turned the ringer off). She said she has NO confirmations. And that "she was sure it wasn't what I wanted to hear, it wasn't what she wanted either but a fact of life."

(Now, the company we had over tonight is an aquantaince. According to her, there are 1-2 ppl that are supposed to be going that she heard).

Also, the show is about 45-60 minutes one way, and I am buying ingredients, an incentive I was running when she booked.

I need to call her back tomorrow. What do you suggest I say? Of course, I can tell her to call everyone one last time, and remind them about the Pampered Poker game and that might generate some RSVPs.

I guess I am taking a chance that there might be three people there. I hope it makes a show. She only has one outside order for $15. I'm just concerned I'll spend all that time and money and it won't even make. I do have a $40 order on my "open" catty show I could move over there though to help.

It has crossed my mind that if she's concerned about turnout she could make it a catty show, but I don't want her to feel that I think she's not "worth it" or something. I've coached her all I could. I can't help if she didn't take the advice.

Thanks in advance,

I would be honest with her and say that you are driving pretty far to do her show and want to make sure that it is going to be worth it for both of you. Perhaps she would like to reschedule, or maybe have a friend co host with her on another date. I personally would not drive that far for a show that is expecting 3 people. I have done it, and the host got a bunch of outside orders, but if I had known in advance I would not have gone.

I would see what she says tomorrow and maybe if she still doesn't have anyone coming, just tell her you need to make it a catalog show. I would be honest with her and tell her, hey, I'm driving an hour and if no one is going to be there, I'm just not gonna do it. It would be a waste of your time and hers. Especially if you are paying for the ingredients and the gas too. Or ask her to reschedule for a date that might work out better for her friends. If she's not interested, she's not interested and there's nothing you can do. If it were me, I would go ONLY if I could get a real number out of her (greater than 5) and I could really tell she was trying and just not having a lot of luck but I definitely would NOT go if I could tell she wasn't putting any effort into it at all. If you can't get her excited about her own party, how can you be excited about driving up there an hour away and spending all that money on ingredients when no one will be there to eat it!? That could put a real damper on your presentation. I have a catalog show host that wanted to sign up under me at one point but because they are being really slow about turning in the show and not calling me back and not answering emails, I pretty much wrote them off. That might sound harsh, but I have a life outside PC and I can't spend it chasing after flaky people!! Know what I mean?

~Kristen

Last edited:
My host on Tues called me to say the same thing on Sun. I told her to call EVERYONE she knew on Mon and invite them again. I told her to say, "I'm calling to invite you to my PC show on Tues @ 6:30. Will you be able to make it?" I also told her to make certain to phrase the question so that they HAD to say YES or NO! That way that can't waver on you. I called her back late Mon and she went from NO yes's to 5 yes's and 2 maybe's.

Sometimes you just have to take that chance. My host Tues was about an hour & a half away. Her show right now is @$350. I received 2 bookings and 1 recruit lead. I once drove for 2 hours to do a show where 4 people showed and I left with $130 in sales including 3 outside orders. :( That host told me that there would be 10 people there.

Thanks all. I will call her back after my show this morning and find out how recently she's talked to everyone. If it's been a few days, I'll try the "one last call" approach. If it was yesterday, I think then maybe I'll ask her if she thinks another time is better and that I don't want to waste her time cleaning the house! I will also let her know not to feel bad for me as it's a 45 minute drive and it would not be worth it for me either if no one shows. Then maybe I can see if she wants to go catty and have another week maybe to finish it out.

I think you all are right, it would be one thing to take the chance if she had a lot of outside orders. My friend had a show (this is where I decided to join!) that was only 3 ppl, but she had a TON of outside orders. In that case, it would be worth it to do the demo for the small group. But a $15 outside order doesn't cut it I think. The good news is that she picked direct shipping!

What about the Ugly Scraper/Pot holder contest? I do this where I call the host and apologize and tell her that I forgot to mention it sooner, but I just heard about this awesome, new contest called the "Ugly Scraper/Pot holder contest". I say that I don't want anyone to miss out, so please call everyone and let them know we're doing it. Then we'll all vote on the ugliest and whoever has it will win a prize.

Hey, even if there's only a couple guests....someone might book a show! I think no matter what the sales are, if you get at least one booking then it's worth it:) I understand with the drive & all though. Iwould just leave it up to the host myself; if she wants to change to a catalog show.

Okay, well I just called her back. NO ANSWER. I left her a msg and said I got hers, sorry to hear she has no RSVPs. Left the idea to maybe call everyone one last time and if she still has none, maybe it's not a good date for people and maybe we can reschedule or do a catty show...I said "whatever you think is best for you, I'd hate to make you clean your house and no one comes over."

I just think maybe she just can't pull it together and is feeling bad about telling me so. I hope that leaving her those ideas and options will help her feel it's okay to tell me it's not going to happen if that's the case.

I'll keep y'all posted. I hope she calls back! If I don't hear by dinner time I'm calling again.

You did the right thing!

There have been shows where the sales were pretty low, but I got a recruit out of it and/or bookings, so it may be worth doing. It's really up to you though, thats the great thing about this business you make it your own.

Hey all, wanted to let you know how it turned out. Apparently about an hour before this afternoon's no answer, she left a VM on my cell (had ringer turned off for my show today) saying that it was her and one other person and she thought I should not waste my time.

So I did get to talk to her today. She was very sweet and said she really tried, but got no response from people. She was very relieved to hear about the catalog show option, and even more so when I told her the host she booked from was more interested in November's options for specials, and would place a $30 order for sure. So I agreed to email her the new fliers and we set a Nov. 1 close date.

So it worked out after all for everyone. And now I can spend tomorrow working on my day job and trying to get CCC in from my Sept. shows.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!!

That is great Lisa. Sounds like it has worked out well for both of you.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Related to How can I handle low RSVPs for my party?

1. How do I handle no or low RSVPs for my Pampered Chef party?

The first step is to follow up with those who have not RSVP'd. Send a polite reminder email or make a phone call to ask for their response. You can also try reaching out to them through social media or in person. Sometimes people simply forget to RSVP, so a friendly reminder can help increase your response rate.

2. What should I do if I have a low number of RSVPs?

If you have a low number of RSVPs, don't panic! Reach out to those who have not responded and try to get a final headcount. You can also consider extending the RSVP deadline or opening up the invitation to more people. Remember, even a small group can still be a fun and successful party.

3. Should I still have a party if I have no RSVPs?

Yes, you should still have a party even if you have no RSVPs. Some people may show up without RSVPing, and you never know who may be interested in attending at the last minute. Plus, it's a great opportunity to showcase Pampered Chef products to potential future hosts or customers.

4. How can I encourage more people to RSVP?

One way to encourage more people to RSVP is to offer a special incentive or gift for those who respond by a certain deadline. You can also create a sense of urgency by mentioning that space is limited or that you will be preparing a certain amount of food or supplies for a specific number of guests. Additionally, make sure to follow up with reminders and be available to answer any questions or concerns potential guests may have.

5. What should I do if someone cancels after RSVPing?

If someone cancels after RSVPing, there's no need to worry. Simply adjust your preparations accordingly and potentially reach out to others on your guest list who may be interested in attending. If you have any perishable items or have already purchased supplies, you can also offer the option for the guest to pay for their portion. Remember to handle the situation graciously and thank them for their initial interest in attending.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carmom420
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • Kimmie2010