• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello, My Name Is Amy, and I Talk to Strangers.

In summary, a group at Olive Garden was celebrating a birthday and were impressed by a cheese grater brought by their waitress. The narrator's 3 year old wished the birthday girl a happy birthday and later the narrator, who sells kitchen tools, offered the birthday girl a business card. This caught the attention of the birthday girl's mother who booked a show with the narrator. The narrator's 3 year old also learned about stranger danger during this encounter. Others in the group also shared similar stories of how they talk about the narrator's products.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
So we went to Olive Garden tonight for dinner. The table behind us is full for a birthday party and the birthday girl is back to back with me. They are all 'ohhing and ahhhing' over the cheese grater that the waitress brought by with the salad. Each time the waitress came over they asked for more cheese with the grater and the birthday girl later asked for her to just leave it at the table. The waitress came over and sang happy birthday to the girl. My 3yr old turns around and says 'happy birthday!'. When they go to leave I stopped the birthday girl and handed her a business card and said 'I saw how much you enjoyed the grater if you need something like it give me a call I sell many kitchen tools that can help you make a quick meal.' Her mom heard me and asked 'do you do Pampered Chef?' I said 'yes' and her mama booked a show! They left and the rest of dinner I was told about how 'it is bad to talk to strangers and they could have taken me' so on and so forth by my 3 yr old. But I got a show! I never just talk to people about PC normally I wear my logo wear or my catalog tote and they ask me. So proud of myself!

Wooo hooooo! This is the only subject about which mommies are allowed to talk to strangers.

chefmoseley said:
So we went to Olive Garden tonight for dinner. The table behind us is full for a birthday party and the birthday girl is back to back with me. They are all 'ohhing and ahhhing' over the cheese grater that the waitress brought by with the salad. Each time the waitress came over they asked for more cheese with the grater and the birthday girl later asked for her to just leave it at the table. The waitress came over and sang happy birthday to the girl. My 3yr old turns around and says 'happy birthday!'. When they go to leave I stopped the birthday girl and handed her a business card and said 'I saw how much you enjoyed the grater if you need something like it give me a call I sell many kitchen tools that can help you make a quick meal.' Her mom heard me and asked 'do you do Pampered Chef?' I said 'yes' and her mama booked a show! They left and the rest of dinner I was told about how 'it is bad to talk to strangers and they could have taken me' so on and so forth by my 3 yr old. But I got a show! I never just talk to people about PC normally I wear my logo wear or my catalog tote and they ask me. So proud of myself!

haha. atleast you know your 3 yo listens to you :D
congrats on stepping out of your boundaries!

Way to go! Good for you putting yourself out there. And good for you teaching your 3 year old stranger danger!

That is so funny! I took my Gram there for lunch recently and she marveled at the cheese grater. I said "Gram I sell that, would you like that for Christmas?" Of course she said yes!! (she is hard to buy for so I will get a wedge of cheese and give her her new grater!)

What an awesome story! Hopefully she will book for JANUARY!

woohoo! congrats! Of course I loved you putting in the 3 yos lecture! too cute!

Cute story and good sucess with your booking. Now for me I am the one who is usually telling my 5 yr old girl to not to talk strangers... The other day we were shopping and we were walking by the kitchen isle and a lady was looking at some grinders and my daughter says " my mommie sells those" and I am sure they are better then those... I just laughin and trying to get her to come with me and the lady asked me what do you do I told her I sell pampered chef and she gave me an order and even order the grinder. She is like my sales lady billboard she tells everyone all the time it seems like.

Woo Hoo for you Amy! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! :)

And, Christina, I must teach My 4YO that! LOL

christinaspc said:
Cute story and good sucess with your booking. Now for me I am the one who is usually telling my 5 yr old girl to not to talk strangers... The other day we were shopping and we were walking by the kitchen isle and a lady was looking at some grinders and my daughter says " my mommie sells those" and I am sure they are better then those... I just laughin and trying to get her to come with me and the lady asked me what do you do I told her I sell pampered chef and she gave me an order and even order the grinder. She is like my sales lady billboard she tells everyone all the time it seems like.
My 9 year old DS is also a walking commercial for me. He's constantly telling people about how much he loves Pampered Chef and the things that they NEED! Since he's an only child and there are only 3 of us, he came up with a plan to get all of his buddies' moms to book shows and the ones that have $1K shows will be put in a drawing for their kid to use our 4th ticket to Disney World! It's been a pretty funny joke lately.

Last edited:
That's a cute idea Christy! LOL! My grandson is only 2 so he doesn't do that yet. Although when I was packing the Mini-Whipper to take to a booth today, he said, "Mine!" I told him I knew that but I had to take it but I would bring it back. We let him scramble his eggs with it and he loves it!

Way to go, Amy! I too am stepping out of my comfort zone to get to Disney next year! WOOHOO!

How awesome is that??
I haven't ever talked to someone at a restaurant about PC (not yet at least), but on our anniversary while we were at Red Lobster, I saw a table by us celebrating a birthday and overheard the conversation partly where they said "we are celebrating her 93rd birthday". Well, I couldn't leave w/o saying something. So on our way out, I stopped by and told them that I couldn't help overhearing and that I wanted to wish her a happy b-day too. She was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and honestly, didn't look like she could've been more than 70!!! She told me that she had 3 other sisters, 1 was 103, 1 was 97 and the other was 89. How about that??? She had the most beautiful, unclouded blue eyes - no glasses, no hearing aids and smart as a whip!! Her great-great granddaughter was at the b-day dinner with them. It was really neat.
(Sorry that was long, but just had to share!)

wow! well done, Amy. It feels so good when you step out of your comfort zone & find success. Keep it up. I think your story inspired a few of us to step it up a bit today :)

Way To Go!

note to self: go to Olive Garden next week for lunch!!

Way to go! That is fantastic! And to book her on the spot?!?!? You should send that to HO!!

christinaspc said:

I laughed so hard. That's something my five year old would say too. She's Sooo honest.

Related to Hello, My Name Is Amy, and I Talk to Strangers.

1. What is "Hello, My Name Is Amy, and I Talk to Strangers" about?

"Hello, My Name Is Amy, and I Talk to Strangers" is a book written by Amy Newmark, the founder and publisher of Chicken Soup for the Soul. It is a collection of real-life stories about the power of connecting with strangers and the impact it can have on our lives.

2. How did the idea for this book come about?

The idea for this book came from Amy's personal experience of connecting with strangers and how it has enriched her life. She also noticed how many people have similar experiences and decided to compile them into a book to inspire others to connect with strangers.

3. Is this book only for extroverts?

No, this book is for everyone. "Hello, My Name Is Amy, and I Talk to Strangers" includes stories from people of all personalities and backgrounds, showing that anyone can benefit from connecting with strangers.

4. Are the stories in this book true?

Yes, all the stories in this book are true and submitted by real people. Amy and her team at Chicken Soup for the Soul carefully review and select the stories that are included in their books.

5. How can connecting with strangers benefit us?

Connecting with strangers can lead to unexpected friendships, opportunities, and personal growth. It can also help us break out of our comfort zones, gain new perspectives, and feel more connected to our communities and the world.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
merego
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Gina M