• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for John Doe: Helping His Leukemia Battle

John Doe's Cancer FundThe check has to be made out to an organization -- but John Doe Fund is an organization.She needs to check with her bank to see if they will cash a check made out to the fund.oh really? See, I didn't know that. So, she has to set up a bank account and make the checks to that account then, right?What about the PWS? Can they go through there and order?They can order on a show on the PWS and then you just put them in on the regular fundraiser.
SilverCeladon
I did my second show tonight and the sister of the host has her 8 month old son in the hospital with leukemia. She asked me tonight about doing a fundraiser for him. I did she has to have a specific bank account and she said that her son does have a bank account. I don't think it'll work because doesn't have to be specific to the cause? "John Doe's Cancer Fund" or something like that?

the check has to be made out to an organization -- but John Doe Fund is an organization. She needs to check with her bank to see if they will cash a check made out to the fund.

oh really? See, I didn't know that. So, she has to set up a bank account and make the checks to that account then, right? What about the PWS? Can they go through there and order?

They can order on a show on the PWS and then you just put them in on the regular fundraiser. I think for the check to be allowed for deposit the organization needs to be listed on the account.

Jenna Doe
John Doe's Cancer Fund
acct. #XXXXXXX

She can check with her bank to see the exact stipulations...

Yes -- I was the chairperson for my high school reunion 4 years ago and I set up a bank account for the "Class of 88 Reunion" with my name as secondary on the account so checks made out to the Class of 88 or in my name could be deposited.

The bank should be able to help her. In the meantime, you can start organizing her fundraiser -- worst case scenario, she leaves the account as it is and if she has a problem depositing the check then the bank will help her set up the correct account then.

Since many 8 month olds don't have bank accounts, she may already have a fund account set up. That poor family, I hope that he recovers quickly.

As far as PWS, you can just set it up in the child's name. They can order on-line at your PWS using Order Products, then option 1 and entering the child's name.

If you really want to make the fundraiser successful, you can have her sell Raffle tickets for a specific PC item (for instance the Santuko Knife, if you order it in April at 40% off that brings the price of it down to something like $42 -- you take the first $42 of the raffle and the rest of it goes to the child (unless you are in a position to just donate the item and write it off as a business expense). Sell the tickets at $1 or $5 etc.

And of course, the guests can continue to order all PC items.

Awesome ideas Laura! I don't even have a PWS yet...just qualified last night! I'll be sure to get one definitely if this fundraiser takes effect. Thanks so much!

Related to Fundraising for John Doe: Helping His Leukemia Battle

1. What is "Fundraising for John Doe: Helping His Leukemia Battle"?

"Fundraising for John Doe: Helping His Leukemia Battle" is a campaign that aims to raise funds and support for John Doe, who is currently battling leukemia. John is a beloved member of our community and we want to do everything we can to help him in his fight against this disease.

2. How can I contribute to the fundraising campaign?

There are several ways you can contribute to the fundraising campaign for John Doe. You can make a donation directly to the campaign, purchase products from our special Pampered Chef fundraiser catalog, or host a fundraising party where a portion of the sales will be donated to the campaign. Every contribution, big or small, makes a difference.

3. Is there a specific goal for the fundraising campaign?

Yes, our goal is to raise $10,000 for John Doe's leukemia battle. This amount will help cover medical expenses, treatments, and any other support that John and his family may need during this difficult time.

4. Can I donate without making a purchase?

Absolutely! If you would like to make a donation without making a purchase, you can do so by directly contributing to the campaign through our designated donation page. Every donation is greatly appreciated and will go towards supporting John in his fight against leukemia.

5. How long will the fundraising campaign last?

The fundraising campaign will last for one month, starting from the launch date. However, donations and purchases will still be accepted after the official end date. We want to continue supporting John and his family for as long as they need our help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mandydollie