• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Special Update: Feb Show Bookings and Changes

did... HO say... you could? I have been told before also that it was ok to do that. I have yet to have it happen so I havent tried it.
missyciccolella
I have a host who had 4 bookings at her Nov show. One of the gals scheduled for Feb can't do it, but someone who did not book at all for the original host is going to host instead of the original gal. The original host can still use the host special for Feb even though the host name is changed. Is that right and does that make sense?

I wouldn't think that she can get the booking benefit if that host wasn't listed as a booking at her show. Could you put their names as co-hosts and then just give the one that is hosting the benefits?

Yes she can still get the booking benefit from my understanding.

Yes she can.

She can get it and you don't have to do the co-hosting thing. From my understanding it is the number of bookings on the original hosts show... not the actual names. Others may disagree but that is what my AD told me.

hperschnick said:
She can get it and you don't have to do the co-hosting thing. From my understanding it is the number of bookings on the original hosts show... not the actual names. Others may disagree but that is what my AD told me.
I thought it had to do with the number of bookings too (not names) but I didn't want to make something up. I guess I'll double check with HO. Thanks!

I called HO on this before. You CANNOT do this! The person who holds the party has to book at the original host's party for the original host to have past host benefits at the "new" party. You cannot just pick at random someone from the first party.

This has been said several times on here (that we are able to do this). I hope we clear it up. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS! They have to book from the host for her to get the benefits!

hperschnick said:

Sometimes ADs are wrong too and sorry to hear yours gave bad advice.

There was another similar thread to this just a day or so ago.

It is tied to the host number which is tied to a name which is tied to a show. You may be able to submit it fine but if HO does an audit of you, you are busted. I wouldn't want to risk any commission or incentive or my status as a consultant over something like this.

The goal is to get bookings AT SHOWS and continue or business. Not let people drop out and fill in as they please, that doesn't help us stay consistent.

Basically, policy states this:
Policies and Procedures Page 2 said:
Booking Benefit/Monthly Host Special
If the past host (from whom the Show was booked) wants to order the Monthly Host Special, write it on the sales receipt in the space provided. No other guest may order the Monthly Host Special.
Basically, if you are at a show as a guest and do not meet these criteria, you do not get it.You may have found a software loophole because it is ridiculous to program in all those checks, but the policies you signed to abide by overrule any loophole you found. ...and in the long run, it really isn't good for your business to let people think they can book and cancel and do whatever and still get the benefits. It lets them walk all over you and they don't appreciate it anyway.

Thanks Chef Kearns for letting us know that you called I have been told before also that it was ok to do that. I have yet to have it happen so I havent tried it.

Jennie4PC said:
Thanks Chef Kearns for letting us know that you called I have been told before also that it was ok to do that. I have yet to have it happen so I havent tried it.

She said she called and you CANNOT do it.

When you called did HO say you could? I'm confused by your statement of not "trying" it yet. We KNOW it can be entered in P3, it is the matter of if it is allowed. It equates similarly to driving over the speed limit down the road. You physically can do it because your car won't shut down, but you are breaking the posted speed limit, but you may or may not be caught.

Are you willing to pay the ramifications if you are caught and how long would you keep speeding? :rolleyes: Hmm...(I'm in a pondering mood...)

janetupnorth said:
She said she called and you CANNOT do it.

When you called did HO say you could? I'm confused by your statement of not "trying" it yet. We KNOW it can be entered in P3, it is the matter of if it is allowed. It equates similarly to driving over the speed limit down the road. You physically can do it because your car won't shut down, but you are breaking the posted speed limit, but you may or may not be caught.

Are you willing to pay the ramifications if you are caught and how long would you keep speeding? :rolleyes: Hmm...(I'm in a pondering mood...)

Janet I understood Jennie's post as her saying thanks for letting her know cause she had never tried it before and didn't know if she could or not.

rennea said:
Janet I understood Jennie's post as her saying thanks for letting her know cause she had never tried it before and didn't know if she could or not.

That's what I was hoping she'd clarify. I was a little confused and reading it like she was going to try it coming up...

:) Thanks for adding that perspective...I'm very literal when I read. Well, except for 80% of KG's posts. He-he

I just had a similar situation. Theresa booked a January show off Margie's November show; Theresa's DH said no way - they're in the middle of remodeling. Margie was bummed because she wanted the baker at 60% off. Theresa's sister, Nicole offered to have a show so that Margie could get the baker; so I called Theresa and the original host and explained how since I didn't enter Nicole's name as a booking, it wouldn't count. Then we came up with the idea of co-hosting; the show was at Nicole's, but Theresa brought in 4 outside orders, so I was able to do a co-host.

Now this worked because the two actually knew each other and worked together to make this show happen; I wouldn't just plug in a name of someone that didn't really book, just because I would be sitting there waiting for that call... Definitely not worth getting my contract terminated!

So, long story short - Missy, can the new "non-booked" host work with the person who isn't going to host to make it a co-hosted show? Clear as mud?

Janet what I ment was I never tried it and so now I know I will not do it since I know it is a no no

Related to Host Special Update: Feb Show Bookings and Changes

1. What is "I Should Know This..."?

"I Should Know This..." is a series of educational classes offered by Pampered Chef that cover various cooking and baking techniques, tips, and tricks. These classes are designed to help individuals become more confident and knowledgeable in the kitchen.

2. How often are "I Should Know This..." classes offered?

Classes are typically offered once a month, but the schedule may vary depending on location and demand. You can check the upcoming class schedule on our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

3. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to attend "I Should Know This..." classes?

No, the classes are open to everyone. You do not need to be a consultant or have any previous experience with Pampered Chef products to attend.

4. What topics are covered in "I Should Know This..." classes?

The topics covered in these classes vary, but they may include knife skills, baking basics, meal prep techniques, and more. Each class focuses on a specific topic and is led by a Pampered Chef consultant who is knowledgeable in that area.

5. How much do "I Should Know This..." classes cost?

The cost of these classes may vary, but they are typically around $15-$20 per person. This fee covers the cost of materials and ingredients used during the class. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on specific class fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Diane
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies