• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Book for High School Grads...

In summary, "The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter and How to Make the Most of Them Now" by Dr. Meg Jay is a book that covers a wide range of topics including career development, relationships, personal identity, and decision making during the crucial decade of one's twenties. While the title mentions high school graduates, the book is relevant for anyone in their twenties who is navigating the transition into adulthood. The book is primarily targeted towards individuals in their twenties, but the advice and insights offered can be helpful for anyone in a transitional stage of life. Additionally, "The Defining Decade" can be classified as a blend of self-help and academic literature, as it offers practical advice based on scientific research and case studies
lacychef
I picked up a copy of Maria Shriver's new book "Just Who Will You Be?", to send to my niece who just went off to college. And I heard it's a really fast read (only 80 pages & it's small & fairly big print), so anyway, I decided to read it before I sent it. (shh!) I enjoyed it:thumbup: Talks about how you should ask yourself WHO will you be? instead of WHAT will you be?

I just got a book, how to get any job with any major. I wish I knew about all these books when I graduated high school, instead of nine years later when I have graduated college!

While you're at it, get the grad a copy of Charlie Sykes' http://www.the50rules.com/.Part of the list has been going around the Internet represented as text from a high school graduation speech made by Bill Gates. Gates has never addressed a high school graduation and the list of rules is from this book.http://www.the50rules.com/Portals/66/images/Sykes-images/50rules-book.gif

That sounds good too KG.
Maria's book was her speech she gave at her nephew's high school graduation.

Hello there! I'm so glad you picked up Maria Shriver's book "Just Who Will You Be?" for your niece. It's definitely a great read for young adults who are embarking on a new journey in college. I love how it encourages them to think about who they want to be as a person, rather than just focusing on their career or job title. I think it's a valuable lesson for all of us, no matter what stage of life we're in. Thanks for sharing your experience with the book and I hope your niece finds it just as insightful as you did! Happy reading!

1. What is the title of the "Good Book for High School Grads"?

The book is titled "The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter and How to Make the Most of Them Now" by Dr. Meg Jay.

2. Is this book specifically for high school graduates?

While the title mentions high school graduates, the book is relevant for anyone in their twenties who is navigating the transition into adulthood.

3. What topics does the book cover?

The book covers a wide range of topics including career development, relationships, personal identity, and decision making during the crucial decade of one's twenties.

4. Is this book only for individuals in their twenties?

The book is primarily targeted towards individuals in their twenties, but the advice and insights offered can be helpful for anyone in a transitional stage of life.

5. Is "The Defining Decade" a self-help book?

While the book does offer practical advice and tips for navigating one's twenties, it is also based on scientific research and case studies, making it a blend of self-help and academic literature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
raebates
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC