• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Started as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, it sounds like you are both in a similar situation. You both have been with your current directors for a while, but have recently moved away and are trying to reconnect. Your director may be BUSY, but that doesn't mean she isn't interested in helping you succeed. You should contact her and ask if she has any regular meetings, and if not, would like to schedule an open house instead. Let her know you are grateful for her help so far, and would really like to build a relationship with her.
WendyLou
I don't know exactly how to word this, but here goes. I have been with Pampered Chef for about 3 months now. I was one of those "HO leads" to a local director, whom I had never met. I was just e-mailed her info. I waited about 10 days before she got in touch with me and we talked about getting me started. I scheduled a time for her to do a show for me, being that it had been a while since I had been to a show and needed a refresher. I had to cancel a few days before the show because my kids got sick. We decided that I would go on with the contract online and I would do an open house instead of her coming over. I was fine with that. It added to my sales anyway. I didn't hear anything else from her. As I was preparing for my first few shows, I e-mailed her or called about questions I had and she answered my questions very to the point and curtly. After that, nothing. I has been 2 1/2 months since I have heard from her. All I know is her name. She hasn't given me ANY information, told me about any meetings, given me any advice or suggestions. I feel like I'm on my own. If it weren't for this site, I don't know what I would do! Everyone here is so great!! I guess my question is, is this normal? Should I be doing something more to get her attention? I feel like she is making money from me and she acts like I'm not on the face of the earth. I hear about 'cluster meetings' and things like that and I wish I could take advantage of something like that. Tell me if yall think there is something I can do. She did tell me that she has been doing this for 12 years so she knows what she is supposed to do I would think. Please help me figure this out!!:eek:

I would contact her, and just ask her if she holds regular meetings. Let her know that you would really like to meet her face to face, and get to "pick her brain" a bit, too.
It could be that, she just assumes you're not "interested" in anything more from her, and that is why she's basically left you alone.
Don't delay, she may hold her meetings like my director....monthly, and you wouldn't want to wait and miss out on the next one, which is likely to be just around the corner!!

Best wishes,
Paula

The best way to fix any situation is to address it with that person. I would just mention that you have heard some things tossed around and wanted to know about them (cluster meetings, director's newsletter). I would also ask her what she expects from you. Does she expect you to call in once a week or whatever? And, to be honest, she might not have meetings--some don't. She may also have a huge downline and it could take a while for her to rotate back to you when making calls, although I feel it has been too long, especially, when you are so new. Its her job to help make you successful--new or not. Most directors really enjoy helping new recruits. I hope there isn't something wrong medically or some other personal problem that has caused you to not hear from her.

Have you qualified yet?

I hate to respond because I wouldn't want anyone to read this who I don't want to see it, BUT I'm having sort of the same situation. I don't know if it's normal, and I don't think it is normal. I used to sell a few years back and had a great director. I moved three hours away and had a great "guest" director. (I don't remember what that is called.) I actually recruited myself and just contacted someone on my own, not realizing she isn't a director any longer. She actually has a very busy job and doesn't get back to me for days. I end up calling the home office because it's much quicker. Because she isn't a director i don't think she makes any money off of me, but my director also works almost full time so calling her isn't a very good option. I can't seem to get her e-mail from my "recruiter" either. This site is quite helpful, and the home office along with the consultant corner or the PC website is great. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't have to work another job like my recruiter and director. I'm so available that I wish they were available also. I would definitely find out from your recruiter by calling her over and over until she lets you know about cluster meetings. If she isn't holding them then ask her for a name of someone who would let you come to their meetings. If she isn't helpful then call the home office. We have to "act or be acted upon". (I'm reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effectie People. )

That TOTALLY sucks! Sorry to be so blunt, but it does. :( It's definitely NOT normal. I feel for you and I'm SO happy that you found this website. I know I've had some consultants on my team who are less than receptive to the support I'm more than willing to give them (nobody that's on CS by the way). But you don't sound like that-it sounds like you want the information and support. Even though she should be offering this to you, maybe email her and ask if there's a time you can set up to meet (does she live near you?? Maybe you don't even know!) or at the very least talk over the phone. She should be offering you frequent phone calls at the very least to help you get started, answer your questions, go through basic training, etc. I'd call her or send her an email and let her know you'd like whatever training and support she can offer and you'd like to know when cluster meetings are, etc. If she lives far from you, she should locate a hospitality director for you. If you hear nothing from her within a DAY (two at the very most - I can't believe it took her almost two weeks to get back to you after she got the HO lead!), then find out who your upline director is...the one above her. See if you can contact her. That would be the 2nd person listed on your commission check above your director.

Good luck!! Those are my suggestions at this point. I was so shocked by your post, I just replied without thinking too much about it. I hope it gets better for you!!! Keep your chin high!!

i would call her and ask when the next meeting is, and if she is still "stand offish" ask her out right if there is a problem. did u do something to offend her etc. and if she does have a problem then i would call ho and see if you could transfer to a different cluster.
i had a friend that was suppose to sign under me when i first started and she instead went online and became a ho lead to a director she never met and same thing never got any help at all from her, needless to say she put in 2 shows and that was it
hope it works out for you and im sure if you cant transfer to a different cluster you could find a great hospitality director to help you make your business a hugh success for you :)

Sorry to hear that, JAE. I think people who are HO leads are great because they are motivated to get started, but sometimes, you don't have that personal relationship at first like you would with someone you met at a show.

And, don't worry about people reading your post. As long as you are fair, accurate and do not personally attack anyone, it could serve as a good reminder for all of us how people new to the business can feel.

Oh, and the term you were looking for was "hospitality" director.

And, I may get flogged for this, but I think when you have a new member on your team, it is essential that you at least acknowledge you received a message from your new member. "Hi, Sue... Just wanted to let you know, that I did get your call and I can't give you the time you deserve right now, can I call you tonight? Or.. I'm not sure what that answer is but I will call you back by X." Not only is it important to communicate, it is also good manners. I don't think anyone should be too busy to help you get off to the best start possible. Its their responsibility to help you.

Maybe you can find another Director in your area and go to their cluster meeting.

Thank you ladies so much!! I knew I could count on some support here. I will take the advice and contact her again. I have qualified and my show average is about $450. I owe it all to the wonderful advice and the amazing files on CS! Thank you so much!

Well, I am very sorry, Wendy, but this is waaaaayyyyy past due:
WAY TO GO! AWESOME JOB!!!

$450 IS A GREAT SHOW AVERAGE!!!

Hi Anne,

I absolutely agree with you on the manners comment. We all get busy in life, but when it starts to interfere with being polite, I think its time to pull back. (This is something I'm doing right now....I realized I had not answered a customer's email for over a week and dropped a product adjustment...so I'm slowing down to ensure my customer care is what it should be).

One other comment, I originally submitted an "I want to be a PC consultant" email via HO. After three days of no contact from whoever got the lead, I dug up an old catalog, called that consultant out of the blue, and signed under her number. Seven months later, I'm just under 40K in sales (thank you chefsuccess and fellow cheffers)....I don't mean that as a toot, but as a point that being perceived as impolite can mean a missed opportunity. (Of course, that person may have been out of town or simply having a bad day, so I do feel kinda bad...except I ended up with both an awesome director and hospitality director) :)

Wendy/Jae

There are a bunch of wonderful directors on this site!!! Adopt one or 20!!!!!:D

chefkristin said:
Wendy/Jae

There are a bunch of wonderful directors on this site!!! Adopt one or 20!!!!!:D

Great advice! I have found that any director, consultant or anyone else for that matter so helpful here that I truly do not know what I would have done, or if I would still be doing PC if it were not for this site! I'm just finished my fourth month, and KNOW that this site has/is keeping me encouraged & motivated! It is the BEST training I've received thus far! Thanks ALL!:D :D

Good luck to you ladies - keep coming here and keep working your business and you will be so successful that your directors will be shaking their heads in amazement!!

I cannot even understand why someone would want to be a director, if they aren't going to communicate with their downline........and I don't think that having another fulltime job is a good excuse for not keeping in contact with your recruits. There are several successful Directors on this site who have/had other full time jobs -( Beth, Ann(Baychef), Paige, come to mind)and I know that my director, although she doesn't have another job, has 5 children, is on her City Council, works w/ boy scouts & girl scouts, helps her DH w/ a Running Club......and still finds time to help with school fundraisers, field trips, etc.....at the same time keeping in contact with her cluster and running monthly cluster meetings.....and I KNOW that some of the ladies in our cluster were HO leads, but they are given the same respect and attention as the rest of us. I wasn't a HO lead, but I did sign under someone else, who then quit, but Jen (my director) has always been an awesome director for me!

I would definitely approach the director(s) in question, and if you can't get any help there - go to your Upline and get help!

AND JAE: I notice you are in Holland? I live in Jenison, but my cluster meets in Wayland......if you needed a meeting to go to, we could see about getting you into ours! You could take Adams St, straight out to 131, and be there in no time!

Becky, I am glad you said that. I know directors can have a challenging job and I don't want to sound unfair. I think the directors on this site are awesome. Mine is awesome--she runs a full time chiropractic practice, has two active children and she is involved in a ton. She is always available. And when I do have to wait, its pretty reasonable.

Congratulations, Wendy. I hope you get the director issues worked out. You've gotten some good advice. In the meantime, you've always got us.

Yes, let me know if you need anything, cause then I'll just volunteer Rae. LOL Just kidding!

Wendy -

Great job on getting your business going IN SPITE OF your situation with your Director. Don't let having upline issues deter you! Remember that this is YOUR business and YOU have the ability to succeed in spite of ... And you will never, ever do this to YOUR downline.

My director simply doesn't do cluster meetings any more. She would get everything ready and no one would show up. Her director (Advance Director) doesn't do them either. But - the two of them DID make sure to get me to a meeting at our Executive Director's home last week. They also took me to the Director's Meeting (that was fun!) the next morning, after we camped out in the AD daughter's house for the night. We had a blast :D But, I've been very clear with her about what I want to achieve. She knows I want to advance to Director quickly and is willing to help all she can. But I had to let her know what I wanted. One thing she does NOT do that I will probably do differently with my team is she never comes to me - I always have to go to her house, which is about 45 minutes away from me. I think when it is me, I will go to them the first time - perhaps when their kit arrives.

So, I would recommend that you do as some of the other ladies on here have suggested - call her, set up a time you can go see her, and let her know your goals. And remember that you have the freedom to run your business completely differently than she does!

Have a great June Sell-A-Thon!

Wendy,

GREAT JOB! You are ON YOUR WAY!

"Everyone, I would like to recognize Wendy. She is a new consultant and has QUALIFIED! Her show average is $450 A MONTH! Amazing! We can all learn from Wendy and ask her what wonderful things she is doing at her shows to make her so successful!"

It is always fun to be recognized. I hope you are close to Becky because it is truly important to be recognized. My director would have said what I said and more. She loves her downline and her hospitality. I miss her so much! She is in San Diego. Anyway, if you do contact your director and it doesn't work out, send your recognition to your hospitality and keep chatting here on CS. You will continue to do very well ;)

I too am new to this site - actally today is my 1st day and I have found some very useful info. my direct recruiter is not the best support either and very glad i found this site by happenstance...

AJPratt said:
Yes, let me know if you need anything, cause then I'll just volunteer Rae. LOL Just kidding!

Sure. Go ahead. I know absolutely nothing, but I commiserate well.

ChefBeckyD said:
I cannot even understand why someone would want to be a director, if they aren't going to communicate with their downline........and I don't think that having another fulltime job is a good excuse for not keeping in contact with your recruits. There are several successful Directors on this site who have/had other full time jobs -( Beth, Ann(Baychef), Paige, come to mind)and I know that my director, although she doesn't have another job, has 5 children, is on her City Council, works w/ boy scouts & girl scouts, helps her DH w/ a Running Club......and still finds time to help with school fundraisers, field trips, etc.....at the same time keeping in contact with her cluster and running monthly cluster meetings.....and I KNOW that some of the ladies in our cluster were HO leads, but they are given the same respect and attention as the rest of us. I wasn't a HO lead, but I did sign under someone else, who then quit, but Jen (my director) has always been an awesome director for me!

I would definitely approach the director(s) in question, and if you can't get any help there - go to your Upline and get help!

AND JAE: I notice you are in Holland? I live in Jenison, but my cluster meets in Wayland......if you needed a meeting to go to, we could see about getting you into ours! You could take Adams St, straight out to 131, and be there in no time!

Becky, thank you so much!! It is very hard to "strike a balance" and sometimes it takes me a few days to get back to people. HO leads to me are treated no different than those I sign from parties. I would call your director and keep trying to build a relationship. There are times when my upline will come to my rescue and help with additional phone training with my downline. Also, my team meeting two days ago, my downline said that they love our meeting and how we have fun...it helps them bond with one another and lean on each other too when I am not available. You will not learn every thing or get every thing from your director (we are not THAT good!!!)

Speaking of my full time job...got to get back to it:(

I was a HO lead too. My director is cold and luke warm. She is there when she wants to be and otherwise she is "busy". There have been times that she was very supportive - especially when I first started.

I have had several new people on my team who were HO leads and I treat the exactly as I would a lead from a show or a friend who decided to join. We are all the same and they all deserve the same attention from me. I put the information on meetings, etc. out there for everyone and try to "touch" everyone as often as I can. Of course those who are working get more contacts but anyone who needs my time gets it no matter if they are inactive or are #1 on the team. I hope that I still do that when my team grows larger but I will especially be available to newbies no matter what.

Talk to your director. She may not realize you want her input. Some consultants (and especially HO leads) prefer to do things there way and aren't interested in what the director has to say. Maybe something that was said done at the beginning made her think you felt that way. BUT, in my opinion, she should still have given you her full information and meeting times.

Keep up the good work!!

It's threads like this that make me feel so blessed to have my upline. And make me realize why the Hospitality Award is so important.

chefann said:
It's threads like this that make me feel so blessed to have my upline. And make me realize why the Hospitality Award is so important.

I think the hospitality thing is wonderful - too bad you have to go thru your director to get one! I'm close in proximity to my director, but like Beth said of her director she is cold. I do not feel comfortable with her at all, and unfortunately I'm stuck until I bump into another director in my area. I wish my recruiter would promote, but honestly I don't think it is something she is interested in.:(

Thank goodness you found the wonderful directors here.

raebates said:
Thank goodness you found the wonderful directors here.
Not to mention other FABULOUS consultants like ourselves!

AJPratt said:
Not to mention other FABULOUS consultants like ourselves!

I'm glad we are all such a humble bunch too!:p

It ain't braggin' if'n it's true.

Absolutely, you are all fantabulous

You all can't know how in awe of you I am for all of the support! I feel motivated again that I CAN do this! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

We are humble!

1. How do I get started as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To get started as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can contact a local director or submit your information online. Once you have been connected with a director, they will guide you through the process of signing up and getting started.

2. What is the typical process for starting as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The typical process for starting as a Pampered Chef consultant involves signing up with a local director or online, attending a training event, and scheduling your first show. Your director will also provide you with resources and support to help you get started.

3. Is it normal to not hear from my director after getting started as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, it is not normal to not hear from your director after getting started as a Pampered Chef consultant. Your director should be available to answer any questions or provide support throughout your journey as a consultant.

4. What can I do if I am not receiving support or guidance from my Pampered Chef director?

If you are not receiving support or guidance from your Pampered Chef director, you can reach out to other consultants for advice and resources. You can also contact the company directly for assistance.

5. Are there any additional resources or meetings I can attend as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there are additional resources and meetings available for Pampered Chef consultants, such as cluster meetings and online training events. You can also connect with other consultants through social media or online forums to share tips and tricks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered_terry