• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Can a Scavenger Hunt Enhance Team Networking and Collaboration?

In summary, the conversation is about finding ways for a team to branch out from huddling together and network with other people at a conference. There is mention of HO doing something similar, but the group is looking for something different. Suggestions include a scavenger hunt type activity where team members must find and talk to different types of consultants at the conference. Examples of questions to ask are also provided. The conversation ends with one member offering to share previous materials that could be used for this activity.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Anyone have one made up? I am looking for a way to keep my4 team members from huddling together all week - I'd like to see them branch out and meet other people, network, learn from others...they already know everything they can learn from one another so I am looking for ways to get them to walk up to new people and say "Hey! What's your best recruiting tip??" etc...
Anyone have anything in their files?

Isn't HO doing a version of this for consultant's to do on Day One or did I dream that? ;)I think it's different though... but yes, HO is doing something like that. It's under Special Events for NC.

finley1991 said:
Isn't HO doing a version of this for consultant's to do on Day One or did I dream that? ;)

I think it's different though... but yes, HO is doing something like that. It's under Special Events for NC.

Yeah they are but I'm looking for something different just in case that's now what theirs is about.
Although now that I think about it - what else would they make it about?

dannyzmom said:
what else would they make it about?

I'm not sure... it seems a bit odd. I like the concept but the description reads "Find your way around McCormick Place and win valuable prizes"

Not sure how finding our way around MP will help with biz... I think it's more of a marketing thing to be sure people hit Merrill, the surprise packages (if they have them), etc.

I think what you are looking for is MUCH better for networking with other consultants!

Ooh! That sounds like fun!

Maybe have a print out (with sections to fill in) with a list of items for them to find. Instruct them to find someone matching the description for each section and then ask the person that they just met who qualifies for that question to write their answer on your team member's paper. That way, there's no way that your team member can transcribe the thought incorrectly. They will always be able to go back later & reference that sheet of paper for motivation. It would also be a GREAT thing to read the responses that each member received out loud at your next cluster meeting!

Here's a few ideas of questions that they can be out there asking at conference:
  • Find an Executive Director, Senior Executive Director or National Executive Director and have them write down their motto.
  • Find someone who's been in the business 15 years or more and have them write a statement (3 sentences or less is probably best) of what motivated them to stay in the business
  • Find someone who's been in business less than 2 years but earned Disney and ask them if they could only give you ONE tip for success, what would it be?
  • Find a newly promoted Director and ask her if she could only give you one tip for recruiting, what would it be?
  • Find someone wearing a lime green "I'm amazing" t-shirt and ask them to write down their BHAG and why that's important to them. (I did the t-shirts for this group, so I know they will be there! :D)

It's almost midnight here in Japan & I need to head to bed. That's all that I can think of right off hand, but I'm sure I can probably come up with more ideas tomorrow after I've slept if you like the idea.

here are two I had on file. Not sure where the one is that I created for my consultant two years ago. Didn't read through them but for sure the 2004 one would need to be tweeked just because of career plan changes and the like. The other one I made for Spring Launch but never handed out because we weren't sure there was enough time or that we would all have name badges that would identify levels. Hope this helps. You won't have to start from scratch at least.

Attachments

• Layman Cluster 2004 Scavenger Hunt.doc
    23 KB · Views: 240
  • regional meeting scavenger hunt.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 252
Love all of those too Tiffany! :D

Related to How Can a Scavenger Hunt Enhance Team Networking and Collaboration?

1. What is the NC Scavenger Hunt?

The NC Scavenger Hunt is an interactive game where participants solve clues and complete challenges to find hidden items or locations around North Carolina.

2. How do I participate in the NC Scavenger Hunt?

To participate in the NC Scavenger Hunt, you can either form a team or join a team. You will then receive a list of clues and challenges to complete within a specific time frame.

3. What types of challenges can I expect in the NC Scavenger Hunt?

The challenges in the NC Scavenger Hunt can vary from physical tasks to mental puzzles. Some examples include taking a photo with a specific landmark, solving riddles, or completing a specific task at a designated location.

4. Is the NC Scavenger Hunt suitable for all ages?

Yes, the NC Scavenger Hunt can be enjoyed by people of all ages. However, younger participants may need adult supervision for certain challenges.

5. Are there prizes for completing the NC Scavenger Hunt?

Yes, there are prizes for the winning team of the NC Scavenger Hunt. The prizes may vary depending on the organizer, but they can include cash, gift cards, or other rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez