• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Shade Plants for the Midwest

In summary, the PC coating set is a nice addition to any kitchen, and can be used for a variety of recipes.
DebPC
Staff member
Coating TraysI just cannot wrap my enthusiasm around this product. I have sold some this fall but not because of me. Are there any really neat features which have escaped me? Maybe some great holiday uses?

For Holiday use I can see doing chocolate.
I think everyone that I have sold them to say for Chicken.

I like them...though I don't care for the tongs. If you do a recipe that requires coating, these are great: they lock securely into each other and are nice and deep. I don't use them a lot, but, like most PC tools, am glad to have them when I need them.

I love them! I haven't used them a lot but when I need to dip or coat anything they are perfect. And the fact that they are microwave safe will make chocolate dipping SOOOO easier and neater this year!

I haven't sold a lot of them but will be featuring them in November & December when I talk about/demo candy making for the holidays.

I have sold a good amount, but I'm still not excited. I use bowls and plates - things I already have at home - to coat things. However, I haven't tried them with chocolate yet.

Is it because you demoed or talked about them? Or maybe because of their position in the catalog- its such a nice spread.

I haven't even taken them to shows or booths.

I am selling these...but not for anything I'm doing. Mostly I'm seeing outside orders actually....so folks are READING the description and deciding they are a good idea.

This seems vaguely reminiscent of .....oh.....the Mix n Chop! I didn't think that would sell, didn't take it to shows, and yet it still sold itself and became a word of mouth success.

Now I take the mix a chop and sells more....thinking of putting the coating set in my kit and seeing if it increases overall sales of that item.

What are some good plants for the midwest that can handle a substantial amount of shade?

hostas, lily of the valley, weeds, . . .;)

Definitely hostas - they require no maintenance and take off like crazy - I have them all over my side yards. And my backyard gets a ton of shade.

I already have a ton of hostas. I'm hoping to get a little variety without wasting my money and having them die in two months :p

Related to Good Shade Plants for the Midwest

1. What are some good shade plants for the Midwest?

Some good shade plants for the Midwest include hostas, ferns, astilbes, bleeding hearts, and coral bells. These plants are hardy and can thrive in the lower light conditions found in the Midwest.

2. Can you recommend any shade plants that also have colorful flowers?

Astilbes, bleeding hearts, and coral bells are all shade plants that also have colorful flowers. Hostas also have beautiful blooms in various shades of purple and white.

3. Are there any shade plants that can tolerate dry soil?

Yes, there are several shade plants that can tolerate dry soil in the Midwest. Some options include barrenwort, lungwort, and foamflower. These plants have adapted to survive in drier conditions and do well in shaded areas.

4. Do any shade plants attract pollinators?

Yes, there are several shade plants that attract pollinators such as bees and butterflies. Some examples include astilbes, coral bells, and bleeding hearts. These plants have nectar-rich flowers that are attractive to pollinators.

5. Can I grow vegetables in the shade in the Midwest?

It can be challenging to grow vegetables in the shade in the Midwest, as most vegetables require full sun to thrive. However, some leafy greens like lettuce, spinach, and kale can tolerate partial shade and may still produce a decent harvest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jbachen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies