• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling an Exchange-I Wasn't the Consultant

In summary, the host has a broken SS bowl lid that she got when she hosted another time a couple years ago with another consultant. She is waiting to hear back from HO about what adjustment she needs to make, and is also waiting to order a replacement lid. The cost of the replacement lid is $4, and the cost of mailing the lid back is estimated to be $2-3. The host also asked if anyone knew if the plastic piece that connects to the inside barrel with teeth is replaceable.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host who has a broken SS bowl lid. She got it when she hosted another time a couple years ago with another consultant. It's Monday and I just know it's not going to be good to call HO with this. Can I send an e-mail about this adjustment or do I have to call?

It would be easier and less hassle for you to order her a replacement - the replacement is probably less expensive than mailing back the original one too.

You can try to email it but it will take a bit longer to process it that way (days). Be sure to give all the information you can get so they can find it.

I wonder how much it'll cost for her to mail it back?

Probably about $2-3 - she could put it in an envelope and send it first class with delivery confirmation.

I just looked it up and a replacement lid is $4. Do you think I should ask the host, which she prefers? More convenient, but costs more--buy a replacement. Take more time, cost less, have to go to Post office--send it back for a new one?

If she's a good host/customer I would probably just buy the lid for her. Write it off as a good gesture. she will be appreciative and it will come back to you in the future.

pamperedlinda said:
If she's a good host/customer I would probably just buy the lid for her. Write it off as a good gesture. she will be appreciative and it will come back to you in the future.

And if she got hers a couple of years ago, she might have the older, thinner, more brittle lids. They improved the SS bowl lids, and they are much nicer now. I had the old style, and ordered replacement lids so that I had nicer ones.

She said it was from '06. She had a $300 show, but I did get 3 bookings, so I should probably just do it and write it off. ;)

babywings76 said:
She said it was from '06.

She had a $300 show, but I did get 3 bookings, so I should probably just do it and write it off. ;)

I have a host who just closed a $600 show with 2 bookings - she needed a new collar for her chopper, so I just ordered it for her, and I'll write it off.

I often do that for my hosts as a customer service.

So I called her just to verify that it was the medium lid and told her that I would just take care of it for her, she offered to pay and asked me if I was sure about my doing it. I told her it was okay and that I'd like to take care of it for her. She was shocked, and then reminded me that she also had another item to take care of....:rolleyes: So I'm also getting her a replacement part for her EAD, too. (She didn't say anything more about offering to pay. ;)) Then she asked about her cookie press. She said it was old, but that a part of the trigger broke. I don't have this item, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding the part right, but she described it as a plastic piece that connects to the inside barrel with teeth? That's not listed in the replacement parts list, so she's bummed that she has to buy a whole new one. I told her I'd ask here if anyone knows if this piece is replaceable.

Related to Handling an Exchange-I Wasn't the Consultant

1. How can I handle an exchange if I wasn't the consultant who made the sale?

If you are not the consultant who made the sale, you can still assist with an exchange by following these steps:

• Step 1: Contact the original consultant to inform them of the exchange request.
  • Step 2: Ask the original consultant to process the return and provide you with the return authorization number.
  • Step 3: Once you have the return authorization number, you can proceed with the exchange process.
  • Step 4: Contact the customer and let them know that the exchange process has been initiated. You can provide them with an estimated timeline for the exchange.

2. Can I handle an exchange for a customer who purchased from a different consultant?

Yes, you can assist with an exchange even if the customer did not purchase from you originally. You will need to follow the same process as mentioned in the previous question, which involves contacting the original consultant for the return authorization number.

3. What should I do if the customer wants to exchange for an item that is out of stock?

If the item requested for exchange is out of stock, you can offer the customer an alternative or similar product. If they are not satisfied with the alternative, you can process a return and provide them with a refund.

4. Is there a time limit for exchanges?

Yes, exchanges must be initiated within 30 days of the original purchase date. After this time, the customer will need to follow the regular return process.

5. Can I handle an exchange if the customer does not have the original packaging?

In most cases, the original packaging is required for an exchange. However, if the product is defective or damaged, the customer may still be eligible for an exchange without the original packaging. It is best to contact our customer service team for specific cases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherid
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
elijahstrust
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies