• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Asap! Question About Stoneware

In summary, stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware that is durable and non-porous due to being fired at high temperatures. To use stoneware, preheat it in the oven or use it in the microwave. Cleaning stoneware is easy with warm water and a gentle scrub brush, but avoid using harsh chemicals or dishwashers. Stoneware should not be used on the stovetop, and only nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils should be used to avoid scratching the surface. To season stoneware, rub it with cooking oil and bake it in the oven before use, and continue to season periodically for best results.
nickywsn
I am making the creamy caramel apple braid to bring to a function at work tomorrow. I need to make it tonight but I don't want to bake it until tomorrow morning so it will be warm when I get to work. Will it hurt my rectangle stone if I make it tonight and put stone and all in my fridge tonight and then pop it in the oven in the morning?

As long as the stone is at room temp. it should be fine. HTH

If you're worried, couldn't you make it on parchment paper in the fridge, then transfer to the stone in the morning?

this is what I've always done and I have had my large round stone for over 8 years now. I put the stone in the oven and then turn it on, I don't preheat the oven. Then my stone heats up with the oven and it doesn't shock it! I just add about an extra 5 minutes to my timer! Try it! ;) :) It works, I do it with Lasagna in my baker and cookies that I've put on a stone and put in the fridge and made the next day. That case you're not dealing with trying to make things room temperature and it works beautifully!:D ;)

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear you're making the delicious creamy caramel apple braid for your work function tomorrow. It's always a hit!To answer your question, it is perfectly fine to make the braid tonight and refrigerate it with the rectangle stone. Our stones are designed to withstand extreme temperature changes, so putting it in the fridge overnight will not harm it at all. In fact, it will help the braid stay fresh before baking it in the morning.Just remember to let the stone come to room temperature before placing it in the oven to avoid any potential cracking. And as always, make sure to preheat your oven before baking the braid for best results.I hope this helps and I'm sure your coworkers will love the creamy caramel apple braid. Happy baking!

Related to Help Asap! Question About Stoneware

What is stoneware and how do I use it?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware that is made from clay fired at very high temperatures, resulting in a durable, non-porous surface. To use stoneware, simply preheat it in the oven before adding your food. You can also use it in the microwave, but avoid sudden temperature changes to prevent cracking.

How do I clean my stoneware?

Cleaning stoneware is easy! Simply let it cool completely before washing it with warm water and a gentle scrub brush. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the seasoning on the stoneware. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water. Never put stoneware in the dishwasher.

Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not meant to be used on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only. Using stoneware on the stovetop can cause it to crack or break.

Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

We recommend using only nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils on stoneware to avoid scratching the surface. Metal utensils can damage the seasoning on the stoneware and affect its non-stick properties.

How do I season my stoneware?

Seasoning stoneware helps to create a natural non-stick surface and improve its performance. To season your stoneware, rub a small amount of cooking oil onto the surface and bake it in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Repeat this process a few times before using your stoneware for the first time. You may also continue to season it periodically to maintain its non-stick properties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefann
  • tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • msunn1973