• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Etiquette for Hostess and Guests

In summary, you send a handwritten thank-you card to the host and to each guest who purchases over $100 in product.
jrb0328
do you send them to the hostess only or the the guests as well?

I write "Thank you!" on the guest receipt and circle my website. I write a note to the host thanking her and inviting her to join me in selling PC telling her how much I earned on her show. I used to tell them how much they earned in full retail value. I haven't been doing that lately for some reason. I think I'll start again. I've referenced the P3 Thank You note, but I haven't actually used it.

jrb0328 said:
do you send them to the hostess only or the the guests as well?

I sent hand written thank-you cards to my host as well as each guest. I actually heard from some guests, when doing my customer care calls that they really appreciated the Thank-you card, and thought it was very nice. No other home party consultant had ever done that for them before.

:)

I send a thank you postcard to my hosts after their order has shipped. I don't for guests.

I send a TY notecard to the host the day after the show...and on each receeipt I put a sticker that says "Thank you" or "You are appreciated" or somethign like that as well as highlight my contact info.

I send a handwritten thank-you card to the host. I do write thanks on the guest order form. I would like to step things up a bit though.

I send a handwritten note to the host the day after her show. I then send her the thank you form letter from P3 when we close.I send an email to all guests and include the recipe we made at the show. I do this when the show is closed so they know when to expect their order (and so they won't bug the host or me wondering where it is).

I send a thank you card to my hosts and to guests who purchase over $100 in product. I do all my receipts from PP, so I hand-write "Thank you" on each and include a tip for at least one of their products. If they bought a product for which I have recipes, I'll include that as well (Quick Stir Pitcher, Cookie Press, DMMP, etc.)

DebbieJ said:
I send a handwritten note to the host the day after her show. I then send her the thank you form letter from P3 when we close.

I send an email to all guests and include the recipe we made at the show. I do this when the show is closed so they know when to expect their order (and so they won't bug the host or me wondering where it is).

I like the idea of sending the email with the recipe made at the show!
I have wanted to send the customer a thank you note, but the cost of postage! And it is going up again:grumpy:

Related to Gift Etiquette for Hostess and Guests

1. What is an appropriate gift to bring as a hostess?

As a guest, it is always a thoughtful gesture to bring a small gift to show your appreciation for the hostess. Some popular gifts include a bottle of wine, a scented candle, or a homemade baked good. However, you can also consider the hostess's interests and preferences when choosing a gift.

2. Should I bring a gift even if it is a casual gathering?

It is not necessary to bring a gift to a casual gathering, but it is still a nice gesture. If you are unsure, you can always ask the hostess beforehand if they would like you to bring something.

3. Is it appropriate to bring a gift if I am also bringing a dish to the party?

Bringing a dish to a party is already a contribution, so it is not necessary to bring an additional gift. However, if you still want to bring something, a small token of appreciation, such as a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates, would be appropriate.

4. Should I open the gift I receive from the hostess immediately?

It is not necessary to open the gift in front of the hostess, but it is considerate to do so. Opening the gift shows that you appreciate the gesture and are excited about the gift.

5. Is it appropriate to regift a hostess gift I received?

Regifting is a personal decision and should be done with caution. If you are considering regifting a hostess gift, make sure the gift is something the new recipient would appreciate and that it is in good condition. It is also polite to disclose to the new recipient that it is a regift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • merego
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies