• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help for Computer Illiterate: P3 CD Troubleshooting

In summary, the P3 cd is an install disc for the latest version of P3. If you've been getting the updates, you don't need to install it. However, someone posted that if you're having problems with P3, don't use the auto update. Go to CC, and use the link to the manual update for it.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I am computer illiterate:confused:....so someone please help me! LOL

My P3 has been running slow and freezing up on me, and I just got my changeover kit for fall and it has a cd in there for P3... Will running this new
P3 cd help with correcting some of that? What exactly is that P3 cd for??

That's an install disc for the latest version. If you've been getting the updates, you don't need to install it. But someone posted that if you're having problems with P3, don't use the auto update. Go to CC, and use the link to the manual update for it.

chefann said:
That's an install disc for the latest version. If you've been getting the updates, you don't need to install it. But someone posted that if you're having problems with P3, don't use the auto update. Go to CC, and use the link to the manual update for it.

What she said. Tech support advises using the version on CC whenever there's a need to manually update.

Ok - I have a P3 question -

Is there any way that we can link our contact information from our shows that we put on P3 over to our personal website? In other words - I have all the information guests give me at shows on P3 - besides actually manually typing that information in on my PWS - is there a way to do it computerwise?

IF SO............ can someone type it up in word? or email it to me??

In P3, go to Tools > Personal Website Synchronization. That will sync your contacts between P3 and PWS.

ok - I am doing it now - what is the cleanup part Ann?

And now all those contact information will be tranferred to my PWS?

oooo I did it - thank you so much Ann!!!!!

You're welcome. If you sync them once a month or so (depending on how many contacts you add in a typical month), you'll keep your databases cleaned up and it'll take less time.

Thank you again - I am so excited!!!! Maybe I will get a booking out of this!

chefann said:

Thanks! yeah it has been getting pretty annoying. I will be right in the middle of putting in show orders and the program will freeze and I have to end up shutting it off and restarting it again.

PamperedDor said:
ok - I am doing it now - what is the cleanup part Ann?

The clean up part helps you to eliminate any duplicates (i.e., Sue Smith is the same person as Suzanne Smith, but you had her keyed in P3 as Sue and she placed an order on your PWS as Suzanne). Once you clean them up, you'll only have one entry per person on both your PWS and P3. I LOVE the synchronization - it's AWESOME!!! :)

1. How do I install the P3 CD on my computer?

To install the P3 CD on your computer, simply insert the CD into your computer's disc drive. The installation process should start automatically. If it doesn't, you can manually open the CD and click on the "setup" or "install" file to start the installation process.

2. I keep getting error messages when trying to use the P3 CD. What should I do?

If you are receiving error messages while trying to use the P3 CD, first make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the CD. If it does, try restarting your computer and trying again. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Can I use the P3 CD on a Mac computer?

Unfortunately, the P3 CD is only compatible with Windows computers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, many of our recipes and tips can be accessed through our website, which is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.

4. I accidentally deleted some files from the P3 CD. How can I recover them?

If you have accidentally deleted some files from the P3 CD, you can try using a file recovery software to retrieve them. However, we recommend making a backup of the CD files before attempting to recover them. You can also contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Can I install the P3 CD on multiple computers?

Yes, you can install the P3 CD on multiple computers as long as they are all owned and used by the same person. The CD is not licensed for use on multiple computers by different individuals. If you need additional copies for family members or friends, please purchase additional CDs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003