• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting a Business Helper: Pros & Cons

In summary, the author of the content thinks that the Merrill jacket with the PC logo is good, and that the author uses the tote as a purse and to bring water and snacks to her son's baseball games.
nikki70563
Gold Member
I'm thinking about getting one - does anyone have one and if so do you like it or not and does it help to get business?

Love it! I give it to all of my new recruits as a "Welcome" gift and to help them promote their business. I highly recommend it, but you have to USE it! :)

how do you use it as a purse or a bag??

I use mine as a purse...and I get orders...I got an order one time waiting for a table at a restaurant...best part is she ordered some seasonings...so I call her occasionally and she reorders.

I've used it as both. It def. works!

I just ordered a catalog tote on today's supply order.

Also I got the Merrill jacket with the PC logo. We'll see how it goes.

I like mine, I take it to every show, has extra catalogs, calendar, host packets and money bag in it.

wadesgirl said:
I like mine, I take it to every show, has extra catalogs, calendar, host packets and money bag in it.
I'm thinking of getting another one. I use it like wadesgirl but I also use it as a purse. It would be nice not to have to change it back and forth all the time.

buckeyefan08 said:
I'm thinking of getting another one. I use it like wadesgirl but I also use it as a purse. It would be nice not to have to change it back and forth all the time.

That might be a good idea. I use my catalog tote as a "purse" when out and about, and use a bigger one that we got at conference one year for my shows. It would be a huge pain to keep switching back and forth.

Although, now that I got my nice Coach purse with my $250 gift card, it's so hard to not carry that! I guess I can use that as a selling tool, though - "Hey, nice purse" "Thanks, I got it free through Pampered Chef!" :D

cathyskitchen said:
Although, now that I got my nice Coach purse with my $250 gift card, it's so hard to not carry that! I guess I can use that as a selling tool, though - "Hey, nice purse" "Thanks, I got it free through Pampered Chef!" :D

That is so true!!! People always comment on my purses. I only wish I could say they were free (and real for that matter!!LOL) People take note of designer bags!

Yeah, I am not excited about carrying around that butt-ugly catalog tote, but I'm going to try it.

For a month.

Hey, I just posted on another thread, I just got the tote, and used it as a purse at a live stock show this weekend. (I didn't want to take my nice Coach bag because of you know....poop) I had several people ask me about it. I passed out several catalouges. I picked up several orders for a hostess who is having a show, and a couple of people want to do shows. I also had it at work and a student nurse was there and she wants to do a show after she finishes school this summer.

I use mine as a purse/carry-all bag!! My oldest son plays traveling basketball & baseball, so that is a great opportunity to make contacts outside of my immediate area. Someone always notices the PC catalog & sometimes I forget I even have it with me:yuck: !! A lady stopped me this weekend as I was chasing down child #2, and said is that the new spring catalog. I am sure she thought I was nuts because I looked at her with blank stare as it took me a minute to realize what she was talking about. :blushing:

pamperedtara said:
My oldest son plays traveling basketball & baseball, so that is a great opportunity to make contacts outside of my immediate area.

So does my son...I'm hoping the tote will spark some good conversations! :)

When I used to carry mine it brought me TONS of business. Then DH bought me a Coach purse for our anniversary last summer so I started carrying that instead...:( I love my Coach but my Catalog Tote was much more lucrative! Now I use it to bring water & snacks to my sons' baseball games...hopefully it'll start working again (yesterday was opening day for their baseball season)

I've had mine for a few months and use it as an every day purse. No one has ever asked me about it to be honest. But, I figure for $15, it's a good purse (good size, seems well made so far, etc) and maybe someone will ask me some day!

I've had mine for a few weeks and have already given out a catalog, no order yet.. but you never know :) It works pretty good for a diaper type bag.. I put a ziploc bag inside and put in sippy cups/snacks, etc. I have a full size catalog on the outside pocket and a few minis behind it so I can give them out..I also cut out the Help Whip Cancer design from the last CN and put it in the bottom corner.. and i have the ribbon pin on the strap too.

I recently gave out a catalog using mine. Figured that alone made it worth the $15, because it was a stranger I'd never seen before.

I use it as a purse and my only complaint is that it can be hard to get to stuff using it. I have most of my makeup in one case inside the tote, have my wallet, checkbook and calculator in it. Most of the time I put my debit card in my pocket just because it's easier that way. I also put my pens and stuff in the zipper pocket.

Just ordered mine...hope it helps.

I have the HWC tote and the Pampered Chef tote. I am probably sounding snobby ( but I am not a snob, I swear)... I love,love love my louis vuitton bag, BUT I use started using my tote as a diaper bag since my kids don't require as much stuff when we go out now. I really like both totes, but I guess I am kind of a purse snob, sorry :( Please don't hold it against me, I am really nice :)

I use my Coach bag on a daily basis and I am one of those people that brings an extra bag to work everyday and that is/was my catalog tote until a girl at work turned my boss into HR for promoting her Avon biz at work and now I can't solicite PC anymore and can't carry that bag.
I do have another PC bag that looks like the show-to-go and you can barely see the logo, so I am using that now for my basics, calendar, order forms and catalogs for those that I may need to "sneak" a book too at work.

I feel silly asking but where can I find this tote? I looked on Merrill and I don't see it.. I won a $25 gift card to them and want to spend it wisely.

The catalog tote is on Supply Order, not from Merrill. Merrill has several other totes, though.

chefann said:
The catalog tote is on Supply Order, not from Merrill. Merrill has several other totes, though.

Well thats why I couldn't find it :balloon:
Thanks~ I will get it when I get my first batch of PC$s

I got my 2 totes from Merrill and not from PC supply order. I didn't see where there was a tote on the supply order. I have 2 totes so I don't need another one right now.

I have been using mine for about two weeks...some days it works better than others, but I'm learning that whatever business I get from it is just icing on the cake. You never know when it will start up a good conversation! I have toddlers, too, so I love that it's got plenty of room in it for me to put a few diapers and my small wipes container. I can also fit my camera, wallet, checkbook, pens, etc., with plenty of room to spare. And I keep two or three catalogs plus order forms on the front panel.

merego said:
I got my 2 totes from Merrill and not from PC supply order. I didn't see where there was a tote on the supply order. I have 2 totes so I don't need another one right now.

I just found the catalog tote bag on the order supply list item number 9612... thanks for trying to help :)

does it show a picture?

Where can I go to see a picture of what some stuff looks like when we do an non commission order? Am I making sense?

There aren't a lot of pics of the supply items. The online form has pics of the Show to Go system, but not other things.

I'm interested too. But I have a question.
I'd like to use it as my diaper bag. However we use cloth diapers. The biggest disadvantage I have found with cloth is they are significantly larger than disposables. Right now I have a toddler who is probably ready for potty training but it is too cold and snowy to take it outside and I'm too lazy. Come August (okay considering how late DS was - more likely September) I will have a newborn. Will this bag be big enough?ZK

I would like to see it also... anyone have a picture they can post o email me?

This is the catalog tote. It has a small pocket inside that I use for pens and sticky notes. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/DSCI0001-1.jpg

I've just started using mine again - I like it. I haven't gotten business from it, but I've handed out catalogs and hopefully sowed some seeds.One thing I did do - I bought something similar to a Pursket (Purseket - The Purse Organizer) from Bed Bath and Beyond. It makes it a LOT easier to find things. I love bags with lots of compartments, and the pursket-type thing fills that role.

chefann said:
This is the catalog tote. It has a small pocket inside that I use for pens and sticky notes.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/DSCI0001-1.jpg

Ann you're the best.... thanks! Just to confirm that is the tote from the supply order form that is $15. I think I'm going to order it! Thanks :)

Yes, that's the $15 one on supply order.

Thank you Ann. I have been looking for a pic of that tote for about a month.

I think the catalog tote is great, but c'mon..how masculine is it? Not that I'm the epitome of butch, but I can't see myself carrying it around, although I'd like to do it to advertise. They need a messenger bag!

leftymac said:
They need a messenger bag!

YES, that's it a messenger bag. Seeing as that is the kind bag I use for every thing. My hubby even uses it.

Yep -- living in the city I just can't see myself walking around downtown DC with a cute lil tote. I'd be the laughing stock in the gay district. ;)

So suggest it to HO and to Merrill. :)

Done! Thanks for reminding me to do that!

I'm intrigued... I may have to order a catalog tote with my next supply order, after I earn more money. Think I'll see about using it as a purse...

Look on page 2 of this thread

I ordered one today on my supply, I am glad that it works. And I like the idea of giving it to your new recruits.

Related to Getting a Business Helper: Pros & Cons

What is a business helper and how can it benefit my Pampered Chef business?

A business helper, also known as a virtual assistant or business manager, is someone who can assist you with various tasks related to your Pampered Chef business. This can include administrative tasks, marketing, social media management, and more. Having a business helper can free up your time and allow you to focus on other important aspects of your business, ultimately helping to grow your business.

What are the potential pros of hiring a business helper for my Pampered Chef business?

Some potential pros of hiring a business helper for your Pampered Chef business may include increased productivity, more time to focus on other aspects of your business, and the ability to delegate tasks that you may not enjoy or have time for. A business helper can also bring new skills and ideas to your business and help you stay organized and on track.

Are there any potential cons to hiring a business helper for my Pampered Chef business?

Some potential cons of hiring a business helper may include the added expense, as business helpers typically charge for their services. It's important to carefully consider the cost and whether it will be a worthwhile investment for your business. Additionally, you may need to spend time training and communicating with your business helper, which may take some initial effort.

Do you personally have a business helper for your Pampered Chef business and do you recommend it?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I do not have a business helper for my own business. However, I have heard from many consultants who have hired business helpers and have had positive experiences. It ultimately depends on your individual business needs and whether you feel the benefits outweigh the potential cons.

How can I find and hire a reliable and trustworthy business helper for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to find and hire a business helper for your Pampered Chef business. You can ask for recommendations from other consultants in your network, search for virtual assistants on freelance websites, or post a job listing on job search engines. It's important to thoroughly vet potential candidates and communicate clearly about your expectations and needs to ensure a successful working relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Michelle's Kitchen
  • Toni Monsen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AJPratt