• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Effectively Promote a Large Fundraiser Without a Formal Presentation?

In summary, the host is planning a mega fundraiser in May for a past host's 3 day breast cancer walk. She expects over 100 people to attend and is organizing an open house style party with food and displays. She wants to make sure attendees know about the fundraiser and is planning to include flyers and mini catalogs in the invitations. The host will also be doing a raffle for other products and is enlisting the help of a clustermate to take orders and split bookings. She is seeking suggestions and ideas from others who have organized similar sized fundraisers.
LBurke
Hi all! I have a potentially HUGE fundraiser coming up in May... it is for a past host to raise funds for her 3 day breast cancer walk. She's thinking there's a potential for over 100 people to be there. We're doing an open house style party with just a display and some recipes/food out... no demo or speech.

I want to make sure people know they're there to buy (my mom's a survivor so I'm donating my commission, so I want to make sure people know 25-30% of their order is going to the cause!)... as well as about booking and recruiting... I'm thinking a flyer would work best in each catalog (as well as a chat at check out.) I also thought that a small flyer and mini catalog in each invite would be a good idea. The host is doing a raffle for other products, so I'm going to suggest she give tickets for things like booking a show and orders over X amount. I'm also going to take a clustermate with me to help take orders and split the bookings with her.

Has anyone done something this size? I've never done something without even a short talk, but with people coming and going I just don't think that will work. Any ideas or suggestions from those who've done something like this would be great! Thanks... sorry so long

I really want to walk in one of the 3 day walks and was considering doing a fundraiser in May to raise money so I will be anxious to hear any ideas also!

JoLynn

Fundraiser Mega SuccessFundraisers are awesome. My best show was a 3300 event where I donated my commission. Some suggestions:

1 - get beyond the dollars. Fundraisers are more about growing your business through leads and expanding your customer base / future hosts and potential recruits, than they are about sales. I see them as a customer service opportunity, and a chance to give back to a community. This seems to be supported in the HO offerings of a smaller commission to us, and no host benefits other than monthly special.

2 - get firm concrete guests who the hosts knows will actually show up for a PC event. The "drop by and see" attitude is not a buying crowd. Looky-loos are not going to help the cause, or the team's bottom line. Instead, offer a live demo at a set time - which they can attend, or not. Also, get help to collect orders (you can't take 100 orders or even 45 orders in a short time).

3 - I really reccommend a tiered approach, more of a mega-show theme:
a) have every team member come together for a training session. I'd do a short power cooking demo where each gets to use some of the tools, and each team member goes home with a dinner in a bag, and a stack of catalogs to disseminate. Open a preliminary online show (aiming for $2-300) where you donate all commission and use host benefits as raffle items at your main event. Contact HO about purchasing multiple small batter bowls (like 25 or 30) at your discounted consultant price.
b) once team members are excited about the products, have them join back again one evening or Saturday as a Work Party to make batter bowl mixes to sell and to raffle. Go on CCorner, celebration recipes, bottom ones. Friendship brownies rock; Cowboy Chili is good, Hearty Minestrone soup is good. You could go to a local grocer and ask if they would donate primary ingredients (sugar, flour, choc. chips / boullion, dry tortellini, minced onions, dried parsley - etc) to reduce costs. As they go to sell / raffle these in the community (had a go-getter raffle 1 for $150 at a Rotary meeting!), save 1-3 to be raffled at the main event itself.
c) main event A: displays with food nibbles around. Get a large enough area that you can setup multiple card tables. Each table has a color and cooking/entertaining theme. Go to party supply place /dollar store and get solid color plastic tablecloths for each one. I had 6 tables which were
-primary colors red/blue/yellow kids cooking - APCSlicer, AWedger, KCSet, KCBook, CGplus, GPress & CCutters w/ playdough - no food
-pastel pink/green Easter/Mother's Day - Simple additions - brownie bites
-white Bridal - FCutlery, cookware, TTAbout, CTools, UMandoline, SSBowls - recruiting pamphlets
-teal, light blue - Outdoor Cooking - rubs, Chilzanne - veggie tray in CRServer
-orange - Baking - stoneware, whisks, Bbowls. 1 made-up Bbowl as a "one of today's buying guests will win this in a raffle".
-pink - HWC items
d) main event B: cooking demo at a set time - I ran the open house dropby from 10-1, with chocolate demo at 11:30. I did turtle skillet fudge cake and minute cakes in Simple Additions. (sold LOTS of simple additions and food prep bowl sets).
e) main event C: collecting orders - 2 other cluster members came and helped. This allows any browser folks to still mill about while you are doing the cooking demo, and allows anyone that needs to leave early, to 'checkout' while you are doing something else.
4 - close live with the primary host 2-3 days after, having her help you input orders, be sure they are each correct, be sure any guest specials are included.
5 - you show up at hosts home to help sort orders when show arrives.

PM me for other suggestions, or if I was vague. Good luck!

Scott, Thanks! What great suggestions! I think I will talk to the host about doing an open house type format, but a quick easy demo or two throughout the night... that way I'll get to talk about bookings and people will get to see some of the products work. I also like the idea of helping her sort out orders when they come in... I'd been thinking about doing that.

Hi there! First of all, I want to say that it's amazing that you're using your business to support such a great cause. I can definitely understand the challenge of having a large event without a demo or speech, but I think your idea of having flyers and mini catalogs at each invite is a great way to inform people about the fundraiser and the opportunity to support breast cancer research with their purchases. You could also consider having a designated area at the event for people to learn more about booking and recruiting, with some information and visuals to catch their attention. Additionally, you could use social media to promote the event and reach a wider audience. I haven't personally done an event of this size, but I have seen great success with open house style parties and I'm sure with your dedication and planning, it will be a huge success. Best of luck to you and your team!

Related to How Can I Effectively Promote a Large Fundraiser Without a Formal Presentation?

1. How can we make our fundraiser stand out?

To make your fundraiser stand out, consider incorporating a theme or unique selling point. You could also offer a variety of products or package deals to appeal to a wider audience. Additionally, promoting your fundraiser through various social media platforms and reaching out to your community for support can help make it more successful.

2. What products are best for a large fundraiser?

For a large fundraiser, it's important to offer a variety of products to appeal to different tastes and preferences. Some popular products for fundraisers include kitchen gadgets, cookware, and food items. Our Pampered Chef team can work with you to create a customized product selection that fits your target audience and fundraising goals.

3. How can we maximize profits for our fundraiser?

There are a few strategies to help maximize profits for your fundraiser. Firstly, set a realistic fundraising goal and track your progress to ensure you're on track. You can also offer incentives for top sellers or have a prize for the highest amount raised. Additionally, promoting your fundraiser through various channels and reaching out to potential supporters can help increase sales and profits.

4. Can we personalize the products for our fundraiser?

Yes, we offer personalization options for our products at an additional cost. This can include adding a logo or custom message to items such as cutting boards or kitchen towels. Personalization can help make your fundraiser more unique and memorable for your supporters.

5. How can we make the ordering process easy for our supporters?

Our team at Pampered Chef can assist with setting up an online ordering system specifically for your fundraiser. This allows supporters to easily place orders and make payments online, making the process convenient and hassle-free. We can also provide order forms and catalogs for those who prefer to order in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies