• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Show for Beginners: Tips, Recipes, and Tools | Amanda's Guide

In summary, a grilling party with the host's husband is being planned, but the host is unsure of how to grill. The host's husband is bringing a variety of food items that the host will prepare by cooking in the grill basket. There will also be a dessert made from a recipe that the host has. Another option is to have a salad prepared by the host.
jesusluvsu2005
I have a host who would like to do a grilling show, she thought it might be good for the men to come too. Only, I don't know how to grill and I have none of the PC grilling tools. I'm hoping she will go with one of the recipes I sent her but at the same time I'm sure a grilling show would be good and fun. I'm just very intimidated by grilling. Her grill is charcoal she said. Plus with not having any of the grilling tools, I'm not sure what to do. What do you guys think?
God bless,
Amanda

Did you tell her this? Do you have any of the PC seasonings? Maybe offer to let her use the seasonings to grill with and get her DH and others to do the actual grilling. For the demo fix somehting to go with the grilled items.

I did tell her that. I have the chipotle, jerk, asian, smoky bbq and moroccan. Any ideas for something to grill? A dessert would probably be good to go with it. A trifle would be good but I don't have the trifle bowl. Would the salad spinner bowl work too since it's clear? I'm just a people pleaser and it is her party so I want it to be what she wants. But I don't feel confident in doing the grilling myself.

Can you borrow some tools from your director or recruiter? At least the grill basket? Or the trifle bowl? Ooh or the collapsible bowl you could put a salad in it? I'm having a grilling party in July... I'm letting the host's hubby make what he wants and we'll be doing veggies (she's a vegetarian) in the grill basket. We're also making the watermelon-peach salsa cuz she LOVES it.

Well, my director is in another state and my hospitality is in another town (too far for me to drive just to pick up stuff and then return it with gas being so high). I could ask the consultants I met at the hospitality cluster meeting I attended. Is it okay to ask other consultants or do most tend not to want to lend things out? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

If you feel comfortable with them then ask. If they say no, then you are no worse off than you are now. Most PC consultants are very giving people and who knows, they might need to borrow something from you one day. :)

I think the spinner bowl will be too large for the trifle. Do you have the 9x13 stoneware baker? There are some really good brownie based recipes to make in that.

No, I only have the bar pan and the deep dish baker in the stoneware. We could do a salad instead. I could do the southwest salad and maybe her DH could grill steak and/or chicken with the chipotle rub on the grill. Then slice it up to add to the salad.

Related to Grilling Show for Beginners: Tips, Recipes, and Tools | Amanda's Guide

1. How do I get started with grilling?

The first step in getting started with grilling is to make sure you have the right tools. This includes a good quality grill, grilling utensils, and a meat thermometer. It's also important to have a clean and well-maintained grill. Once you have the tools, you can start by familiarizing yourself with basic grilling techniques and recipes.

2. What are some essential tips for grilling beginners?

Some essential tips for grilling beginners include preheating the grill, properly seasoning the food, and using indirect heat for thicker cuts of meat. It's also important to have a clean and organized workspace and to not overcrowd the grill. Don't be afraid to experiment with different marinades and seasonings to find your favorite flavors.

3. What are some easy and delicious recipes for beginners to try?

Some easy and delicious recipes for beginners to try include grilled chicken skewers, vegetable kebabs, and grilled salmon. These dishes are simple to prepare and require minimal ingredients. You can also try grilling different types of meats, such as burgers, sausages, and even pizza, for a fun and tasty twist on classic dishes.

4. What are the best tools for grilling beginners?

The best tools for grilling beginners include a good quality grill, grilling utensils (such as tongs, spatula, and basting brush), and a meat thermometer. Other helpful tools include a grill brush for cleaning, a spray bottle for flare-ups, and a meat tenderizer for tougher cuts of meat.

5. How can I make sure my food is cooked to perfection?

Using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure your food is cooked to perfection. This will help you avoid overcooking or undercooking your food. It's also important to follow recommended cooking times and temperatures for different types of meat. Don't forget to let your meat rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute and ensure a juicy and flavorful meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • wadesgirl