• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosted Mother's Group Show: Tips for Boosting Sales and Saving Your Event

In summary, the hostess hosted a show for a mother's group and only 1 person placed an order. She was bummed because the group had asked her to host and no orders had been placed. She thinks as long as she informs the guests of the atmosphere of the show, it should go fine.
bypamperedchef
I hosted a show for a mother's group that I belong to. The event was titled "A Pampered Playdate" and I brought my ENTIRE kit, cooked double batches of two recipes (Mini Pesto Pizzas were a HUGE hit with the kids), had moms demo items, talked up the specials, everything I could think to do.

There were 6 moms there - only 1 placed an order. Another said she'd get to it on the website, and a friend of mine placed a small outside order.

This is the SECOND time I've hosted for this person and not even had enough to submit it as a show. I have called and emailed all the guests to remind them that the show is closing soon, and to make sure they get their orders in so that the hostess can choose her rewards before her baby comes (she's due in 2 weeks!).

Nothing...its SOOOOO frustrating. Since it was a playgroup I went out on a limb and purchased the ingredients ($60 worth) and even gave away a door prize.

This was on the heels of a small (3 guests) but good ($400 sales) show, so I was really pumped up for it.

How can I save this show, or should I just cut my losses and tell the hostess she didn't earn anything...AGAIN.

I'm so sorry. That really stinks. What is the hostess saying? Is she disappointed? Is she still collecting orders?

Talk to the hostess. If she isn't collecting orders to try and at least get the show to qualify, then she shouldn't get any rewards....and, you are out the $60 for food!

I belong to several moms groups and have had the same experiences with them. I no longer volunteer to have a "playdate" because they think it is just that... not a show... and they are under no expectation to buy something. If I do things for the group I make it a moms only event and bill it as a show.. not a playdate.

My hostess was definitely bummed seeing as the group asked her to host - I was hoping she'd get something!She said she emailed a couple of personal contacts, which I also re-emailed and as of today (4 days later) we've got nada.I guess I won't be doing this kind of show anymore :(.

I have had a similar experience with a birthday party. I would never do it again unless the host knew very specifically what was expected from her. Also, if I ever did try it again, I would not buy one thing for it. I can certainly feel your pain and disappointment. Chalk it up to experience and get some bookings that will make you smile again!!!

I don't do kids shows any more for this very reason--I wind up being the babysitter, if parents come at all they think I am the "entertainment" for the kids. So sorry this happened to you.

Bummer, I was thinking of pitching this idea to my stroller strides group!! Maybe Ill rethink it!!

PCwithStay-C said:
Bummer, I was thinking of pitching this idea to my stroller strides group!! Maybe Ill rethink it!!

I think as long as you inform of the atmosphere...this is a show to collect orders...it should go fine.

1. Can this show be saved if it has low ratings?

It is possible for a show with low ratings to be saved, but it ultimately depends on the network's decision and the steps taken to improve the show's viewership.

2. How can a show be saved from cancellation?

A show can be saved from cancellation by increasing its ratings, gaining a loyal fan base, and receiving positive reviews from critics. Additionally, the network may consider factors such as production costs and potential for future success.

3. Will changing the time slot help save a struggling show?

Changing the time slot can potentially help a struggling show, as it may attract a different demographic or compete against weaker shows in that time slot. However, it is not a guaranteed solution and other factors also play a role in a show's success.

4. Can fan petitions and campaigns save a show?

Fan petitions and campaigns can certainly bring attention to a struggling show and show the network that there is a dedicated fan base. However, it is ultimately up to the network to make the decision to save the show.

5. Are there any successful examples of shows being saved?

Yes, there have been several successful examples of shows being saved from cancellation. For example, Brooklyn Nine-Nine was picked up by another network after being cancelled by Fox, and Lucifer was saved by Netflix after being cancelled by Fox.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• accooks13
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
accooks13
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • jrb0328