• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Cooking Playdate for Kids with Mommy Group: Station Ideas and Planning Tips

In summary, DeniseLuke, 4, suggested pizza making on pita bread, Mouse Cupcakes with mini vanilla wafers for ears, Hershey kiss for nose, mini M&Ms for eyes, and pull n peel twizzlers for whiskers. Back when my kids were preschoolers (3-4 years old), I did Flying Saucer PB&J using the Cut n Seal, Lemonade in the QS pitcher (for the little-little ones, we used powdered drink mix--for the older ones we squeezed lemons with the juicer), and sliced strawberries with the Egg Slicer Plus.
DeniseJoiner
I planned a cooking playdate with my mommy group. all the kids are about 2 and 3. YIKES. there will only be one child per mom, so that'll help! :chef:

However I need some suggestions please.

I was thinking about setting up stations; however I'm not really sure which stations to have.

I have everything that came in my kit, the cutters, the pizza roller, the prep bowl set, the safe cutter, the cut n seal.

Any ideas?

How many stations would you have?

Thanks.
Denise

Luke, who is 4, loves to put pizzas together on pita bread. You could have out the assorted topping for them in prep bowls. You could use the coating trays too, anything that would hold topping. They could use the scrappers for the sauce.

Mouse Cupcakes are fun! Let kids ice the cupcakes. Add mini vanilla wafers for the ears, Hershey kiss for the nose, mini M&Ms for the eyes, and pull n peel twizzlers for the whiskers!!

Back when my kids were in preschool (3-4 years old), I did a cooking with kids both the 3 & 4 year old classes. We Flying Saucer PB&J using the Cut n Seal, Lemonade in the QS pitcher (for the little-little ones, we used powdered drink mix--for the older ones we squeezed lemons with the juicer), and sliced strawberries with the Egg Slicer Plus.

Of course, you could also cut bologna with the creative cutters.

I also did a cooking with kids (a little older) and did the mango salsa sundaes for the moms (kids cut the tortilla with the pizza cutter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar) and then the kids made their own ice cream sandwiches with the ice cream sandwich maker.

Whatever you decide to do, keep it simple and let the kids help as much as their able...they'll have a BLAST!

Any suggestions for a show that will be held at 5:30, closer to mealtime? (for the 2-4 yr old age group)

slight hi-jack but still kid related. Has anyone done anything with home school kids and parents.
At my "day job" I work with some home school families and thought it might be neat to do a cooking show with them. Most the kids I have in mind are 7-11 years old.
I wonder if getting a group of kids that age in the kitchen would end up a disastrous mess... any input?

What are the benefits of involving kids in the kitchen?

There are numerous benefits to involving kids in the kitchen. It can help improve their motor skills and hand-eye coordination, boost their self-confidence and creativity, and teach them valuable life skills such as following instructions and measuring. It can also be a fun bonding activity for families.

At what age can kids start helping in the kitchen?

The age at which kids can start helping in the kitchen varies, but most children can begin assisting with simple tasks around the age of 3 or 4. As they get older and more skilled, they can take on more complex tasks.

What are some age-appropriate kitchen tasks for kids?

Some age-appropriate kitchen tasks for kids include washing fruits and vegetables, mixing ingredients, setting the table, and helping with meal preparation. Older kids can also learn how to use small kitchen appliances and assist with cooking on the stove with supervision.

How can I make cooking a fun and educational experience for kids?

There are many ways to make cooking a fun and educational experience for kids. You can involve them in meal planning and grocery shopping, let them choose a recipe to make, and incorporate learning opportunities such as measuring ingredients and discussing food groups. You can also make it a game by having them guess the ingredients or try new foods.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when cooking with kids?

Yes, it's important to take safety precautions when cooking with kids. Make sure to supervise them at all times, teach them how to safely handle kitchen tools and appliances, and use caution when handling hot items. It's also a good idea to teach them about food safety and proper handwashing techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies