• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Appreciation 2.0: Try New Recipes at a Guinea Pig Party!

I think it sounds like a great way to:Create excitement over the new products and recipes.Check the usability of the new recipes.Make your hosts love you!Sounds like a great idea...
susanr613
Gold Member
Howdy:

I had an idea for a twist on host appreciation. I would like to try the new recipes before a show, but I live alone and am trying to lose weight, not gain from eating all the yummy stuff we prepare.

So, I thought of inviting my past hosts (just a dozen or so I started in Nov 07) to a Guinea Pig Party. I will demo or prepare the torta, avacado salad, and lemon cakes. I just want feedback on taste, presentation, and viability for a show....and they are welcome to bring a friend.

I'm planning on ordering sample kit A, so I will have most of the spring products on hand.

What do you think, especially you PC vets?

Thanks!
Susan

I think it sounds like a great way to:

1. Create excitement over the new products and recipes.
  2. Check the usability of the new recipes.
  3. Make your hosts love you!

Sounds like a great idea... I have to admit the topic title had me worried... LOL... then I saw you meant human guinea pigs. *whew*

I thought you were going to demo Guinea pigs:yuck: too! Whew! LOL
It does soung like a great idea!!!

What? I hear guinea pigs are quite tasty. ;)

Good protein content... :)

raebates said:

Please don't tell me that you have a recipe for guinea pigs too! I guess you could serve it with a side of Ground Hog?! LOL;)

I was thinking of doing the same thing in February. Sort of an appreciation show with no sales, no sit down show, just them tasting recipes and browsing products. Not for sure if I am going to do it though, still trying to figure everything out.

OK, all the joking around about guinea pigshas spun me off into twisted theme show land....so gross i won't even list here

i am pretty sure i will schedule this in march to launch the new catalog. i will let you know how it goes

thanks!!

I like this idea - think I just might have to steal it for myself!!! And I'm just glad to know that you aren't going to have 15 little guinea pigs running around trying to see which one can cross the finish line first!!! That's what I was picturing!!! :D

raebates said:

Two of our guinea pigs were part of a rescue effort from a man who was housing over 200 guinea pigs to sell them off for human consumption. The conditions they were kept in were... disgusting to say the least. :yuck: They may be tasty to some but to me, they're too cute to eat. LOL..

raebates said:

well, in Peru, they have this dish called cuy (cooey). and it's base is guinea pigs....... they taste like dirty chcken!!!

I try-out recipes for the first time at my shows all the time! I tell the guests that I want their honest opinion as they are the first to sample this "recipe that I've been told is delicious". Most of the time they like it. When I do this I always bring another recipe that I know is good so all is not lost!

sddmom2 said:
Please don't tell me that you have a recipe for guinea pigs too! I guess you could serve it with a side of Ground Hog?! LOL;)

I don't have one, but I'm sure I could find one pretty easily. :chef:

I am doing this show in late February, probably the 28th or 29th, and it will be an "Out with the Old, In with the New" show. it will be their last chance to order retired products, and also see the new products, catalog, etc.

they taste like dirty chcken

That's funny, considering guinea pigs are probably cleaner than chickens. I think pretty much any animal is. lol

Isn't it strange how we have mindsets on what we'll eat? Other countries eat alot of things that we'd never consider. And Rae, I don't even want to know. lol The groundhog was enough for me. :p

Last edited:
Where I used to work the auxillary would hold a Taste & Tell. They would fix the recipes & we would let them know if it was good & if we would fix it at home. They would sell the recipes for 25 cents. I was thinking of doing something like that. Not selling the recipes, but letting people taste the new recipes & seeing if they would like to have it done at their show.

What is "Host Appreciation 2.0: Try New Recipes at a Guinea Pig Party!"?

"Host Appreciation 2.0" is a special event organized by Pampered Chef to show appreciation for our hostesses and give them the opportunity to try out new recipes in a fun and interactive "guinea pig" party setting.

How do I become eligible for "Host Appreciation 2.0"?

To become eligible for "Host Appreciation 2.0", you must host a Pampered Chef party with a minimum of $200 in sales and have at least 6 guests in attendance.

What can I expect at a "Host Appreciation 2.0" party?

At a "Host Appreciation 2.0" party, you can expect to try out new recipes and products from Pampered Chef while having a fun and interactive experience. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes, and you'll have the opportunity to provide feedback on the dishes.

Can I invite friends to the "Host Appreciation 2.0" party?

Yes, you are welcome to invite friends to the "Host Appreciation 2.0" party. In fact, the more guests you have, the more fun the party will be! Just make sure to let your Pampered Chef consultant know in advance so they can plan accordingly.

Do I need to purchase anything at the "Host Appreciation 2.0" party?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at the "Host Appreciation 2.0" party. However, if you do decide to purchase any of the products or recipes that you try, your consultant will be happy to assist you with placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingmom
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingmom
  • missi.robbins