• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Festive Cinco De Mayo Games for Your Celebration

In summary, for a Cinco de Mayo party, there are several options for games and activities. These include a guacamole challenge, a Cinco de Mayo trivia game, a word find game, and a "Buenos Amigos" activity where children write kind things about their classmates. Other ideas include coloring pages and a "Pin the Sombrero on Pedro" game.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Does anyone know of any games to play for my Cindo De Mayo party???

I would also like a game for a Cinco De Mayo show. Anyone?

I'm not one for games but it just so happens I'm in charge of planning a Cinco de Mayo party at my f/t job. For fun, we're doing a guacamole challenge - best guac wins something. Also for fun, while everyone is eating we're doing a Cinco de Mayo trivia game with various questions regarding the holiday and other significant themed questions (for prizes of course). Not sure if any of this helps but it's all I have at this point.

Here is a couple of things I have found so far...

Here is a link I found, it pictures kids can color of Cinco De Mayo. Thought it would be good to bring some for kids to color.

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/coloring-pages/cinco-de-mayo/index.html

Word Find
Take a Cinco de Mayo/Mexican related word such as: sombrero, guacamole, burritos, festival etc. and find as many little words as possible before the timer runs out.

Example: Festival
Words: vail, fat, fit, fail, file, sail, seal, set, sat, sit, tail...

Example: Guacamole
Words: mole, male, meal, camel, came, come, am, me, mule, cue, game...

Buenos Amigos (Good Friend)Supplies: Thought they could do this for the Host
Paper
Pen
Timer

How To Play:Set the timer and have the children write as many kind things as they can think of about their classmate (amigo) on their right. The last child writes about the first child. Suggest that they write kind things about how their amigo acts, thinks, plays, works or looks. Give the paper to the amigo to take home.

I'm doing "Pin the Sombrero on Pedro". I bought a pin the tail on the donkey game, and the dollar store had really cute sombrero party invitations, so I'm using those instead of the tail. Of course for some of my ladies, I might go to the mall and get one of those posters with hot male models. Before they see the sombrero I'm sure their minds will be in the gutter:eek: :eek: at the name of the game!:D :D

1. What are some traditional Mexican games that can be incorporated into a Cinco de Mayo celebration?

Some popular traditional Mexican games that are perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration include Piñatas, Lotería (Mexican bingo), and La Carrera de Relevos (relay race).

2. Can you recommend any fun and festive game ideas for children at a Cinco de Mayo party?

For children, a great game idea is a Mexican Hat Dance competition. You can also set up a station for making papel picado (Mexican tissue paper decorations) or have a coloring contest with themed coloring pages.

3. Are there any games that incorporate traditional Mexican foods for a Cinco de Mayo celebration?

Yes, a fun and delicious game idea is a Chalupa Challenge, where players race to assemble a chalupa (a fried tortilla with toppings) the fastest. Another idea is a Salsa Tasting Contest, where participants taste and rate different types of salsa.

4. Are there any games that involve learning about the history and culture of Cinco de Mayo?

A great game idea to learn about the history of Cinco de Mayo is a Trivia Game, where players answer questions about the holiday and its significance. You can also set up a Cultural Scavenger Hunt, where participants have to find and learn about different Mexican cultural items.

5. Can you suggest any games that can be played virtually for a virtual Cinco de Mayo celebration?

For a virtual celebration, you can play a Virtual Mariachi Band Challenge, where players use household items to create their own virtual mariachi band. You can also have a Virtual Costume Contest, where participants dress up in traditional Mexican attire and share their photos online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pchefmartha
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • gkpamperedchef