• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping My Grandmother: Exchange Request for Pampered Chef's Medium Bar Pan"

You can call HO about the can opener return - give them your grandmother's name and approximate date of purchase and they'll give you a reference number to return it.
ChefJoyJ
My grandmother bought a can opener from PC at a show with another consultant before I signed (I think it was early fall). The consultant never did any CCC or any OOB calls and my grandmother has had tons of problems with it and doesn't want it anymore. She forgot to bring it to my mom's house for my SIL's show so I could possibly help her.

My weird request is this - my grandmother wants to exchange the can opener for the medium bar pan through me. Of course, she tells my SIL, so my SIL told me. I know we don't do exchanges or really handle returns, but since I'm about to submit my SIL's show, should I just add on a med. bar pan to my grandmother's order (and get payment) and then when PC refunds her money, she'll be about even (short $1 for the bar pan) or what?

I put in a call to HO, but was hoping you guys would be quicker in responding! Thanks so much! :)

Either way, your grandmother will need to pay to send the can opener back, so doing it that way will actually be better because she'll get the sale price on the bar pan and your SIL will get the credit. You can call HO about the can opener return - give them your grandmother's name and approximate date of purchase and they'll give you a reference number to return it. (Remember to get the address for returns, too- they don't print it on anything anymore.)

I doI actually handle all of my customer returns and exchanges and my customers love it. I send one box a month, so this means sometimes they are waiting 6-8 weeks before they get their new product. But you would be amazed at the people who just want you to do it!:rolleyes:

You could order her pan on your SIL's show and you will make commission:D on it. If you just exchange it then you of course won't make anything and your SIL won't get the extra guest sales. I guess this would just be up to your preference.

If it were my grammy, I would order her the new bar pan and just keep the can opener for myself (have 2 already, but swear I could use another!). Just my thoughts on it!

Your plan sounds good. I just had someone return the can opener and PC was very helpful. They will give you a reference # and the customer sends back the item and receipt. When PC gets it, they will refund the cost + tax with a check or credit to their credit card. Hope that helps.

You know - hadn't thought of keeping the can opener for myself! Wish I had re-read this thread before calling her (after speaking to HO) and telling her to send it back and I'll order the bar pan through the show. *slapping myself upside the head* If I didn't live over 4 hours away, I would have done the return for her...

I suppose I could call back, but I don't know if I should buy anything else right now. Is the can opener worth it? If it is, then I'll keep it instead of having her send it back. I'll just tell DH the hassle of returning it wasn't worth it to my grandmother...since he loves her as much as his own grandparents, it wouldn't be a big deal. :blushing:

Can opener is one thing that I sell a ton of. If you don't have one, I would keep it definitely to have and show people at your show.

I have 2 can openers and love them!!! Couldn't get me to part with mine for anything. LOL

I LOVE the PC can opener. It was tricky to figure out at 1st but once I did I fell in love.

Yes, definitely keep it if you don't have one (or at least get one!). Plus, are you SURE that she knows how to use it? I had a customer call (just after I started). She just got hers (yes from one of my shows) and hated the can opener. I called the host (a friend of mine) and asked her to go and help her (next door neighbor) since she had one and loved it. I hear the next day that she and her husband loved it so much (after getting how to use it) that they were opening all of the cans in recycling! It's one of those items that NEED training!

AND it is something you will need a lot when doing your cooking shows! So it is a definate :thumbup: !

trouble?You mentoned she was having trouble with it. What kind of trouble, she just couldn't get used to the weird way it's used or it's malfunctioning? If it's broken you'll have to send it back anyway, if it's not broken, definitely keep it!!! I love mine.

I just had a host do a $500 show for me so she could get a can opener. Her 7 month old son got a hold of the lid to a can that she used her cheap old can opener for and OUCH!! You get what happened!!

So everyone loves the can opener. I sell at least one at every show!!

Debbie :D

We love the can opener and I do sell more of them when I demo it. People understand how it works better!!

It sounds like she just needs some coaching on how to make it work. Does anyone you know who has one, live near her, and could give her a lesson?

If she does want to turn it in, you'd be doing both of you a favor to tell her you will give her credit toward the bar pan, and next time you see her, show her how to use it, and she may decide to keep it and pay you for whatever the amount is, that you decide to credit her with. Good luck.

This is one item that most need to SEE or USE to WANT. Whenever I have someone come up and demo this tool, they buy it. I don't think there has EVER been an exception to this!

So...either way, you need to get one. Even if you can't buy one now...put it on your list of things that are next to buy!

KellyTheChef said:
This is one item that most need to SEE or USE to WANT. Whenever I have someone come up and demo this tool, they buy it. I don't think there has EVER been an exception to this!

So...either way, you need to get one. Even if you can't buy one now...put it on your list of things that are next to buy!

I so agree with this. I needed a new can opener when I started PC anyway but as soon as I figured out how it worked... I was hooked! Even if a recipe doesn't need a can opener, I take an previously opened/cleaned can with and show folks how there are no sharp edges and I can even put it back together and show them how it works. They love it and can easily see how this is well worth the money (my cheapo opener that burst while using it and flew shrapnel around was enough for me to be willing to pony up a bit of dough for a good opener)

I'm pretty sure she doesn't know how to use it, but being 4 hours away and only going that way once in a while doesn't help me show her. :( I plan on keeping it and next time I'm in the area visiting the family, I'll bring it by and show her how to use it. If she still wants it then, I'll give it right back to her! :) I know she was excited about it and wanted it, but has given up and is frustrated. As I said, kinda hard to pop on over and show her b/c I'm so far away!

Since the consultant she purchased from didn't do an OOB call or a CCC, my grandmother has been super frustrated with the opener - which could have left a sour taste for PC in her mouth, if you kwim? That would not have been good, for her or for the company. Oh, and this consultant missed out on some sales, b/c my grandmother mentioned she was glad that she could buy some more of the PC stuff she'd had her eye on since my cousin's show (with the other consultant). Once she got home and had a chance to look through the catalog, she saw several things she wanted. She said that if the consultant had contacted her at all, she'd have placed an order then and there (especially b/c it would have come in handy during the Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking season). She bought the easy adjustable measuring spoon, the easy adjustable measuring cup, the adjustable measuring spoons (b/c they go in spice jars), several spices, and the small scoop - all things she wanted. She also got a few things that she saw at my show that she liked. All stuff she could use quite often and would help her in the kitchen!

That's a good reminder - always do CCC - this consultant missed out on an almost $100 sale (of her original wish list) b/c of not calling. My grandmother would have ordered these things outside of a show, b/c she wanted them. Lucky for me - she got them from me! :D

I can totally relate to the not using the can opener. Years ago I went to a show and it was demonstrated. I fell in love with it and ordered it. After I got it I didn't use it right away and then I couldn't figure out how to use it so it sat in my drawer for 2 years or more. Fortunately I was at someone's house that had one and they were getting ready to use it and I told them to wait and show me what to do and then I was hooked forever and haven't stopped using it since. My electric can opener hasn't been used since! Now when I show it I make a point of asking people who has one and if they don't know how to use it I show them and let them try it out themselves (only way to get the hang of it). Can't tell you how many customers have thanked me so they can use theirs and those that don't have one have bought one if not two (one for their campers). It's one of the products that doesn't get enough respect and really needs to be showed more.

1. What is the Pampered Chef Medium Bar Pan?

The Pampered Chef Medium Bar Pan is a versatile baking pan that is perfect for creating delicious treats like brownies, bar cookies, and even sheet cakes. It is made from durable stoneware and features a non-stick surface for easy release and cleanup.

2. How do I request an exchange for the Medium Bar Pan?

To request an exchange for your Pampered Chef Medium Bar Pan, simply contact our customer service team at 1-800-000-0000. They will be happy to assist you with the exchange process and provide you with detailed instructions.

3. What is the exchange policy for the Medium Bar Pan?

Our exchange policy for the Medium Bar Pan allows for exchanges within 30 days of purchase. The pan must be unused and in its original packaging. If the pan is defective or damaged, we will exchange it for a new one at no additional cost.

4. Can I request an exchange for a different product?

Yes, you can request an exchange for a different product within the same price range as the Medium Bar Pan. Our customer service team will be happy to assist you with finding a suitable replacement and completing the exchange process.

5. How long does it take to receive the exchanged product?

The time it takes to receive the exchanged product will depend on your location and shipping method. Our customer service team can provide you with an estimated delivery time once the exchange has been processed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • elizabethfox
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • hoosierchef