• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Ideas for Making Dip with Limited Pantry Items

In summary, the host is insisting that the guest make a dip, but the guest doesn't want to. The guest is looking for a dip that will be simple and cheap to make. There are many dips on the internet that the guest can try.
sillylittlechef
I have a host that no matter what I tell her she just wants to do her own thing. I am making Aloha pizza, but she is under the impression that we are tastefully simple and supply dips using our pantry items at shows. I keep trying to tell her that I only have a few pantry items and they really aren't meant for dip. Well, she just emailed me AGAIN! saying she is going to the grocery store tonight and needs to know what ingredients I need for the dip!??!!?? So, I have the Jamaican Jerk Rub, The Italian Seasoning, Asian Seasoning, and th cinnamon plus. She does not want a fruit dip though. Does anyone have any ideas for me? PLEASE!!!!

Could you do a sweetened cream cheese (I am thinking one 8 oz package of cream cheese, 1 c. powdered sugar?)...fold in Cool Whip (small container) and Cinnamon Plus? Use graham sticks or nilla wafers to dip!

Or is my idea too much like fruit dip?

Hot Pizza Dip is cheap and simple. Just get to her house a little early and slap it together.

That's what I make when my hosts insist I do a second recipe or a dip.

I don't know how this recipe is, but I looked on razzledazzlerecipes.com and looked under Pampered Chef recipes....this one uses the Italian seasonings.??

Mediterranean Dip Duo
Posted by BJ

Salsa
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 plum tomato
1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese

Hummus Dip
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 container (7-8 ounces) original hummus spread

Baked Pita Chips (optional)

For salsa, remove seeds from cucumber. Coarsely chop cucumber and red onion.

Core and seed tomato & slice olives. Place cucumber, onion, tomato and olives in a bowl.

Stir in oil, garlic and seasoning mix. Gently stir in feta cheese.

For hummus dip, whisk sour cream and hummus spread in a bowl.

To serve, spoon salsa and dip into small bowls. Serve with Baked Pita Chips, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Tell her to make her own dip if she wants it so much. :rolleyes:

Or see if you can borrow some dill mix or southwestern seasoning from a nearby consultant?

This one was also on there. ???

Black Bean Salsa Dip

Tortilla Bowl and Tortilla Chips
14 (7-inch) flour tortillas, divided

1 egg white

Dip
2 package (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise

3 tablespoons Southwestern seasoning mix

2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced, divided

1 cup diced red bell pepper

1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped

3/4 cup salsa

1 garlic clove, pressed

1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can (8.75 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained

1. For tortilla bowl, preheat oven to 350ºF. Brush 5 of the tortillas with egg white. Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas in half. With flat edges facing right, arrange tortillas, egg white side up, in an overlapping pinwheel pattern in deep dish pie plate (edges of tortillas will extend beyond edge of pie plate). Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to rack; cool completely.

2. For tortilla chips, increase oven temperature to 400ºF. Cut each remaining tortilla into 8 triangles; arrange in single layer over flat baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from baking stone; cool completely on cooling rack. Repeat with remaining tortilla triangles.

3. For dip, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in small bowl; whisk until smooth. Attach closed star tip to a decorator. Fill decorator with 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture; set aside. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over bottom and halfway up sides of tortilla bowl.

4. Slice green onions using; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Dice bell pepper & chop olives. In bowl, combine green onions, bell pepper, olives, salsa, garlic, beans and corn; mix well. Spoon half of the salsa mixture over cream cheese layer. Pipe half of the reserved cream cheese mixture in a zigzag pattern over salsa layer. Top with remaining salsa mixture. Pipe a decorative border around edge of bowl using decorator. Sprinkle with reserved green onions. To serve, place pie plate on a platter; arrange tortilla chips around edge of platter. Serve.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: (Light) (1/4 cup dip, 3 chips): Calories 110, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

here's another>>>

Chile Verde Dip
Posted by Rini

1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 lime
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can (3 1/4 ounces) pitted ripe olives, divided
5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, divided (1 1/4 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
Baked Tortilla Chips (See Cook's Tips)

Preheat oven to 400?F. In small bowl, mix refried beans with 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning Mix; spread over bottom of deep dish pie plate.

Juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. In bowl, mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic pressed, and remaining 1 tablespoon Seasoning Mix until smooth. Chop onion and half of olives. Grate cheese. Add onion, olives and 1 cup of the cheese to bowl; mix well.

Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot. Remove to cooling rack. Slice remaining olives. Snip cilantro using. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese, olives and cilantro over hot dip. If desired, arrange Baked Tortilla Chips around edge of dip. Serve hot using

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 2 g

For a heartier dip, 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked, can be added to cream cheese mixture.

You could always make it ahead of time. It gives you a chance to show stoneware.... If it isn't going to hurt you in your presentation and it is her paying for the items....go for it.

I'll keep posting until I'm out of recipes. Here's another one I might use:

Dilly Seafood Dip

1 lemon
1/2 cucumber
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small red bell pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
1 carrot
2 tablespoons Dill Mix
green onions
1 clove garlic
1/4 pound (4 oz.) cooked medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
10 cups assorted fresh vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, or celery

Zest whole lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Juice lemon using Lemon Aid to yield 1 tbs. juice. Combine lemon zest, juice, may, sour cream and dill mix in 1-Qt Batter Bowl; mix well with Super Scraper.

Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press. Finely chop shrimp, cucumber, and 1/4 of bell pepper with Food Chopper. Grate carrot using Ultimate Slice & Grate.

Slice green onions using 8" chef's knife. Add chopped ingredients, carrots, and green onions to batter bowl; mix well. Pour dip into Chillzanne Mini-Bowl.

Place mini-bowl in center of Chillzanne platter fitted with Chilzanne Platter Divider. Fill platter sections with vegetables.

Serve dip using Bamboo Spooners.

Source: Pampered Chef

okay, I'm out. that website is awesome though ...especially when you need to find something in a hurry. Have a great day.

oh, sorry. I just saw the part where you don't have Southwestern or Dill. But, you could do the one with Italian. I guess I should read a little more thorough.

Mix some italian seasoning with a clove of garlic, and some olive oil, and have them dip french bread in it! :)
Oh, and you could also grate some parm.cheese into it too......

WOW! When I put NOW! I didn't realize you all would take it so seriously. I went off to read another thread and came back on to find oodles of dip recipes and ideas. Thanks so much. I really like them all! hmmm...now which one to pick! Thanks awesome cheffers!

Look on the back of most or our seasonings and there are easy dip recipes there. OR you can combine sour cream and cottage cheese and any seasoning and WALLAH....... DIP! or sour cream and mayo and seasoning :)

monica.dixon said:
Look on the back of most or our seasonings and there are easy dip recipes there. OR you can combine sour cream and cottage cheese and any seasoning and WALLAH....... DIP! or sour cream and mayo and seasoning :)
I was just going to say that.

I'm surprised KG didn't respond to your dip request!

Here are a bunch of dip recipes, maybe one of them will help you out.

Attachments

• Dip Recipes.doc
    181 KB · Views: 393
  • Dip Recipes.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 605
Last edited:
I'm new to the board and to PC, but wanted to share a dip that I did at my first show on Saturday. It's called Easy Artichoke Dip.

1 brick of cream cheese (softened)
1 Can of Artichoke Hearts (drained)
2 gloves of garlic
about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Soften cream cheese using the small batter bowl (about 1 minute in the microwave). Stir until creamy using the Mix N Scraper. Using the food chopper, chop the artichoke hearts. Add to the cream cheese. Press the garlic by with the garlic press. Mix well.

Spoon mixture into the Mini-Baker. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. Serve with crackers.

I sold 1 Mini-Baker and 2 food choppers by adding this quick recipe to the show.

monica.dixon said:

LMAO!!! I didn't know this!!! NOW I do - guess I should pay attention to my product.

The Hot Pizza Dip is always a hit at shows...

overthyme said:
I'm new to the board and to PC, but wanted to share a dip that I did at my first show on Saturday. It's called Easy Artichoke Dip.

2 gloves of garlic

Soften cream cheese using the small batter bowl (about 1 minute in the microwave). Stir until creamy using the Mix N Scraper. Using the food chopper, chop the artichoke hearts. Add to the cream cheese. Press the garlic by with the garlic press. Mix well.

Spoon mixture into the Mini-Baker. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. Serve with crackers.

I sold 1 Mini-Baker and 2 food choppers by adding this quick recipe to the show.

Welcome Kristin!
This is a great forum full of info & friends!
Now, a quick question - would that be marinated artichokes or plain?

I just buy the plain, quartered hearts (they fit better in the food chopper). I have to say that since the entire recipe from start to finish only takes about 5 minutes, the guests were very attentive, because I think everyone loves quick and easy.Also, I have added lump crab meat to the recipe before and a little bit of Old Bay Seasoning. It is really good!!

The Hot Spinach and Artichoke dip in All the Best cookbook is SUPER easy too and you can use either the marinated or the non-marinated chokes.
Although it doesn't use any of the pantry seasonings in it, I am sure you could drop a few shakes of the Italian or Dill in there to satisfy the "tasteless and simple" host you have? Sorry...I have nothing against tastefully simple at all, in fact I love their stuff but this host she has would be driving me insane with this crap!

overthyme said:
I just buy the plain, quartered hearts (they fit better in the food chopper).

I have to say that since the entire recipe from start to finish only takes about 5 minutes, the guests were very attentive, because I think everyone loves quick and easy.

Also, I have added lump crab meat to the recipe before and a little bit of Old Bay Seasoning. It is really good!!
That does sound easy! I love anything w/ artichokes - and guests are always impressed w/ a 5 minute recipe!

overthyme said:
I just buy the plain, quartered hearts (they fit better in the food chopper).

I have to say that since the entire recipe from start to finish only takes about 5 minutes, the guests were very attentive, because I think everyone loves quick and easy.

Also, I have added lump crab meat to the recipe before and a little bit of Old Bay Seasoning. It is really good!!

Oh yes!!! That is so good. A little worcestershire sauce and a dash of hot sauce gives it a nice perk too! Okay, I am drooling now.

chefdianne said:
Oh yes!!! That is so good. A little worcestershire sauce and a dash of hot sauce gives it a nice perk too! Okay, I am drooling now.

Do you think appetizers for dinner would be appropriate?

I love going to Applebees and ordering the big appetizer platter as dinner!:D

My husband and I have done that a couple of times. The Touchdown Taco dip and a burger! It covers all of the food groups...

overthyme said:
My husband and I have done that a couple of times. The Touchdown Taco dip and a burger! It covers all of the food groups...

Ohhhh -that does sound good! :)

I always get raves from the Fiesta Chicken Dip from the Create-A-Dip section in Stoneware Sensations...

overthyme said:

2 gloves of garlic

This sounds delicious!!!!!:p

ChefBeckyD said:

Oh my gosh! I so prefer apps to real dinner any day!!! It is totally appropriate IMO!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

Ooooohhhhh, so missing the city right now...I love Applebees appetizers...wish we had one here...

Related to Help! Ideas for Making Dip with Limited Pantry Items

1. What pantry items can I use to make dips?

Some common pantry items that can be used to make dips include canned beans, canned tomatoes, canned vegetables, canned tuna, mayonnaise, sour cream, and various spices and herbs.

2. What are some ideas for dips using limited pantry items?

Some ideas for dips using limited pantry items include hummus made with canned chickpeas, salsa made with canned tomatoes and canned corn, tuna dip made with canned tuna and mayonnaise, and homemade ranch dip made with sour cream and various spices.

3. Can I use Jamaican Jerk Rub, Italian Seasoning, Asian Seasoning, or cinnamon for dips?

Yes, all of these spices can be used to add flavor to dips. For example, you can use Jamaican Jerk Rub to make a spicy bean dip, Italian Seasoning to make a creamy tomato dip, Asian Seasoning to make a soy sauce-based dip, and cinnamon to make a sweet and savory dip.

4. I don't want a fruit dip. What other options do I have?

Aside from fruit dips, there are many other types of dips you can make with pantry items. Some ideas include veggie dips, bean dips, cheese dips, and herb dips. You can also get creative and mix and match different ingredients to come up with your own unique dip.

5. How can I politely suggest to my host to use the pantry items I have instead of buying more ingredients?

You can suggest to your host that you are trying to make the most of the limited pantry items you have and that it would be great to come up with creative dip ideas using those items. You can also offer to help her come up with dip recipes using the pantry items instead of buying more ingredients. It's important to communicate and collaborate with your host to come up with a solution that works for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kandi2candy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kandi2candy
  • dldunphy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kreaser