• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heat Resistance of Bamboo Spoons: Helping a Candy Business Succeed

In summary, the heat resistance of bamboo spoons can vary but on average they can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. They are suitable for cooking candy as they are heat resistant and gentle on non-stick cookware. To maintain their heat resistance, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water and avoid using harsh cleaning agents. Bamboo spoons can also be used for other cooking tasks such as stirring and serving, but should not be used for cutting or chopping ingredients.
JBigler
I have a customer who has her own candy business and is looking for a high heat spoon. Does anyone know what heat our bamboo spoons can withstand and not crack?

Thanks!

I'd call or e-mail the test kitchens.

I used the Mega Scraper for toffee at Christmas and it was fantastic. Long handle and can withstand the high heat.

I made toffee this year for Christmas and used both the mix and scrape and bamboo spoons, I had no problems with either one. I think (without looking at the recipe) toffee gets to 300-400 degrees to be considered a hard crack.

The catalog states that the Mix 'n Scrapers are heat resistant to 650 degrees....

Related to Heat Resistance of Bamboo Spoons: Helping a Candy Business Succeed

What is the heat resistance of bamboo spoons?

The heat resistance of bamboo spoons varies depending on the quality and thickness of the bamboo. However, on average, bamboo spoons can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Can bamboo spoons be used for cooking candy?

Yes, bamboo spoons are a great choice for cooking candy as they are heat resistant and do not conduct heat as quickly as metal utensils. This makes them perfect for stirring and mixing hot sugar mixtures.

Are bamboo spoons safe to use with non-stick cookware?

Yes, bamboo spoons are safe to use with non-stick cookware as they are gentle on the surface and will not scratch or damage it. Just be sure to avoid using them with sharp or jagged edges that could potentially damage the non-stick coating.

How should bamboo spoons be cared for to maintain their heat resistance?

To maintain the heat resistance of bamboo spoons, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid leaving them to soak in water or using harsh cleaning agents as this can damage the bamboo and reduce its heat resistance.

Can bamboo spoons be used for other types of cooking besides candy making?

Yes, bamboo spoons can be used for a variety of cooking tasks such as stirring sauces, batters, and soups. They are also great for mixing and serving salads and other cold dishes. However, it is not recommended to use them for cutting or chopping ingredients as this can damage the bamboo and reduce its heat resistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • babywings76