• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Bar Pan is Warped & Sticky - Do I Need a Replacement?

In summary, warped bar pans are usually caused by sudden temperature changes or improper storage. They can still be used, but may result in uneven baking. To prevent warping, follow proper care instructions. Sticky bar pans are caused by buildup of oil or grease and can be cleaned with warm soapy water or a baking soda mixture.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I got my Large Bar Pan in my kit last Nov (07). It is now warped (rocks on my counter doesn't sit flat). Also it feels sticky on the bottom. We have done bacon in the bar pan and that is when the stickiness showed up. I have tried the baking soda paste and it hasn't solved it. Should I request a replacement?

Yes you should. We do bacon in our large bar pan and this has not happened to ours.

Yes, contact HO. I never heard of our stones warping. I love my LBP and use it all the time.

Related to Help! My Bar Pan is Warped & Sticky - Do I Need a Replacement?

1. Why is my bar pan warped?

Warped bar pans are usually caused by sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot pan in cold water or vice versa. This can cause the pan to expand or contract, leading to warping. It can also be caused by improper storage or placing heavy objects on top of the pan.

2. Can I still use a warped bar pan?

Yes, a warped bar pan can still be used for baking, but the results may not be as desired. The uneven surface can cause uneven baking and may affect the final appearance of your dish. It is recommended to replace a warped bar pan for optimal results.

3. How do I prevent my bar pan from warping?

To prevent warping, it is important to follow proper care and use instructions. Avoid sudden temperature changes and do not place heavy objects on top of the pan. It is also recommended to let the pan cool down before washing it in cold water.

4. Why is my bar pan sticky?

Sticky bar pans are usually caused by a buildup of oil or grease from previous use. This can happen if the pan is not properly cleaned and seasoned. It can also be caused by using cooking sprays with additives that can leave residue on the pan.

5. How do I clean my sticky bar pan?

To clean a sticky bar pan, it is recommended to use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and warm soapy water. If the pan has a heavy buildup of oil or grease, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the surface. Make sure to thoroughly dry the pan before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies