• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grandma's Famous Apple Pie Recipe

In summary, the recipe is called Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries and it is a variation of the pepper brie. The apple mixture is mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon, and then the butter is added just until the ingredients are moistened. The Brie is cut in half horizontally and then the apple mixture is spooned onto the cheese. The cheese is then topped with the remaining apple mixture and baked for 12-15 minutes. The cheese is then served with toasted Canapé French Bread or apple wedges.
lockhartkitchen
Does someone have this recipe?

Found it!It's called Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries. I found it online. I don't know where it came from originally, but it is a Pampered Chef recipe. I wanted a variation to the pepper brie. I didn't like the jalepeno. This recipe sounds yummy!

Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium) 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds 1/4 cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon 1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter) Canapé French Bread , toasted Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs. Garnish with red bell pepper strips. Cook’s Tips: Brie is a French cheese known for its soft texture and downy, white rind. When preparing Brie, leave the rind on the cheese. The entire cheese is edible, including the rind. An 8-ounce wedge of Brie can be substituted for the round.

There's also a brown sugar variation in this season's SBRC, which is available on Consultant's Corner.

Related to Grandma's Famous Apple Pie Recipe

1. What makes "Grandma's Famous Apple Pie Recipe" so special?

There are a few key ingredients and techniques that make this recipe stand out. First, the use of both Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples gives the pie a perfect balance of tartness and sweetness. Second, the addition of a touch of lemon juice and cinnamon adds depth of flavor. Finally, the key to a perfectly flaky crust is using chilled butter and handling the dough with care.

2. Can I use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe?

While you certainly can use a pre-made crust, the homemade crust in this recipe is what truly sets it apart. The buttery, flaky crust adds a delicious texture and flavor to the pie. If you're short on time, you can also make the crust ahead of time and freeze it until you're ready to use it.

3. How do I prevent the crust from getting soggy?

To prevent a soggy crust, it's important to blind bake the crust before adding the filling. This means baking the crust by itself for a few minutes before adding the apples and filling. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of flour or breadcrumbs on the bottom of the crust before adding the filling to absorb any excess moisture.

4. Can I make this pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time. You can prepare the crust and filling separately up to a day in advance and then assemble and bake the pie when ready to serve. You can also bake the pie ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

You can experiment with different types of apples, but we recommend using a mix of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples for the best flavor and texture. Other good options include Braeburn, Jonathan, and Pink Lady apples. Avoid using apples that are too soft or mushy, as they may not hold up well in the pie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aried
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies