• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Grrrr....my Microplane Broke Again!

In summary, Linda was zesting a lemon and had the grater resting on a Dots Pasta Bowl to catch the zest. The grater cracked in half, and she is out of the guarantee period for the product. She recommends using the grater upside down to avoid accidents.
chefkathy
And I think I'm out of the guarantee period now.

Bummer.

Oh no! Hate that for you....what were you grating?

pamperedlinda said:
Oh no! Hate that for you....what were you grating?

I was zesting a lemon and had the grater resting on a Dots Pasta Bowl to catch the zest. Thing cracked in half. Guess I have more muscle than I thought! LOL!

You ate your Wheaties today!

I'm on my 3rd one. As much as I love that thing, I sure wish they'd make it stronger around the grate!

One thing you can do to avoid this is something I saw Bobby Flay do with a regular microplane is use it upside down... he holds the lemon on the bottom and then uses the microplane on top so the zest piles up, then he thunked it into the bowl. I had never seen it used that way before but might work... Just a thought...

finley1991 said:
One thing you can do to avoid this is something I saw Bobby Flay do with a regular microplane is use it upside down... he holds the lemon on the bottom and then uses the microplane on top so the zest piles up, then he thunked it into the bowl. I had never seen it used that way before but might work... Just a thought...

All that makes me envision is pieces of my nails/fingers ending up in the zest. LOL!!!

finley1991 said:

That's what I do too! I like how I can see how much zest I'm grating. I tell everyone at my shows that my good friend Bobby flay taught me this trick :)

Great line Linda! LOVE IT!!!!

I'll have to try that. I broke a Microplane too.

What's in the water in IL that's making you two so strong???? ;)

You all have to stop taking all thoses vitamins.:)

finley1991 said:
What's in the water in IL that's making you two so strong???? ;)

Ha! Who knows. I HAVE been working out more and I have a personal trainer. :) Not that I"ve lost much weight, but maybe I'm getting stronger at least. LOL.

Related to Grrrr....my Microplane Broke Again!

1. Why does my Microplane keep breaking?

There could be a few reasons for your Microplane breaking. One common reason is using too much pressure while grating, which can cause the blades to bend and break. Another reason could be using it on hard foods, such as cheese or chocolate, which can also cause the blades to break. Lastly, improper storage or handling of the Microplane can also lead to breakage.

2. Can I get a replacement for my broken Microplane?

Yes, if your Microplane broke due to a manufacturing defect, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement. However, if the breakage was due to improper use or handling, we cannot provide a replacement.

3. How do I properly use and care for my Microplane to prevent breakage?

To properly use your Microplane, apply minimal pressure while grating and use it on softer foods. Avoid using it on hard foods or frozen items. When storing, make sure to keep it in a safe place away from other kitchen tools that could damage the blades. Additionally, hand wash the Microplane with warm water and mild soap and avoid using harsh abrasives or dishwashers.

4. Can I sharpen my Microplane to fix the broken blades?

No, Microplane blades are not designed to be sharpened. Attempting to sharpen them can cause further damage and compromise the effectiveness of the grater.

5. How long should a Microplane typically last before breaking?

The lifespan of a Microplane depends on how often it is used and how well it is cared for. With proper use and care, a Microplane can last for several years. However, if used on hard foods or with excessive pressure, it may break sooner. If your Microplane breaks within a short period of time, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • chefkathy