• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help~Best Appetizer~No Cooking?!!?

don't think I have ever been able to find Bibb lettuce when I make this recipe (the day after I serve it sure) so I just serve with whatever lettuce is in the store, Club crackers or Wheat Thins. Yum-Yum-Yummy!!If she doesn't want to clean her oven, how about her microwave? Many of the hot dips are good in the micro. If not, the Clubhouse Chicken Squares or Apple Berry Salsa are always a big hit. The Artichoke Tapenade (That Cath posted) sounds really good too.The Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Dip just cook the bacon ahead of time.
sarahlegare
My hostess wants to do appetizers, but something that we don't have to cook:confused: :confused: HELP!!!

Crudites? With dips made from the seasoning mixes. Friut with a nice sweet dip - the creme for the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries would be nice. A salad?
Or am I heading in a different direction?

How about the tomato and basil bruschetta from IGFY book? Since we don't have the bread tubes anymore, you could just slice bread. bring it toasted or just serve it on the bread soft?

What about the Club House Chicken Squares from the All the Best cookbook. You could make the base at home before you go. Nothing else is cooked just added on top.
2 packages (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp mayo
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp All Purpose Dill Mix (optional)
1 can (10 oz.) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 small cucumber
2 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 375° F. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of the bar pan with longest sides of dough across the width of the pan. Repeat with other package. Use the baker's roller to seal the perforations and press up the sides to form a crust. Bake 12-15 minutes, till golden, then remove to stackable cooling rack and cool completely. Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, dill and pepper until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over cream cheese. Cut and serve.These are really yummy!
Keri-LynETA: Oops the bacon has to be cooked ahead of time too.

Last edited:
Is she opposed to the microwave? If you make the wonton chips at home ahead of time, the crab rangoon dip is delish!

FAVORITE! Apple Berry Salsa! No question!

--Jenny L

Thanks everyone!! I'll definately run these by her!! My thought is she's SUPER ANAL about her kitchen being clean...I know her, a little anyway, and she seems the type to be meticulous! She mentioned not wanting to have to clean her oven~I'm sure it's 10x cleaner than most of my hosts, KWIM?!? Should be a really good show though! Thanks all!:D

What if you did the Avocado Salsa cups (from the SB cookbook) and just pre-made the tortilla cups. Then you can just demo the filling.

The following no-bake appetizer is always a hit with my hostess/guests. It's from last year's SBRC. The Pampered Chef ®
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
Recipe1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt
Homemade Flatbread (optional)Drain artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes using small Colander. Place artichokes, tomatoes, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, pine nuts, parsley and salt on Cutting Board; finely chop together using Food Chopper. Serve with Homemade Flatbread, if desired.Yield: 12 servingsNutrients per serving: (1 tablespoon): Calories 20, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber less than 1 gIt fits nicely in my Simple Additions small square that came with the kit.

The Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps are my fave!! They are soooo delicious! I have never been able to find Bibb lettuce when I make this recipe (the day after I serve it sure) so I just serve with whatever lettuce is in the store, Club crackers or Wheat Thins. Yum-Yum-Yummy!!

If she doesn't want to clean her oven, how about her microwave? Many of the hot dips are good in the micro. If not, the Clubhouse Chicken Squares or Apple Berry Salsa are always a big hit. The Artichoke Tapenade (That Cath posted) sounds really good too.

ALSO THE BACON ,lettus and tomato dip , just cook the bacon ahead of time

PC_CPR said:
The following no-bake appetizer is always a hit with my hostess/guests. It's from last year's SBRC.

The Pampered Chef ®
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
Recipe

1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt
Homemade Flatbread (optional)

Drain artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes using small Colander. Place artichokes, tomatoes, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, pine nuts, parsley and salt on Cutting Board; finely chop together using Food Chopper. Serve with Homemade Flatbread, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 tablespoon): Calories 20, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

It fits nicely in my Simple Additions small square that came with the kit.
This is SOOOO good!

For a sweet "appetizer" - the new double chocolate cinnamon dip with apples is delish!

Has anyone made the Avocado Salsa Cups? I was cooking with my recruit Tuesday and those prepared tortilla squares just would not stay in those mini muffin cups and make a cup shape. I used 11 " Burrito tortillas and followed the directions in the Fall 07 Season's Best. They were good but trying to make it work was time consuming and we ended up having to cut the 6" squares into triangles and arrange in the cups. This doesn't hold in the ingredients as well and isn't as pretty. Practice this before a show--this problem really is a time waster. Does anyone have any experience with this recipes and any tips? The avocado salsa is delicious!!

chefjwr said:
Has anyone made the Avocado Salsa Cups? I was cooking with my recruit Tuesday and those prepared tortilla squares just would not stay in those mini muffin cups and make a cup shape. I used 11 " Burrito tortillas and followed the directions in the Fall 07 Season's Best. They were good but trying to make it work was time consuming and we ended up having to cut the 6" squares into triangles and arrange in the cups. This doesn't hold in the ingredients as well and isn't as pretty. Practice this before a show--this problem really is a time waster. Does anyone have any experience with this recipes and any tips? The avocado salsa is delicious!!

They can be tricky. What I found that helps is to spray the tortillas with some vegetable oil (using the kitchen spritzer) before cutting them. This softens them up a bit, and helps them stay in the cups better.
Also - the brand of tortilla seems to make a difference. I was making them with part Azteca brand, and part with some tortillas from Aldi's.....and the ones from Aldi's worked much better. Held their shape, didn't crack or tear, and looked prettier once baked!

Wonton wrappers also make a good substitute for those who just can't get the tortillas down...

Thinner tortillas work better than the thick ones, too. There's too much "spring" in the thick ones, and they want to pop out of the cups.

What I used that did not work well at all (even with lots of oil and cutting slits on all 4 corners) was the Tia Rosa 8 Flour Tortillas Burrito Size --just regular white tortillas--not diet or whole wheat-still no go. Don't use them--it doesn't work. Anyone have some brands that did work?
Ann--you are right. The tortillas I detail above are quite thick and me and my recruit think that it was the problem.
Janet--wonton wrapper--great idea. I will not use this recipe at a party until I have made it work. I hope your idea will help with this.

Related to Help~Best Appetizer~No Cooking?!!?

1. What are some easy no-cook appetizers?

Some easy no-cook appetizers include a charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, and crackers, a veggie platter with dips, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basil, fruit skewers, and deviled eggs.

2. How do I make a delicious no-cook dip?

To make a delicious no-cook dip, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and your choice of seasonings. You can also add in diced vegetables or shredded cheese for added flavor. Serve with crackers, chips, or vegetables for dipping.

3. What are some creative no-cook appetizers?

Some creative no-cook appetizers include caprese salad skewers, cucumber bites with hummus and roasted red peppers, smoked salmon and cream cheese roll-ups, antipasto skewers, and watermelon feta skewers.

4. Can I make a no-cook appetizer ahead of time?

Yes, many no-cook appetizers can be made ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble them right before serving to ensure freshness and optimal presentation.

5. How do I keep no-cook appetizers fresh for a party?

To keep no-cook appetizers fresh for a party, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can also keep them chilled by placing them on a bed of ice or using a chilled serving platter. Avoid leaving them out at room temperature for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies