• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has This Ever Happen to You . . .

even if they are just leaflets...on someone's mailbox without permission. I would definitely not do this again as it definitely caused some drama.
koeverson
Several days ago I got an idea on what to do with my about to expire catalogues. I decided to use "a Pampered Chef consultant lives in your neighborhood flyer" along with an introduction letter. I put in on the mailbox rather than in (I know putting in the mailbox is a crime) Yesterday I put a few on the mailboxes in my immediate neighborhood. Today I received an extremely nasty phone call from one of my neighbors upset that I put something on his mailbox. He went further to say he was not interested in my product and how dare I assume he would be. I politely said "no problem, I will make sure I do not encroach upon your mailbox in the future and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you". He kept on talking about his living on a private road (the road is not private) and blah blah blah. I thought this was a good idea and a good use of the old catalogues. Now I am reluctant to put them on the other side of the neighborhood. Any suggestes for anyone? Was this a bad idea?

Wow! He sounds like one in a million! Wonder if he calls everyone who sends him junk mail too?

I don't think many (if any more at all) would respond the way that he did!

I think it was totally fine. It sounds more like this guy is just a jerk. How dare you assume that he was interested in your product? Just ridiculous. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, but I think you will be fine in the future. Most people that aren't interested will just throw your catalog away and forget about.

this never happend to me, i have never done anything like this (although i want to), but know of alot of people that have done it with great success! its just probably a bitter old man, so dont let it get you down.

maybe for the other side of the neighborhood you could go door to door and leave it with them?

by the way, how did you leave it on their mailbox? how did you do that?

I have wanted to do this for a long time but have been told it is illegal to leave anything even hanging off a USPS mailbox without proper postage and without being handled by the PO.

Instead of putting it on the mail box how about on the front porch. I know it's more steps but at least the legality of mailbox infringement won't be an issue. I would not leave it at all if there's a sign that says "no solicitation" either.

I haven't done that with old catalogs either - I use them at fairs - but it's not a bad idea! I also leave them at hairdressers, coffee shops, car dealers, doctors offices (where ever I do business and they say it's okay. I even tell my hosts and guests to keep the catalog (recipes!) but if they want to get rid of it please don't throw it away. Leave it somewhere that someone might find it (like the above).

abrahamlaur said:
this never happend to me, i have never done anything like this (although i want to), but know of alot of people that have done it with great success! its just probably a bitter old man, so dont let it get you down.

maybe for the other side of the neighborhood you could go door to door and leave it with them?

by the way, how did you leave it on their mailbox? how did you do that?
Everyone in the subdicision has the same mailbox there is a bar on the top of the mailbox that has the house number and there is a space between the top of the mailbox and the bottom of the bar. I put the information in between that space.

Don't put things in mailboxes! The fine is around $700. Only stamped mail can do in there...

I've used the catalog bags (from Nancy's :cry: ) and just threw them on the driveway next to the newspaper. Haven't gotten anything good or bad from it! (No leads, but also no nasty phone calls/emails).

I've only done it twice in the past 3 years to get rid of out-of-date catalogs. I figured I'd rather have them "out there" than sitting in my cabinet!

today i put one of those flyers and a catalog in a catalog bag on a neighbors door... now i'm scared to do more. lol thanks for the warning.

This happened to someone in my cluster and evidently there does seem to be a law that you cannot leave things on a mailbox. She didn't get in trouble, but did get a nasty phone call from one of her neighbors. I would leave it at the front porch if I was to do something like this. Not everyone will react that way, but as you can see, some do.

What my mail lady told me was that the mailbox itself is "owned" by the USPS so you can't use it; however, the post is not USPS property so you can put a thumtack into the post with your info.

If there's an open slot UNDER the actual mailbox, like for a newspaper, you can put it in there. But most of the time, people will treat your catalog the same as unsolicited advertising, and just pitch it.

I just leave mine on the doorstep. Come to think of it, I should have gotten plastic bags since it has been raining :eek: Oh, well. I will continue to do this as it is excercise and I just don't know when I will get that lucky break.

I have way too many extra catalogs right now too (recruited 4 in May/June) so I'm just going to start leaving a trail everywhere I go...grocery store (shopping cart), drug store, bank, doctors office. I will accidentally leave one everywhere!! :cool:

1. What is "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?"

"Has This Ever Happen to You . . ." is a series of cooking classes offered by Pampered Chef. These classes are designed to teach you new and interesting recipes and techniques to use with Pampered Chef products.

2. Who can attend "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?"

Anyone can attend "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?" classes, whether you are a seasoned cook or just starting out. The classes are open to everyone and are a great way to learn new skills and recipes.

3. How do I sign up for "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?"

You can sign up for "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?" classes by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. Simply search for classes in your area and sign up for the one that interests you.

4. Do I need to own any Pampered Chef products to attend "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?"

No, you do not need to own any Pampered Chef products to attend the classes. However, if you do own some products, feel free to bring them along to use during the class.

5. What can I expect from "Has This Ever Happen to You . . .?"

You can expect a fun and interactive cooking experience where you will learn new recipes, techniques, and tips. You will also have the opportunity to try out Pampered Chef products and ask any questions you may have about them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Terrygyrl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chee65
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies