• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great American Backyard Campout

In summary, the author suggests that anyone interested in camping should join with friends and family to go camping across the country. There are many different activities that can be done while camping, such as making smores, gazing at stars, and sleeping in a tent. The author also warns people not to sleep in a tent if they are susceptible to mosquitos, as this will likely result in a mosquito carrying them off to their death. Finally, the author encourages others to join in on the camping experience, as it is something that can be enjoyed by everyone.
ivykeep
Gold Member
Anyone interested in doing?

Join with families, friends, and neighbors camping out across the country! Sponsored by the National Wildlife Federation, parents and kids are encouraged to turn off all things high tech and instead gaze at the stars, make smores, swap stories, sleep in a tent, watch for wildlife after dark. Saturday, June 23. Register at www.backyardcampout.org

Oh darn, I love that idea. We just bought a new tent, and my son would love that! But I have plans to go to a party in San Fransico that night. Have a smore for me! Thanks for sharing!

The last time I tried that, the mosquitoes picked me up, carried me east and dropped me into Lake Michigan.

Hmm, last time I slept in a tent I had these strange dreams of very shiny instruments and slug-like creatures. Then there was a huge flash of light and I woke up pregnant.

You shouldn't fall asleep with George Noorey or Art Bell on the radio.

Hey, that's the night my Girl Scout troop is having our campout:)

ivykeep said:
Anyone interested in doing?

Join with families, friends, and neighbors camping out across the country! Sponsored by the National Wildlife Federation, parents and kids are encouraged to turn off all things high tech and instead gaze at the stars, make smores, swap stories, sleep in a tent, watch for wildlife after dark. Saturday, June 23. Register at www.backyardcampout.org

We can maybe turn off the high tech, look out at the tons of stars here (we get to see so much more than in a city), make smores (hubby will only eat them minus the graham crackers and marshmellows). But, I will not sleep in a tent like KG said...the mosquitos WILL carry me off to! ...and I can handle the deer out all night, but I don't want to cross mama bear and cups or the other occasional wilder critters around here. I'll sleep a few feet away inside the house - thank you very much.

We WILL be camping that weekend! Just not in our backyard. But in a tent we will be ... :D

lacychef said:
Hey, that's the night my Girl Scout troop is having our campout:)

I knew you looked young, but I didn't think you were THAT young...lol :p

My idea of camping gets me laughed at by those who do the real thing, so y'all have fun!

My son has his boy scout sleep out thing at the Missions baseball game/field.

my DD is in a state soccer tournament that weekend and we'll be sleeping in dorms does that count ! ;)
(thats what everyone keeps comparing it too.)

nikked said:
I knew you looked young, but I didn't think you were THAT young...lol :p

My idea of camping gets me laughed at by those who do the real thing, so y'all have fun!

HA! I mean my DAUGHTER'S troop! lol:)
We're camping in the backyard of another troop leader's house; she lives in the country near a creek....it will be interesting!

1. What is the Great American Backyard Campout?

The Great American Backyard Campout is an annual event organized by the National Wildlife Federation to encourage families to spend quality time together by going camping in their own backyard.

2. When is the Great American Backyard Campout?

This year, the Great American Backyard Campout will take place on June 20th. It is always held on the 4th Saturday in June.

3. How can I participate in the Great American Backyard Campout?

To participate, all you need to do is register on the National Wildlife Federation's website and pledge to camp out in your backyard on June 20th. You can also join or organize a local campout event in your community.

4. What activities can we do during the Great American Backyard Campout?

There are plenty of fun activities to do during the Great American Backyard Campout, such as stargazing, making s'mores, telling stories around the campfire, and playing outdoor games. The National Wildlife Federation also provides a list of suggested activities for families to try.

5. Is the Great American Backyard Campout only for families with children?

No, the Great American Backyard Campout is open to everyone who wants to participate, regardless of age or family status. It's a great opportunity to reconnect with nature and spend time with loved ones, but individuals can also participate and enjoy the experience on their own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back