• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got My First Recruit....now What?

In summary, Linda has 4 recruits signed on and she is trying to find her 5th recruit. Linda has a folder with personal information, the email from HO for her agreement, and her ID for her new recruit. Linda has scheduled 1x a week appointments to be in touch with her new recruit. Linda is already in touch with her new recruit and her first show is on March 25th. Linda is trying to get her new recruit qualified for her first show.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My first recruit signed on Friday...woo hoo....4 more to go!

Questions for all of you.....
Do you keep a file on each recruit/team member? (personal info....what else would I need to know/file?)
Is there a special form that we need to use?
Do you have one that you made-up that you are willing to share?

thanks bunches!
Linda

:D :D Congrats Linda!!!!:D :D

I'm anxious to hear the answers to your questions as well!!;)

I wish I was that organizied! I just keep of their sales on CC and call when it looks like they need a boost or they've had a big show. I also keep in touch with emails ans such.

Congrats Linda:) I'm waiting to hear other ideas from the recruiting pros!

I wanted to bump this up so maybe we could get some answers :)

In consultants corner under downloads. Scroll down to Directors reproducible forms and you will find several useful forms to help keep track of your team. The ones I use is the New Consultant form and the cluster communication log. These have helped me. I tried to insert it here but not sure how.

Okay, I signed my 2nd recruit on Tuesday. Now what happens? I know that now I am a FD and I can earn overrides on my team, but how exactly does it work? I looked in my "guide to a successful business", but it doesn't really tell me much. I thought I might get an email or something from HO, but no such luck.

Sorry to take over your thread Linda. Congrats on your new recruit.

I just got my first recruit too. I started a folder for her to put any pertinent information, the email from HO for her agreement and her ID. I've written what I've given her on it as well as her 30/90 day dates. I'm using my consultant planner and have appointments scheduled 1x a week to be in touch if I haven't heard from her already. She went to her first training show tonight (luckily it was an awesome show). And because I know when her first show is I've penciled in a quick contact to see how she's doing on her host coaching.

She's already started doing Online Training :) I'm positive she's going to be great once she gets going!

pamperedlinda said:
My first recruit signed on Friday...woo hoo....4 more to go!

Questions for all of you.....
Do you keep a file on each recruit/team member? (personal info....what else would I need to know/file?)
Is there a special form that we need to use?
Do you have one that you made-up that you are willing to share?

thanks bunches!
Linda
First things First. CONGRATULATIONS:D WooHoo! Way to go.
Now really important is that your new recruit gets off to a BIG start with her/his first shows. So help them with there show organization and how to Host coach.

Shawnna said:
Okay, I signed my 2nd recruit on Tuesday. Now what happens? I know that now I am a FD and I can earn overrides on my team, but how exactly does it work? I looked in my "guide to a successful business", but it doesn't really tell me much. I thought I might get an email or something from HO, but no such luck.

You will get an override on your recruits' sales as long as you sell $1250 in a certain month. If you don't sell the $1250 then you don't get the override and try harder next month. Check on CC on the 10th of every month and you can view future director reports that show how much you earned from the sales of each recruit. You should get your first override on the first paycheck the month after you promote. I also got a formal letter from HO congratulating me when I became a FD.

As for tracking my recruits- I use the forms from CC with recruit information (heart tug, spouse name/info, etc.) and also use these for potential recruits and fill them out as I talk to them each time.

Thanks! She's off to a pretty good start.....and I've got another one signing Monday!! Now....just need to get them both qualified and sign 3 more! My goal is to sign one each month....and never stop! I've already found my next target (oops recruit).....I'm zooming in on her....her show is March 25th and I think she'd be perfect! I hope she thinks so too! I'll let y'all know.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks! She's off to a pretty good start.....and I've got another one signing Monday!! Now....just need to get them both qualified and sign 3 more! My goal is to sign one each month....and never stop! I've already found my next target (oops recruit).....I'm zooming in on her....her show is March 25th and I think she'd be perfect! I hope she thinks so too! I'll let y'all know.
That's great, Linda!! Keep 'em coming! Good luck to you.:)

Shawnna said:

Shawna--I believe after your 2nd Recruit qualifies you become a Future Director not before.

Keep up the great work Linda!
pamperedlinda said:

I hope you reach your goal every month!;)

Your are a Future once you have 2 active recruits, they don't have to be qualified. You will make a 1% override on your sales & there's only if you personally submitt $1,250 in sales. Congrats on the new recruit's. I am not organized w/ my recruits but I need to start!!

pamperedalf said:
Your are a Future once you have 2 active recruits, they don't have to be qualified. You will make a 1% override on your sales & there's only if you personally submitt $1,250 in sales.

Congrats on the new recruit's. I am not organized w/ my recruits but I need to start!!

Thanks for the correction, Amanda--I didn't realize that.

Thanks guys. I guess I better get busy then. I don't generally do 1250 each month. My recruit has set her goal to qualify by the end of her 30 days. I think she is going to be great.

pamperedalf said:
Your are a Future once you have 2 active recruits, they don't have to be qualified. You will make a 1% override on your sales & there's only if you personally submitt $1,250 in sales.

Congrats on the new recruit's. I am not organized w/ my recruits but I need to start!!
I didn't realize that! I thought they had to qualify.....I am really excited now.....next week I can add FD to my signature! Woo Hoo for me!:)

That's great Linda! I just read page F-7 and they don't need to be qualified but have to be 2 personally recruited consultants. For overrides you the recruiter have to submit $1250 or more each month.

way to go Linda! Keep up the good work, stay excited and get those recruits. When you become AD next year can I join your team : )

Unlike being a director, you only have to have 2 active recruits even if they are not qualified. I know to be a director you have to have 5 qualified recruits. You are officially a future director the 1st of the month after you recruit your second one. So if you recruited your second one on March 15, you would be official after April 1st.

I am in the same boat... I just signed my first recurit today!!! FOUR MORE TO GO!!! I dont' knwo where to begin or how to help her without sounding pushy..... any suggestions would be welcome!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am in the same boat... I just signed my first recurit today!!! FOUR MORE TO GO!!! I dont' knwo where to begin or how to help her without sounding pushy..... any suggestions would be welcome!!
yeah for you Leah! I'm a little in the same boat My recruit called me today very dejected because she's having trouble getting bookings. I tried to help give her suggestions, nto so sure I was all that helpfule though....any suggestions?

mommyhugz1978 said:
Don't overload her with info- take a cue from the questions she asks. And let her know that you're trying not to overwhelm her.

mommyhugz1978 said:

First thing is find out what she is looking for in her business? Is it a hobby only? Does she want to replace her full time income?
Once you find out what she wants from her PC business you can go from there.

just wanted to say I'm jealous! If I had info for you, I'd share...but having no recruits, I don't know what to say. Probably the same thing as Rebecca...good answer!

pamperedlinda said:
yeah for you Leah! I'm a little in the same boat My recruit called me today very dejected because she's having trouble getting bookings. I tried to help give her suggestions, nto so sure I was all that helpfule though....any suggestions?

The one thing that I remeber my recuriter telling me is to starting working on a list of 100 and planning for her first show!! Is she planning on doing a kick off show?

Rebeccascabinet said:
First thing is find out what she is looking for in her business? Is it a hobby only? Does she want to replace her full time income?
Once you find out what she wants from her PC business you can go from there.

She ordered her kit today, but isnt' doing her first show until April 21st it's her kick off show. She wanted to get her kit and become familar with the products and try the recipies.... I told her that she would be missing her first super starter month becasue of when her show is, she told me she didnt' care about that she is doing it to have fun and meet people... got any suggestions how I can help her prepare?

chefann said:
Don't overload her with info- take a cue from the questions she asks. And let her know that you're trying not to overwhelm her.

She has been wanting to do this for a year.... so I am really excited but I dont' want to become annyoing or something.... She has been asking me questions and those I can't answer I go asking someone else.....

It sounds like this may be more of a hobby than a "serious' business venture. I would just tell her to play around with the recipes, the products, etc and to work on her 100 people list. She needs to line up her shows for the next few months. I would also train her on doing actual cooking shows.

We work in a tax office... so when she has a little bit of room between clients.. I am going to sit down and ask her some questions..... and helping her reach some goals!!

Related to Got My First Recruit....now What?

1. Do you keep a file on each recruit/team member?

Yes, it is important to keep a file on each recruit/team member for organization and tracking purposes. This file can include their personal information, contact information, training progress, performance evaluations, and any other relevant information.

2. What else would I need to know/file?

In addition to the information mentioned above, it may also be helpful to have a record of their goals, strengths and weaknesses, and any special skills or certifications they may have. It may also be beneficial to keep track of their progress and milestones within the company.

3. Is there a special form that we need to use?

Some companies may have a specific form or template for keeping track of recruits/team members, but it is not necessary. You can create your own form or use a spreadsheet or database to keep track of the information.

4. Do you have one that you made-up that you are willing to share?

As a scientist, I do not have a specific form for keeping track of recruits/team members. However, there are many resources available online that provide templates and examples that you can use as a guide or customize to fit your specific needs.

5. What are the next steps after getting my first recruit?

Congratulations on getting your first recruit! The next steps would include providing them with proper training and resources, setting expectations and goals, and continuously communicating with them to ensure their success in the company. It may also be helpful to introduce them to other team members and involve them in team meetings and activities. Remember to always provide support and guidance to help them grow and reach their full potential.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KimoMakano
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • Gina M