• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Host Your Own Show & Earn the New PC Apron by July 31st - 911 Show Idea

In summary, this conversation involves people who want to earn the new Pampered Chef Apron. People need to call and invite friends to a show between now and July 31st, and each guest must bring 1 friend. On July 31st, the guests will demo 1 recipe. If everyone follows these instructions, they will be able to earn the new apron.
finley1991
This is an oldie and was well received by a few of my consultants today who want to earn the new apron!

Who wants the NEW PC Apron? Need another July Show? Or 2? :)

CALL 9-1-1!

Here's how easy it is:

1. Pick a date between now and July 31st to have your own show.
2. Call and invite your friends! Don't stop until you have at least 9 confirmed guests!
3. Get 9 people to come...
4. Each guest brings 1 friend with her...
5. Demo 1 recipe!

911! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
:sun:

I'm going to send it out to my team! Thanks!

I got to the 2nd line of the message thought: "we are going to ask the 911 operator to host a show???" :blushing:

Had to change "Call 911" to "Think 911" ~ but used it!!! I just sent it to my team and all the hospitality girls. :D Sorry, the retired Police Dispatcher couldn't leave the phrase "call 911" in there! LOL

WOW!!!! THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!! going to share when I get home!! Thanks for sharing Colleen.

I was thinking it was Sept 11....looks like we all had different ideas going in our heads...

Linda, that's 9-11, not 9-1-1. ;)

Thank you, Colleen!Here is what I sent to my entire downline!!
Who wants the NEW Pampered Chef Apron? Need another July Show? Or 2 (those of you who went to conference need 4 parties to hold and submit for the Skinny Mini and a $50 dollar gas card)?

THINK 911!

Here's how easy it is:

1. Pick a date between now and July 31st to have your own show.
2. Call and invite your friends! Don't stop until you have at least 9 confirmed guests!
3. Get 9 people to come...
4. Each guest brings 1 friend with her...
5. Demo 1 recipe!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Who will you call? I am making my list NOW!

Sheila said:
Linda, that's 9-11, not 9-1-1. ;)

yes, I know that...but the title of this thread is 911....so, open to individual interpretation.

Oh, you're right! LOL

Me ED is so good and so making me accountable for the behaviors I want to establish (and have slipped on already!) She wrote this back to me...

And now make some time to CALL the key players to follow up your email. It’s a great time to find out what people want from their business – Fall is one of the many NEW YEARS we have with PC, a time people set new goals and make new plans, so keep PC on their radar.

I really have to do this somehow...my host for today is going on vacation and won't be back until after August 1st...I won't even make my $750 in sales now. :cry:

So I am having a "911":eek::bugeye:

baychef said:
I really have to do this somehow...my host for today is going on vacation and won't be back until after August 1st...I won't even make my $750 in sales now. :cry:

So I am having a "911":eek::bugeye:

A host of mine went on vacation on Saturday and never called me back to close her show. I pray she returns on Saturday and we can do it on Sunday or there goes my 1000.00 show. Calling - 9-1-1. (or I will have to really dial 911 for the stroke I'll be having!) :yuck:

(((hugs))) Ann & Melissa! I hope you each have it pull through for you before the end of the month!
eusa_pray.gif

Aww thanks Sheila.

Ugh, sorry to hear about that Ann and Melissa! I've been trying to close 3 shows FOREVER!! We'll see if it comes together in time. Sigh.

Sending you good juju so that 911 becomes a Wahooo! Here's to that last minute scramble dance.

You're welcome sweetie! It's never fun (or FAIR) when hosts bail on you like that. :(

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Ugh, sorry to hear about that Ann and Melissa! I've been trying to close 3 shows FOREVER!! We'll see if it comes together in time.

I feel your frustration!! I have a June 3rd show that I can't close, then her sister has a catty show (my hopes are not high for that one either). If they all come through I will at least have my $725 (that would be good).

On the bright side...August is cooking!! I have booked 2 catalog and 1 cooking show.

Not sure I can get the 911 pulled together in time. My house is trashed and I am semi-back to work, trying to get fall paperwork in place..etc.!!:eek:

Totally feeling your pain Ann...get this, you'll enjoy it. I finally closed a June show this morning! Was happy it was finally in and all done...host is sweet, just was impossible to get her to round up the orders. Anyhow, I just notice...1 of the 3 orders she gave me had a cc decline! Buah ha ha

So, 2 shows in....4 more to go...wrapping up that is. I think I have 5 or 6 open shows for this month, so in theory it's a good month....closing and getting them in, that's another story. My 2 shows have me good to go in regards to sales, now to make sure the team is on it too.

Now I'm trying to close a show that has a never ending credit card issue... First it won't go thru (over the limit) after trying several times as the guest "swears" there is nothing wrong...Now... I call the HO (tonite) to have items removed from her order and run it thru her debit card but first i have to add 2 seasons bests to it or it drops the host a level (from 1100 to 1000) and now the HO lady says "Can we call you back? Your show now is not balancing so we need IT to take a look at it." IT!?!?! Get out a darn calculator! LOL I ask her to run the cc for the guest (as there will still be a balance for my 2 SB's i'm adding to it and she says "oh we can do that when I call back." NOOOOOOOO then when the girls debit card doesn't go thru I'm playing phone tag again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr This has been a week with going back and forth. IF i knew I wouldn't get stuck I'd just suck it up and pay for it and then have it ALL shipped to me but at this point I think I just say SCREW IT! :)

The host is considering the business so she can see what you can encounter as a consultant first-hand as the host. :)

I'm ready for August b/c nothing seems to be going right for July.

Melissa this sounds like a nightmarish mess...hope it is resolved soon.

I've been sick for a week & w/not enough time on my calendar to do a 911 show I
just threw out on my FB page & sent a mass email to everyone that I was having a 2 day SALE 25% off!

& so far I'm @ $300 w/a few more people to get back to me!

I've encouraged my team to do the same!

baychef said:
Melissa this sounds like a nightmarish mess...hope it is resolved soon.

Resolved and shipped today. *sigh* THANK GOD!

I had to order 2 Seasons Best Cookbooks so that would be 2.12 here in PA...somehow they told me I owed 3.36. No idea where that all came from but if it got off of hold after A WEEK, so be it!

It truely was a nightmare...and thankfully, it was time to 'wake up' and its over....I Hope.

It's the NEW math. You and I are too old to understand it. ;)

Must go with the new way of learning. Long gone are the days of "see spot run". :D

2 of those never closing shows finally closed! And the sales weren't super hot. Guess what? 2 cc declines...one for each show...hosts cc and less than $40 each! ha ha ha...it's actually getting amusing for me now.

Melissa78 said:
Must go with the new way of learning. Long gone are the days of "see spot run". :D

Don't look at Spot run, spot has a bit of a limp after his owner let him run loose without a leash and he was hit by a car. He's quite sensitive about his limp and it's rude to stare ...

Oh, no Laurie!!! :(

Sheila said:
Don't look at Spot run, spot has a bit of a limp after his owner let him run loose without a leash and he was hit by a car. He's quite sensitive about his limp and it's rude to stare ...

LOL - must be why kids can't learn with the old methods! According to the parents in my area, their children "MUST" have full-day kindergarten. My response to them is, I went to college on an academic scholarship and by no means consider myself stupid or "behind" and yet I only had half-day kindergarten. The ABC's did not change nor did 1+1=2. Ok not opening that Pandora's box...hehehe

Melissa78 said:
LOL - must be why kids can't learn with the old methods! According to the parents in my area, their children "MUST" have full-day kindergarten. My response to them is, I went to college on an academic scholarship and by no means consider myself stupid or "behind" and yet I only had half-day kindergarten. The ABC's did not change nor did 1+1=2. Ok not opening that Pandora's box...hehehe
In our district, and I'm pretty sure it's for the whole state of Michigan, it was not the parents mandating full day K-garten, it was the gov't. The State said they "MUST" have full day K-garten. If our district didn't implement full day K-garten, they would have lost a big chunk of their state funding for the entire K program. Parents were SO upset about it, that the district had to come up with a half-day solution, while still offering the full day. Many parents (myself included) were going to skip K, or look into a private alternative, which would have also resulted in a lack of funding for the schools. It was a messy situation, and I believe this year the funding stipulations changed because of the uproar from parents and school districts.

I live in MI and in our district and my sister's (we're in metro Detroit), parents can choose if they want all day or half-day in public school. My sister chose half for her kids because she thought they'd be too tired from a full day... seemed to work out okay for them and I highly doubt it's hindered their academic futures!!!

While I and most of my kids went to half day K, I have to say for many parents full day is a blessing with the cost of day care and all. I know it's saving my son and his wife a ton of money and the kids are doing fine with it.

You ladies crack me up! We start off with 911 and now are onto K and pre-K. TeeHee

bethcooks4u said:
While I and most of my kids went to half day K, I have to say for many parents full day is a blessing with the cost of day care and all. I know it's saving my son and his wife a ton of money and the kids are doing fine with it.

I am sure this is why many parents want Full day K however, my tax dollars are not meant for babysitting. :devil:

PA doesn't require it however, they do receive different funding HOWEVER the new Govenor slashed such funding as well as a ton of other funding. My district chose to keep full day K b/c the curriculum was already set however they did not replace 31 teachers who left, cut ALL middle school sports and I think did some downsizing.

Ok that's all I'll say about this and we can go back to 9-1-1 shows. LOL

melissa78 said:
i am sure this is why many parents want full day k however, my tax dollars are not meant for babysitting. :devil:lol

amen sister!!!!!!!

Melissa78 said:
I am sure this is why many parents want Full day K however, my tax dollars are not meant for babysitting. :devil:

while I agree with this I also feel that (not in my kids' case thankfully) some parents wouldn't be able to work if they had to pay for the child care for the full day. ...I think we need to get back to the OP's topic. This is getting political...

I didn't do a 911 show myself this month but I definitely will use it in the future and while I did send it out to my team I also plan to team on it at our meeting.

bethcooks4u said:

Showing our age just a little bit here....:rolleyes:
Back when we went to K it was optional and it was private and our parent's had to pay for it (at least that's how it was in 1965 (yes 1965!!! :eek: when I went...lol) Now a days it's mandatory and part of the Elementary School System and therefore follows the elementary school day. There are still private K in my area that are mostly thru the churches and many of them are 1/2 day.

PLus, our kids are learning at a much fster rate these days. What my son learned in K was similar to what I learned in 1st/2nd grade...I'm amazed at how fast we are teaching our kids and the rate at what they are expected to learn.

So, it's not just a baby-sitting thing either.

pamperedlinda said:
Showing our age just a little bit here....:rolleyes:
Back when we went to K it was optional and it was private and our parent's had to pay for it (at least that's how it was in 1965 (yes 1965!!! :eek: when I went...lol) Now a days it's mandatory and part of the Elementary School System and therefore follows the elementary school day. There are still private K in my area that are mostly thru the churches and many of them are 1/2 day.

PLus, our kids are learning at a much fster rate these days. What my son learned in K was similar to what I learned in 1st/2nd grade...I'm amazed at how fast we are teaching our kids and the rate at what they are expected to learn.

So, it's not just a baby-sitting thing either.

Since everyone wants to get away from this topic I will chime in.:D What Linda said. My daughter was reading third grade books by the end of kindergarten, and writing her own word problems in math. It's definitely more academic than it was back in my day. *sigh*

911, What is your emergency?

I want the Skinny Mini but I don't have my 4th show yet!!! :cry:

1. What is the deadline to earn the new PC apron?

The deadline to earn the new PC apron is July 31st.

2. How can I earn the new apron?

To earn the new PC apron, you can host your own show and invite at least 9 confirmed guests. Each guest should also bring a friend with them.

3. Can I host more than one show to earn the new apron?

Yes, you can host multiple shows to earn the new PC apron. The more shows you host, the more chances you have to earn it.

4. What is the "911" show idea?

The "911" show idea is an oldie but a goodie. It involves hosting a show with at least 9 confirmed guests, who each bring a friend. The show should include a demonstration of 1 recipe.

5. How easy is it to earn the new apron with the "911" show idea?

Earning the new apron with the "911" show idea is very easy. All you need to do is pick a date, invite your friends, and make sure at least 9 people attend the show. The rest will fall into place as each guest brings a friend and you demo 1 recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • almondfarm