• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting the Best Deal on Cookware and Cutlery: Promotions, Half-Price and More!

In summary, Amanda recommends trying to get high-priced items through un-used hostess half-priced products, waiting for a promotion, or using Pampered Chef dollars.
jwann
How is the BEST way for me to get a set of the cookware and cutlery as a consultant? Use un-used hostess half-priced products? Wait for a promotion? Pampered Chef dollars? How do YOU get the high-priced stuff??
Thanks!

Anything that is coming with a lifetime guarantee, I'd want in my own name. I've hosted my own shows several times so that I could take advantage of the monthly host special to get 60% off things and shoot for $300 parties at least so I could also get a 1/2 price item.If you are new and earning PC$, then you can also wait for your Kit Enhancement month and get 40% off and then use your PC$ on what you want.For me, I wanted everything, so I used the KEM to get what I wanted along w/ my PC$ earned. But the big ticket items I waited till I was the host of a show.If a close friend or family member is the host and doesn't want to use the 1/2 price item, then I'd see if they wouldn't mind my using it. But I still wouldn't buy something with the lifetime guarantee on it, because I worry about issues down the road and not remembering who or when or what show it was ordered on and if HO would see what I did and have an issue with that. KWIM?

Amanda answered exactly as I would.

Honestly I do this often. Even if it is not in my name you can keep track of what show you bought it from, etc. Especially if you know the host well because then you don't have to pay extra shipping and just include it on their show. I also use the past host discount often too.... 60% is just too good to pass up. I know lots of consultants to who the same thing....

Personally I never have, it's the host's benefits not ours. We can always host our own show at any time to get items 50% off. And later on down the road the host may feel different about you using her 50% off items (happened to my aunt with another consultant).

If I am not mistaken you can also put yourself in as the "co-host" to earn any benefit she does not use. That way you are still tracking it under your name and earning what she does not already want. I do make sure to ask my hosts if they mind if I use it, but I have no concerns about them changing their minds later since I asked them. While we can host our own shows, and I do often, there is only so much we can get out of the folks we directly know, and using benefits our hosts don't use with their permission is a highly done practice. Just my opinion...

grgann said:
If I am not mistaken you can also put yourself in as the "co-host" to earn any benefit she does not use. That way you are still tracking it under your name and earning what she does not already want. I do make sure to ask my hosts if they mind if I use it, but I have no concerns about them changing their minds later since I asked them. While we can host our own shows, and I do often, there is only so much we can get out of the folks we directly know, and using benefits our hosts don't use with their permission is a highly done practice. Just my opinion...

Consultants can't be a co-host of a show.

If a host of mine has left over 1/2 priced items that they just don't want to spend any money on, I ask if they mind if I use them if there is something I can use.

wadesgirl said:
Personally I never have, it's the host's benefits not ours. We can always host our own show at any time to get items 50% off. And later on down the road the host may feel different about you using her 50% off items (happened to my aunt with another consultant).

I always ask first if there's someone they know who would like to use it - a friend or family member. If they say no, I ask if they mind if I use it. I usually double check to make sure, with the understanding that they can use it on anything in the catalog - such as a sauce or something if they don't want to spend a lot of money. I've still had hosts say they don't want to use it - at that point, I will.

I don't know why someone would feel differently later on - it's not like they can get it back once the show is submitted!

jwann said:
How do YOU get the high-priced stuff??

Host your own show! I am trying to get November outside orders because I want that stainless 12" pan at 60% off!
At least, that's been my method as a hobby consultant. In months where there is a host special promo I want, I go for hosting my own show.

^ host your own show, OR if you have in the last year, use the past host benefit. I just did that with a friends show to boost hers to help her qualify. I think for the whole collection of cookware, hosting a $300 show is the best way.

I did it twice with one of my close friends and a good friend/host, otherwise, no. Hosting your own show in the right month is a great way. I got my cookware and forged cutlery in a 60% off anything month, like what we have right now. You also have the kit enhancement month in April for the 40%.

ChefZee said:
^ host your own show, OR if you have in the last year, use the past host benefit. I just did that with a friends show to boost hers to help her qualify. I think for the whole collection of cookware, hosting a $300 show is the best way.

Consultants can't use the past host benefit. We get a 10% discount number when we host but we can't order on a show, and definitely not on a downline show, and besides its less than our discount anyway. If you have gotten away with that just remember that HO does audit shows at random.

BethCooks4U said:
Consultants can't use the past host benefit. We get a 10% discount number when we host but we can't order on a show, and definitely not on a downline show, and besides its less than our discount anyway. If you have gotten away with that just remember that HO does audit shows at random.

Oh, I had no idea! :(

The host can always use her 1/2 price items -- even if it's for something small. I've had a host get the $4 Mini Serving Spatula as one of her 1/2 price items. Even if it's a small amount, it saves them money to use them.

However, the 60% off items are different. With those, I tell them, "If it doesn't get used, it goes to waste, so check with all your friends and see if they want the item(s) at 60% off." But if they come back with, "I talked to everyone and no one needs it," often they'll ask if I can think of anyone who might want to use it. They want someone to benefit when they can't.

I recently had a host who didn't want her 2 Stoneware pieces at 60%. She felt she didn't want to pay any more money out of pocket. However, when I mentioned that the Small Bar Pan was only $6.80, she changed her tune. So, sometimes all you have to do is put the special in more concrete terms like that and then they jump on it.

Shari in TX

1. How often do you have promotions for cookware and cutlery?

At Pampered Chef, we have promotions for cookware and cutlery regularly throughout the year. Our promotions can vary from month to month, so be sure to check our website or catalog for the latest deals and discounts.

2. Can I get half-price on cookware and cutlery?

Yes, you can! Our half-price deals are a popular promotion at Pampered Chef. Keep an eye out for these sales, as they are typically limited-time offers and can save you a significant amount on your cookware and cutlery purchases.

3. Are there any exclusions to your cookware and cutlery promotions?

While we strive to make our promotions available to as many customers as possible, some exclusions may apply. These can include certain product lines or items, and any exclusions will be clearly stated in the promotion details. If you have any questions about specific promotions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

4. Can I combine promotions for cookware and cutlery?

In most cases, our promotions cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. However, there may be certain exceptions to this rule, so be sure to read the details of each promotion carefully. Our goal is to offer our customers the best deals possible, so we encourage you to take advantage of the promotions that work best for you.

5. How can I stay updated on your cookware and cutlery promotions?

The best way to stay updated on our promotions is to sign up for our email list or follow us on social media. You can also check our website or catalog regularly for the latest deals and discounts. And of course, our consultants are always happy to help you find the best deals on cookware and cutlery for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
menehune
  • PCGirl77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies
Views
Jayne