• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a Seller's Permit: What You Need to Know

In summary, you can avoid obtaining a seller's permit by citing section 6015 of the Revenue and Taxation Code when informing the event organizers that you are not required to have one.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
A booth that I am doing next month wants a copy of seller's permit, I am a little lost on where I can find this? Does anyone know where or who I need to call to get it.TIA

I emailed the Board of Equalization a couple years ago when I first started, as I was asked for a seller's permit when I signed up to do a booth... Here is their response:

Hello Joy:

You are not required to obtain a seller's permit, because Pampered Chef (I love their stuff!) holds the permit for all their reps. In fact, you cannot obtain a seller's permit, because of the same reason.

All you need to do, is notify the event operators that you are not required to obtain a seller's permit, and you can cite section 6015 of the Revenue and Taxation Code as your reason. Pampered Chef is what we call a "6015"
retailer (just like Avon, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Amway, etc.). All the operator needs from is a statement that you are not required to have a seller's permit.

Thank you for contacting the Board of Equalization's Information Center.
If you have any questions, please contact us between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Pacific Time. Our telephone number is (800) 400-7115. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

THANK YOU!!!! I was wondering the same thing. Now what about a sales tax permit? Is that the same thing?? I'm in California wanting to expand my business but don't want to have to go through the hassle.

I know at fairs we have said we are just there for leads.

I will call the booth place tomorrow, and talk to them before I mail the application.

The Board of Equalization is who manages the sales tax permits, which is the same thing as a seller's permit....

Thanks- so I just have to call and ask for a statement like what you received?? I'm so glad I found CS - You ladies ROCK!

I wondered about this too. My SIL sells pure romance and thinks she knows everything about everything. She insisted that I needed one of these dispite the fact that I asked my upline. Now I have proof that she is wrong and can sound like I know what I'm talking about!! Thanks!!

Related to Get a Seller's Permit: What You Need to Know

What is a seller's permit?

A seller's permit, also known as a sales tax permit or resale permit, is a document that allows a business to collect and remit sales tax to the state government. It is required for businesses that sell tangible goods or services within a state.

Do I need a seller's permit?

If you are selling tangible goods or services within a state, you will most likely need a seller's permit. However, the specific requirements vary by state, so it's best to check with your state's tax agency to determine if you need one.

How do I apply for a seller's permit?

The process for applying for a seller's permit also varies by state. In general, you will need to fill out an application and provide information about your business, such as your business location, type of goods or services sold, and expected sales. You may also need to pay a fee and provide supporting documents, such as a copy of your business license.

What are the benefits of having a seller's permit?

Having a seller's permit allows you to legally collect and remit sales tax to the state government. This helps you avoid penalties and fines for not collecting sales tax. It also allows you to purchase goods from suppliers at wholesale prices, as many suppliers require a seller's permit to prove that you are a legitimate business.

Do I need a separate seller's permit for each state?

Yes, if you have a physical presence or make sales in multiple states, you will need a seller's permit for each state. This is because sales tax is determined by the state in which the sale takes place, and each state has its own tax laws and regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • California Girl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • adnoel