• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Read- 90 Minutes in Heaven

In summary, the book is great. I found it to be a terrific book - for the first couple of chapters, which was the part about the accident and the 90 minutes. After that, it became very difficult for me to read - in fact, I never finished it. However, I would still recommend it to others.
bsaxman
Silver Member
A number of people have recommended I read this book, and today I finally started reading it, took me a few hours to finish but... WOW! What a great read! I normally read only adventure/ sci-fi/ thriller type books (I am a high maintenance reader!) But I could not put this one down! I enjoyed it so much I knew it was my duty to pass the recommendation on to all of you out there who haven't read it yet- check it out, 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper! :)

Thanks, I will do that! :)

I haveI have read it and agree that it is wonderful.

I second that!:D Great book!

At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, this was a choice for book club a few months back.I found it to be a terrific book - for the first couple of chapters, which was the part about the accident and the 90 minutes. After that, it became very difficult for me to read - in fact, I never finished it.I was not the only one at book club who had that view.---> Spoiler Alert <---Do not read any further if you intend to read the book.Does anyone know if that bridge is still in place? As near as I can tell, it has never been expanded, refurbished or replaced.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I found it to be a terrific book - for the first couple of chapters, which was the part about the accident and the 90 minutes. After that, it became very difficult for me to read - in fact, I never finished it.

I was not the only one at book club who had that view.

---> Spoiler Alert <---

Do not read any further if you intend to read the book.

Does anyone know if that bridge is still in place? As near as I can tell, it has never been expanded, refurbished or replaced.

I will admit, it was hard to read some parts -- and you know, it was just ALOT of info to take in! I will admit the last chapter in particular I did mostly skimming, but really- by then I had gotten through the meat of the book... so I didn't feel as guilty about skimming.

Good question about the bridge. I'm curious if anyone else knows the answer to that also.

Yeah, it was kinda like Patch Adams' book. The Robin Williams' movie, Patch Adams, was more or less the story, some of it was the story, a lot of it wasn't. The book was awful unless you happen to be a doctor or med student. For everyone else, it was like trying to read an NFL Playbook.

One of my favorites. I could read that first chapter over and over again. It came out about the same time my mom died and it gave me so much peace

I read it in just a few hours too and that it was really good. It was interesting and is meant to make you think and maybe reevaluate.I'm ready Heaven is So Real right now. Another good book, though I'm reading it slowing. Takes a little longer to absorb I think.

Jules711 said:
I read it in just a few hours too and that it was really good. It was interesting and is meant to make you think and maybe reevaluate.

I'm ready Heaven is So Real right now. Another good book, though I'm reading it slowing. Takes a little longer to absorb I think.

I was just going to ask if anyone had read that one yet.....let us know what you think, please??

I ordered this book yesterday after reading this thread. Thank you for the recommendation! I am looking forward to its arrival!

Related to Great Read- 90 Minutes in Heaven

What is "90 Minutes in Heaven" about?

"90 Minutes in Heaven" is a book written by Don Piper about his personal experience of surviving a near-death experience and his journey to recovery. It details his account of spending 90 minutes in heaven before being brought back to life.

Is "90 Minutes in Heaven" a religious book?

While the book does have religious themes and references to faith, it is ultimately a personal memoir and not a religious book. It is a story of hope, perseverance, and the power of faith in the face of adversity.

Can I purchase "90 Minutes in Heaven" through Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, "90 Minutes in Heaven" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you can easily find it at most major bookstores or online retailers.

Is there a movie adaptation of "90 Minutes in Heaven"?

Yes, there is a movie adaptation of "90 Minutes in Heaven" that was released in 2015. It stars Hayden Christensen as Don Piper and is available to watch on various streaming platforms or for purchase on DVD.

Are there discussion questions or resources available for "90 Minutes in Heaven"?

Yes, there are discussion questions and resources available for "90 Minutes in Heaven" on the official website for the book. These can be used for individual reflection or group discussions about the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle