• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever hosted an online bridal shower before? Share your tips and ideas!

In summary, the easiest way to set up an online bridal shower is for the bride to set it up herself and have a catalog show as well as an email registry. Guests can print out the item pages to give to the bride as gifts.
4mygirls
I have a bride who wants to have an on-line bridal shower. I am not sure how to set this up. I really do not want to use the wedding registry because I am scared that people will get confused and order directly from that. Has anyone done this before and what tips/ideas can you give me?!?!
Thank you

Bobbi

Have you asked the bride what exactly she has in mind? Does she envision using something like Facebook or something like Skype? Or does she envision stretching it out for a longer period of time (a week, two weeks) and it kind of becomes a registry anyway?

She wants to leave it open for a few weeks. The majority of the contact will be via email. I just want her to receive more credit than what the registry has to offer. Then after the shower we will set up her registry with the items she did not receive from the shower.

4mygirls said:
She wants to leave it open for a few weeks. The majority of the contact will be via email. I just want her to receive more credit than what the registry has to offer. Then after the shower we will set up her registry with the items she did not receive from the shower.

The registry and a catalog show offer the same benefits for the bride. She gets free & half-priced products and a discount with both. The only thing I can think of that she would get extra is an additional Host Bonus item for the catalog show (she gets to pick the Host Bonus in the month she redeems her registry rewards). Setting up the registry would be the easiest way to track what she's already received and avoid unwanted duplicates of items.

On a more personal note, the bride runs the danger of coming across as being greedy. The plan kind of sounds a bit like "I want you to buy me gifts but I don't want to bother with a shower where you can come socialize with me." Especially if she herself will be sending out emails and such about the "online shower".

Maybe the bride lives very far away from family and friends. I had friends who live in England who had an online facebook shower. We posted advice and they planned to scrap book everyone

I have a bride who lives in DC and we set up her registry and we put a note on MY homepage for "Sally Smith's" registry and set her up a catalog show at the same time (we did this to save her guests money on shipping, not so she could be greedy). The list there is everything from her registry. As items are purchased I take them off the list on my note. As we get closer to the wedding we'll close out her show and then everything will be shipped to her directly for the lower shipping rates. Guests can print off the item page and put it in a card if they are giving her items from her registry as shower gifts or in her wedding cards.

1. What is an on-line bridal shower?

An on-line bridal shower is a virtual event where guests can participate in celebrating the bride-to-be from the comfort of their own homes. It typically involves activities, games, and gift-giving through a digital platform.

2. How do I host an on-line bridal shower?

There are various platforms that can be used to host an on-line bridal shower, such as Zoom, Skype, or Google Hangouts. You can also create a private Facebook group or use a specialized virtual party platform. It's important to choose a platform that all guests are comfortable using.

3. What activities can we do during an on-line bridal shower?

Some ideas for on-line bridal shower activities include virtual games like bridal shower bingo or trivia, a "how well do you know the bride" quiz, or even a virtual cooking or cocktail making class. You can also have guests share their favorite memories or advice for the bride-to-be.

4. How do we handle gift-giving for an on-line bridal shower?

Gift-giving for an on-line bridal shower can be done through a virtual gift registry or by mailing gifts directly to the bride-to-be. Some platforms also have the option for guests to purchase e-gift cards or send digital gifts.

5. Can we still have a traditional bridal shower with an on-line option?

Yes, you can definitely have a mix of traditional and on-line elements for a bridal shower. For example, you can have a small in-person gathering with the bride and a few guests, while also including on-line guests through a virtual platform. This allows for a more intimate celebration while still including those who may not be able to attend in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kayleigh