• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can careful planning and a simple system increase your show average?

In summary, this system will help you to make better choices when it comes to what to take to your shows. When you consider the criteria listed, it will be easy to choose what to bring. Remember to be careful with your prices as they should reflect the amount of time you are spending on the product. And finally, be sure to create a desire for future shows by talking about the products and collections in the beginning, end and in the middle of every show.Thanks for the summary Deb! I'll definitely be taking this with me to my next show.
Deb Bixler
Gold Member
This is a system that will assist you to decide what to take to your shows. A system works for everyone! When we change seasons thought should be put into which products you want to show. Careful planning will increase your show average and also create more desire for future shows. How do you decide what to take? Here is a simple system to make better choices on what to show. Consider this list of criteria:

* Price: Always show and tell higher priced items. Remember that the amount of time you spend on a product should be in direct relationship to the price. This relates to the over all pricing structure as well as the pricing as it relates to all within a group. I would recommend showing the Santuko Knife or Chef's knife over the Utility knife or the Paring Knife.

* Weight, durability and size: Is it easy to transport with little or no risk of breaking?

* Ease of Sale or Customer appeal
Is it easy to sell? If so bring it. If it is something that will appeal to only a small number of people then leave it home. I call these niche items. If someone wants a niche item, then they will buy it. Let’s say a Pampered Chef cookie press… only someone who makes cookies will want one. A piece of cookware though is something that everyone needs.

* Do you need it for the presentation: Pick your tools before you pick your recipes! Change recipes if necessary in order to sell the tools that will increase your show average.

* Uniqueness: I would call this a novelty item. It is something that nobody will buy because they can not imagine it, yet when they see it they will because it is so unique. Frequently these are items that are new trends and after a few months they become main steam and the item will sell to those who want it because they are familiar with it, but at first no one ever saw one before.

* Collections or groupings should always get first billing as these sell each other. Once someone has a couple of stones they want more, so you are creating a desire for more in the future. When you create desire for collections you will sell them and you will also schedule more shows. Talk about the stoneware, cookware and Simple Addi+tions at the beginning, end and in the middle of every show.

* Seasonal Items or ability to establish urgency (this may even include monthly specials) And don’t forget that your opinion counts too. Never take or show a product that you do not like as your opinion will show.

Think about your price spreads. The amount of time you spend on a product is in direct relationship to its cost or value. A little thought into your presentation goes a long way. When you have a pre-thought presentation it is easy to develop a system to create a higher show average. Take the time to plan your presentations so that you can take other steps later to increase your cash flow.

Good information Deb. Thanks! I'll share with my director and cluster.

Thanks for a great article!! Can you share what you are taking with you right now to your shows? What are you offering as recipes? You have really great ideas and I'd love if you shared more! Thanks again.:)

Thanks Deb! Can't wait to meet you tonight, I will be at your training session....and I will take lots of good notes! ;)

Thanks for a great thread!

All I can say is WOW.......go see and hear Deb if you canI was at the meeting last night with Jen Knapp and other people and I could have listened for a couple more hours.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and helping us see a different way of looking at things.

When are you coming back again?? I'll sign up for sure!!

Lisa

Thanks for that insight... boy, I'm glad we didn't scare her away!

Please be patient with Deb....After the meeting last night, before I left, I said I'd remind people, she's on the road traveling and still managing to do her shows each month.

Right now she's on the road for her other job, so give her a chance to respond. Don't get frustrated that she doesn't respond right away, she'll check back in when she can and answer questions as she can.

Lisa

I second the great things that Lisa has mentioned! It was such an inspiring training!! Deb has already posted some very valuable information on this site, but I will try and gather my notes and post some!I personally thanked her, and apologized for the scrutiny that she did face on the site.PS: Thanks again Deb! It was great to meet you :)

What are some tips for increasing my show average?

1. Encourage guests to add items to their order by highlighting the benefits and versatility of the products.

2. Offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items.

3. Showcase the top-selling and new products to pique guests' interest.

4. Host raffles or giveaways to incentivize guests to make larger purchases.

5. Share personal anecdotes or testimonials about how the products have improved your own cooking experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Malinda Klein