• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help!! Honey Brie Bites - Wrong Pastry!!

In summary, Debbie's host called and said that she couldn't find the phyllo shells for this recipe so she bought pastry. Pampered Chef suggests that the host should either go buy tart shells or crescent rolls, but not both. Debbie offers to go buy the shells and the host accepts. The demo starts at 8 and does not finish until 9. The host informs the guests that the show is a bridal shower for one of the guests and that all the host benefits will go to the bride to be. Pampered Chef was there the entire time.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Hi everyone, My host JUST called and I'm supposed to be there in an hour and a half to say that she didn't find the phyllo shells for this recipe so she bought phyllo pastry!!! What do I do? I've never used that before! She said pick up some shells if you can, if not, improvise I guess! UGH

Should I go buy tart shells? Crescent rolls? HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited:
why not stop at a store on the way and snag some..

Just cut them into rounds, tuck them in the mini muffin pan, and bake them.

Debbie, so I don't need to layer them or anything? There already layered right? I thought they were nightmare pastry that you have to keep moist, butter each layer etc.

Terry, I am actually leaving in 10 min and heading the opposite way into town to see if either of the two grocery stores have them. That town is 20 minutes away. She lives 20 minutes the opposite way and went to the 2 stores in her town..can you tell these are small towns pop 15,000 and the other 12,000?

I've never tried this recipe but saw on here that it was yummy so I offered it to her - explaining that I hadn't tried it. Now we can't find the pastry..ugh

Okay, I just grabbed my MMP just in case (thanks Debbie) but I don't have the cut n seal...any other ideas of what to use to cut the proper size for the MMP?

Measure all cup

Thanks Debbie, you rock! :D :D

Okay...now time to breathe....

"pampered", not perfect! :D

I have found that people love it when you can improvise with a recipe, because that means that they can do it too!Good Luck!

where is this recipe, please??? did I miss it in the new SBCB?

Never mind, I found it in the new App. book! :)

Ugh what a night! I can't say it was the show from H#$@ because I've had worse and so have many other cheffers on here, however it was long and odd for sure!!

I arrived at 6:30 instead of 6:15 due to having to go the other direction 20 minutes into town to check out the two stores for shells, no luck. We were supposed to start at 7 and didn't start until after 8. When her guests arrived (6:50 - 7:15) she hustled them all into the 'parlour' and informed them and myself that we would 'visit and have nibblies' first before the demo. UGH So I got in there with my catalogues of course and got the conversation to PC whenever I could.

Just after 8 I finally got my intro, thank the host, pack info, specials etc done and then into the kitchen at 8:15. THEN the questions started as I started the demo and it wasn't done until 9!!! They wouldn't stop and when I suggested we discuss things later they all agreed they 'weren't hungry now, no hurry' etc so we discussed product after product. At about 9 I finished throwing together the 5 ingredients LOL and then the host (an older british lady) decided that SHE wanted to do the phyllo thank goodness, but we had to melt the butter (no micro) and she wanted sugar between each layer. Another 10 minutes discussing whether we'd do my way (Deb's way) in the MMP using the measure all to cut shells or another way (spreading the filling and then rolling and slicing). They decided my way, she did it and it did NOT work. She used 8 layers!! since another phyllo recipe she has calls for 8 and the measure all would not cut through (ya think?) so she cut squares, put 4 in each cup at a time, then another 4. Some were really small, some large..ugh! I think the recipe was ready to eat about 9:45!!!!

Oh ya, and she informed me and the guests during the 'visiting hour' that this show was a bridal shower for one of the guests there 'kind of but not really' and that all the host benefits would be going to the gal getting married next Monday and that there were no gifts required unless of course they 'wanted to' because some didn't know her (!?!?) and others had already been to two showers for her (!?!?!) The host purchased $120 in products as a guest for the bride to be and only bought a tart shaper for herself. All host benefits except S/B and shopping bag I gave her were the bride to be's.

So with 9 guests, 2 not buying - bride to be and her mom - that makes 7 plus host now buying as guest makes 8 orders. One guest didn't order because she's combining her order with a friend who couldn't make it and couldn't remember what the friend wanted. So down to 7 orders, the show is still just shy of $800 and the one who needs to combine with friend gave me a signed blank cheque and will email me tomorrow and said to expect about $50. So we're over $800. Phew!! Thank goodness because it was a PITA. I didn't get home until after 11 and left at 5:15 to head into my town to look for shells for her. 6 hours!! I didn't leave until just before 11 because the host wanted the bride to be/new host to pick out all her free products and host specials before I left so we can close tomorrow night.

A very nice paycheque for one night's work, plus 3 half price neither wanted and they offered to me but man what a pain it was!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help! I won't be making these again unless I find the shells. I even bought tart shells and brought them but she wanted the phyllo sheets instead. I wonder if they're even offered in Canada..4 major grocery stores and noone has even heard of them. Hmm

I'm in Canada too Jodi and made these last week with the same problem about the pastry. We cant seem to find the phyllo shells anywhere and had to improvise with the phyllo pastry sheets. It worked out great but I dont think I'd be making these again unless i can find the shells.Cause I agree, a major PITA.
But still, for all those long hours, an $800 show is still fantastic!

Puff pastry is very different than regular Phyllo dough thin paper like sheets. I wonder how crescent dough sheets would work in their place?

Amanda do you mean rolling out crescent rolls and leaving in a sheet or is there something that is actually called crescent roll sheets because if so, we don't have that in Canada either! :(

What I'd like to know is who to contact at HO to determine if they know for a fact they are available on a regular basis in major grocery stores in Canada, and if not, then why put it in our S/B and what do they now recommend as a substitute?

Last edited:
Wow, what a night. But $800 is quite good.

CAPCnewbie said:
I'm in Canada too Jodi and made these last week with the same problem about the pastry. We cant seem to find the phyllo shells anywhere and had to improvise with the phyllo pastry sheets. It worked out great but I dont think I'd be making these again unless i can find the shells.Cause I agree, a major PITA.
But still, for all those long hours, an $800 show is still fantastic!

I'm sorry to hear you're having no luck with these either but I am glad that it's not just me :)

Went to four stores here in LA and could only find mini phyllo shells at a very high-end specialty store. After all that, my host's oven broke! We put slices of brie on Triscuits, topped with the apple mixture and microwaved on her small bar pan. Everyone loved them anyway, but I won't be offering this recipe again any time soon.

Wow--won't be doing that recipe!And I've only done 2 catalog shows and 1 cooking show so far and I'm SO glad that my hostess was ALL business! Way to stay cool when the going gets tough---at least you had good sales and THREE half price items? I'd probably hurt someone for that :D

Jodi, at my store, these cups are located in the freezer section. They are Athens brand.

Here is a link to their products: The shells are at the top of the second column - maybe seeing a picture of the box might help.?

http://www.athensfoods.com/products/consumer.aspx

They also have a "where to buy" section.

Thanks Kathleen. I did scour the freezer section thoroughly I thought plus asked management for help but I'll take a look at your link and see if that helps since I'm a visual gal :) I've also emailed my director to ask if she's made them and if so where did she find the shells and if not, who to contact on the Canada side of HO to ask about where to purchase or a suitable alternative.

Okay I checked the list of 'where to buy' and the only place we have here is WalMart and the super centre didn't have them and never heard of them...I think there is a Food Land 2 hours away but that's the only Food Land I've ever seen and it may even be closed down by now. We don't have any of the other stores in Ontario. I'm hoping my director will get back to me ASAP. Thanks again!

kcjodih said:
Okay I checked the list of 'where to buy' and the only place we have here is WalMart and the super centre didn't have them and never heard of them...I think there is a Food Land 2 hours away but that's the only Food Land I've ever seen and it may even be closed down by now. We don't have any of the other stores in Ontario. I'm hoping my director will get back to me ASAP. Thanks again!

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be be! Our store does not carry so many of the items I need for various PC recipes. I end up running to 4 different stores sometimes. But, I guess it is entirely possible that you may not have these in Canada. :(

I had a nightmare $800 party. The hostess went to take a shower 10 minutes after the party started, the house was a complete disaster 30 minutes before I showed up - so instead of setting up I was vacuuming, her hallway is narrow and dark and I put a plate in the hallway - apparently their kid's potty chair is in the hallway and that is where the kids go to the bathroom so she made a huge deal about the plate being on the potty chair you couldn't see in the dark; the onion she had was rotten in the middle, the garlic was hard as a rock, the 4 cats that take residence in her 800 sq ft. trailer home meow'ed the whole time, she didn't have a kitchen timer so some things got burned in the oven... it goes on and on.

I didn't find the phyllo cups and bought Pasty puff instead (cuz I don't really care for phyllo anyways) hope that works instead! ;)

This is one of the biggest reasons why I always try out a recipe before offering it. I want to make sure that all of the ingredients are readily available in my area. My HD ran into this with the DeLeche thing from the last SB. She wanted to offer it but then discovered that she couldn't find it anywhere within a 50 mile radius of us!

I actually saw the cups at the market I usually go to (prices are much lower than other area supermarkets). I was quite surprised that they had them there. They weren't on a shelf or anything, just a small display in the produce/freezer section. Sorry that you had such a long night, but $800 is fabulous for it though!

1. Can I use a different type of pastry for the Honey Brie Bites?

Yes, you can use any type of puff pastry for this recipe, such as phyllo dough or crescent rolls. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

2. Can I substitute the brie cheese for a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use any type of melty cheese for this recipe, such as camembert or goat cheese. However, the taste and texture may vary slightly.

3. Can I make the Honey Brie Bites ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make the Honey Brie Bites ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 375°F for 5-7 minutes, or until warm and crispy.

4. Can I freeze the Honey Brie Bites?

Yes, you can freeze the Honey Brie Bites before baking them. Just place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid. Then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag and store for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, just add a few extra minutes to the baking time.

5. Can I add additional toppings to the Honey Brie Bites?

Yes, you can customize the toppings for the Honey Brie Bites to your liking. Some popular options include chopped nuts, dried cranberries, or a drizzle of honey on top. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
Staci
  • momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies