• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using door hangers for advertising in your neighborhood?

G
Geoo
I know there are some restrictions about advertising but has anyone tried those doorhangers that pizza places use sometimes? Basically, they have advertisment on both sides and a hole on one end, with a slit in the paper so that you can slip them onto a door handle or doorknob.

We just moved to a new neighborhood with alot of houses and I thought it might be a good word to get some leads.

Jim

I have some blank ones if you need them!
I never got around to doing this...

You might check with your City ordinances on that...and also with your HOA if you plan on using them in your own neighborhood. As HOA President in my neighborhood- I have fielded TONS of questions from our homeowners who generally are not happy to get these on their doors or cars.

Door hangers and any advertising is against City ordinance in my city, but of course we still get tons of them. The problem arises when you are caught putting them on doors. For big companies such as Pizza parlors, they hire guys (day laborers) to do it...and can deny any involvement if those guys are caught. If your ad says you are an Independent Consultant...well...it is much harder to escape having any knowledge of the advertisement being handed out.
Again this is all comes into play only if it is against ordinance. :rolleyes:

Also note if the house has a sign saying No solicitation that you generally can't hang a solicitation on it either.

This is one person who just tosses stuff that appears on her doorstep unbidden. If there are enough like me, legal or not, it may not be worth your while.

^ugh, I have one of those signs and NO ONE abides by it. It's so frustrating. I don't know if I'd do the door hanger thing, I'm one of those people that toss anything left on my porch or door handle.

Anyone ever tried leaving the mini-catalogs on doors? When I was a kid, my grandma was a higher level Avon lady and we'd spend many summer mornings banding Avon books to doorknobs. I don't know what her return was, but it seems getting a catalog would be better than just a door hanger, lets people shop right away.

David

dbarkman said:
Anyone ever tried leaving the mini-catalogs on doors? When I was a kid, my grandma was a higher level Avon lady and we'd spend many summer mornings banding Avon books to doorknobs. I don't know what her return was, but it seems getting a catalog would be better than just a door hanger, lets people shop right away.

David

My experience with Avon Ladies is that they leave the books, but then they call or stop by to see if there is anything you want to order.
People won't call you - so if you decide to leave mini catalogs, you would need to be the one to follow up for the orders.

We bought some door hanger bags from "U-line" and placed some of our leftover Fall/Winter Catalogs with an introductory letter in each one. I walked a few neighborhoods, placing the hangers on random houses, specifically avoiding the ones that had "For Sale", "For Rent" or "No Solicitation" signs out front. I also avoided the ones that obviously needed yard work and/or major maintenance.

My letter started by mentioning the high cost of eating out and offered a "time-saving" alternative. I "briefly" explained cooking shows, catalog shows, web site orders and business opportunities. My letters had my name, my consultant number, two phone numbers, a fax number, email address and the URL for my PC web site.

The response was a BIG FAT ZERO! I have plenty of hanger bags left, however I'm going to wait until "Fall" before I try it again... Arizona gets a tad warm this time of year!

1. What is the effectiveness of using door hangers for advertising in a neighborhood?

The effectiveness of door hangers as an advertising method can vary depending on several factors such as the target audience, the design and messaging of the door hanger, and the frequency of distribution. However, studies have shown that door hangers have a higher potential for grabbing attention and generating leads compared to other forms of advertising, especially in a neighborhood setting.

2. Are there any restrictions or regulations for using door hangers for advertising?

Yes, there may be restrictions or regulations in some areas regarding the use of door hangers for advertising. It is important to check with your local government or homeowner's association to ensure that you are following any guidelines or obtaining necessary permits before distributing door hangers in a neighborhood.

3. How do door hangers with a hole and slit work for hanging on doors?

Door hangers with a hole and slit are designed to easily slip onto door handles or knobs. The hole allows for the door hanger to be hung securely, while the slit allows for easy removal without damaging the door. This design is commonly used by pizza places and other businesses for their door hanger advertisements.

4. Has anyone had success using door hangers for advertising in a neighborhood?

Many businesses have reported success with using door hangers for advertising in a neighborhood. However, the effectiveness may vary depending on the industry, target audience, and other factors. It is important to track the results of your door hanger campaign and make any necessary adjustments for optimal success.

5. Can using door hangers in a new neighborhood help generate leads?

Yes, using door hangers in a new neighborhood can be an effective way to generate leads. Since door hangers have a high potential for grabbing attention and are targeted to a specific area, they can help increase brand awareness and attract potential customers in the neighborhood. However, the success of this method may also depend on other factors such as the design and messaging of the door hanger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lara blake
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cheftonia
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • pmprdRN2