• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! 70% Chance Rain at Tommorrow's Bazaar!

In summary, the vendor claims they didn't realize their mistake until later in the day, and despite the fact that they had a spot reserved, no one else showed up to sell so it was a waste of time. They did manage to sell some duplicates and flyers, and are looking forward to booking more shows in the future.
PC_CPR
Hello!
I'm trying to quickly think about how to scale down my table in light of the rain (and no tent!). Any thoughts for those of you hanging around here late? Thanks!

Simple Additions and Cookware. Everything else could be ruined. Take a couple of umbrellas. See if you can get one that you can attach to a table to cover your paperwork. You might want to take a couple of catalogs and cut off the spine and place them in page protectors in binders.

Thanks, Kate! You're right about the products!

You might even want to run a rain sale. If they make an order while it is raining they get 10% off or free shipping to their home or something.

Now, keep in mind that I have no idea of the setup, so this may seem far fetched (actually, I believe it IS far fetched :rolleyes: ), but what kind of vehicle do you drive? If you have a van or suv, you could back up to your table and open the back and set somethings up in there.

Yes, I know, I think I'm crazy too!! LOL.....but it is almost midnight afterall!!!

Oooh...I like that idea. You could show people how they can tailgate with PC.

We had 90% chance of rain today so my booth was cancelled :mad:

I like the idea of offering something special (discount, special drawing, etc) for those that brave the weather.

Oooooo....how about a little theme to your special, "Rainy Days and Bad Kitchen Tools Always Get Me Down". (Like the song..Rainy Days and Monday's Always Get Me Down :sing: Thought I'd add that since you can't hear me singing where you are....you're lucky! :D )

display as much as you can in baskets or bins so you can run to the car quickly and take a helper

Thanks everyone! I did pull up the minivan and my DH went with me. It did not rain but foot traffic was slow! Got some good leads that I hope pan out!

That's great Cath! Hopefully, it will have been worth it for you! :)

Holiday BazaarI had a Holiday Bazaar today too. It was slow!! :(

But I did manage to sell some duplicate items I had on hand and talked to a couple of ladies who want to book shows. That was the only good thing about the whole day. It was HOT!! I didn't bring a canopy, but thank the Lord the people right next to me selling jewelry were as nice as can be and let me sit under theirs when there was no one coming to my table (which was a large part of the time) and we chatted. She is having a show for me next month, I hope! No definite date yet.

It was the first time this event ever took place but the advertisements they did on the radio, TV, and newspaper didn't really reel any people in. It was mostly teachers that were in a meeting coming to browse but some informed me they don't get paid until next Friday. I hope they do order online. They were cheap! LOL
They all seemed to browse the tables but didn't buy anything. It was a waste of time for me. I hope those shows pan out and I get some shows from it. It was $35 for my spot. I did manage to sell some of my duplicate products. I made cool flyers about gift baskets to show people and didn't get to show anybody anything. I am so glad I didn't spend any money making lots of copies for nothing. I printed a few things from my own computer.

Debbie :D

Two of the same vendorI thought there was going to be a fight between two Mary Kay ladies! :eek:

It seems the sponsor said they didn't catch the mistake until today! :rolleyes:

I don't buy that. It seems they were going to let another PC lady sell but I just happened to call and make sure I was the only one since I paid pretty much before anyone. I got a sweet spot right in front by the food, music, bathrooms and security! The lady I spoke to told me that she would tell that consultant I was already signed up for the table. But only because I called to find out. She asked me if I wouldn't mind. I said yes I would. I paid for the spot first and usually sponsors don't allow more than one of the same vendor unless they are on the same cluster team or agreeing to work together. I knew it would be slow enough and since my recruit didn't come with me after all, I was on my own!

Debbie :D

Related to Help! 70% Chance Rain at Tommorrow's Bazaar!

1. Will the bazaar be cancelled if there is a 70% chance of rain tomorrow?

No, the bazaar will still take place as scheduled. Our team will be prepared for any weather conditions and will have tents and other coverings available for our vendors and customers.

2. Will there be any changes to the bazaar's location or time if it rains?

No, the bazaar will still take place at its designated location and time. If there are any changes, we will notify our vendors and customers as soon as possible.

3. What should I do if my products get damaged by rain during the bazaar?

If your products do get damaged, please notify our team at the bazaar and we will work with you to find a solution. We understand that weather can be unpredictable and we want to ensure the best experience for our vendors and customers.

4. Can I get a refund if I am unable to attend the bazaar due to the rain?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds for vendors who are unable to attend the bazaar due to weather conditions. However, we do offer the option to transfer your spot to another vendor if needed.

5. Will there be any accommodations for customers if it rains during the bazaar?

Yes, we will have tents and other coverings available for our customers to browse and shop comfortably. We want to ensure that everyone has a great experience at the bazaar, rain or shine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcheatham08
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amgreen66
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Jennie50