• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Declined Credit Cards: Tips for Catalog Parties During Difficult Times

In summary, the host had a death in her family and was leaving for out of town, so the two orders that were declined had not been contacted. The host asked what to do with the outside order forms with contact information because you asked her to have them fill that in. You said you would get them from her when she got back. Not a wise choice, so next time you will get the contact information over the phone. You sent her an email, which went to her cell, telling her the problem and asking if she has contact numbers. If not, you will handle it when she returns.
Jenni
I had a catalog party close over the phone Tuesday evening. Since host had a death in family and was leaving to go out of town Wed am. Two of the orders have declined credit cards. I have no contact info other then email. I emailed both and have gotten no response. What do I do??? I don't want to bother host while she is dealing with a death in her family... She asked what to do with the outside order forms(that have contact info cuz I asked her to have them fill that in) I said I would get them from her when she gets back. Not a wise choice next time I will get phone numbers over the phone with the orders. I was just trying to make our phone call short and easy and let her get back to packing!
Any advice??

I would just wait until you get ahold of the host. Do not pay for the show with your own money unless you have it shipped to you.

You could call and tell her the problem. She should be able to give you phone numbers quickly. She may not be home, and you can tell her you need to contact them. Tell her in the message that she can contact you at her convenience, but you won't be able to send the show in until you get new credit card information. Also mention that she may just pay for those orders if she wants the show sent in quickly.

I always ask my Hosts to give me complete contact info just in case "I have a question". With just someone's name, it will be pretty hard to trace. You might try http://www.anywho.com to see if you can find the name there to give you a hint of the phone number. I also use http://www.411.com. You can still wait to close the Show until Oct 15th unless you are wanting it to count towards "In the Bag" points.

I just sent her an email... which goes to her cell. I just feel like this is the last thing she wants to hear or deal with. I told her if she happens to have contact phone numbers with her to please email them to me. If not we will handle it when she returns. We will see i guess...
I just hate that everyone is waiting so long to get their stuff.

Hi there,I am sorry to hear about the difficult situation your host is going through. It can be challenging to handle orders that have declined credit cards, especially without direct contact information. In this case, I would suggest reaching out to the host and explaining the situation. Let her know that you understand she is dealing with a loss and that you don't want to add to her stress. Ask if she can provide any alternative contact information for the customers who have declined credit cards, such as a phone number or another email address. If she is unable to provide any, you could try reaching out to the customers through social media if you have their names. If all else fails, you may need to cancel those orders and apologize to the customers for the inconvenience.In the future, it would be best to gather contact information and payment details during the catalog party itself. This way, you can avoid any potential issues and ensure a smoother ordering process for both yourself and your customers. I hope everything works out and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.Best of luck,

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef mandoline slicer?

The Pampered Chef mandoline slicer is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to slice, julienne, and waffle cut a variety of fruits and vegetables. To use the mandoline slicer, place it on a cutting board and adjust the thickness of the slice by turning the knob on the side. Then, place the fruit or vegetable on the prongs and slide it back and forth over the blade. Always use the safety guard to protect your hands and be sure to clean the slicer thoroughly after each use.

2. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

Cleaning your Pampered Chef stoneware is easy and only requires a few simple steps. First, let the stoneware cool completely after use. Then, use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food debris. Next, rinse the stoneware with hot water and use a small amount of dish soap if needed. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on the stoneware as it can damage the surface. Finally, dry the stoneware completely before storing or using it again.

3. How do I know when my Pampered Chef pan is preheated?

To ensure your Pampered Chef pan is properly preheated, follow these steps. First, place the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. After a few minutes, sprinkle a few drops of water on the surface of the pan. If the water droplets sizzle and evaporate, the pan is ready to use. If the droplets just sit on the surface, the pan needs more time to preheat.

4. Can I put my Pampered Chef cookware in the dishwasher?

Many Pampered Chef cookware products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to refer to the specific care instructions for your item. For example, stoneware should never be placed in the dishwasher as it can absorb soap and retain a soapy taste. Non-stick cookware should also be hand washed to preserve the non-stick coating. Always check the care instructions before putting your Pampered Chef cookware in the dishwasher.

5. How do I sharpen my Pampered Chef knives?

Pampered Chef knives are designed to stay sharp for a long time, but they may need to be sharpened occasionally. To sharpen your knives, use a manual or electric knife sharpener or a honing steel. Hold the knife at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade along the sharpener in a back and forth motion. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the specific sharpener you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies